18The Spirit of the Lord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 21, 2009
Luke 4:17-21

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17And there was handed to Him [the roll of] the book of the prophet Isaiah. He opened (unrolled) the book and found the place where it was written,
18The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity],
19To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day [a]when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound.
20Then He rolled up the book and gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were gazing [attentively] at Him.
21And He began to speak to them: Today this Scripture has been fulfilled [b]while you are present and hearing.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Yes at the end of the day, it is all about the least of these, the poor,those in bondage,the lost, the broken-hearted.

Aug 12, 2010
Unless someone says what they wanna study about bible verses I'm not gonna post.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
ya.
she left off where Jesus left off on that scroll........JUDGEMENT DAY.

A

AnandaHya

yep God sent Jesus His only begotten Son and Jesus sends us....

To do what?

"19To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day [a]when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound."

probably be a good idea to know WHAT an accepted and acceptable year of the Lord is, what salvation is and what FREE really means much less carp in on the Favors part like greedy little kids after the candy...

most don't even know what an acceptable DAY or Fast for God is and think its all about abstaining from food and their own pleasures, tormenting their souls with repentance and fake piety when GOD clearly says otherwise....

Isaiah 58
6 “ Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the LORD will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’