2012:need not worry!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charles

Mt. 24:36, But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
No one knows the day or hr. but the Father, but scripture does show an approximation (close estimate) of the time:
2 Pe. 3:8,"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
Now let's look at Hosea 6:2;
Hosea 6:2," After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."
"two days": After two thousand years "will he revive us". Jesus died and was resurrected A.D. 31 (31 + 2000 = 2031). Some day in 2031 is the first resurrection (Rev. 20:5); beginning of the thousand year reign. In the third day (after the 2000 years, we add the third day, which is the thousand year reign; total of three thousand years "he will raise us up"; raised the second resurrection for judgment day (Rev. 20:11-15); one thing for sure, it will be after the time that he was resurrected; perhaps that day (Mt. 27:53).

Jan 8, 2009
Prophecies aren't that precise, to 1 year numerical precision, that you can pick a date. Prophecy is firstly symbolic in nature, which is why they use whole numbers, 7, 70, 1000, and multiples of them. We know that, because historical events which have taken place already in fulfillment of prophecy have not been exactly the same amount of years as it says in the prophecy. I'll look up my book on Daniel after work and find out what the % difference is between the years in the prophecy and the actual years it took for the event to take place. From memory, over 1000 years of prophecy that could be an error of +/- 100-200 years in my opinion. So anywhere up to 2200 and beyond is possible.

M

moyadim

Its amazing the false information in the church. Day or hour are specific measures of time. So were month, year and week during the most ancient of times. Why was he so specific? Knoweth, the verb, is in present tense greek. Nobody at that time knew. Lets look at the same verb in the same tense from another verse in Matthew, 'All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man KNOWETH the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son WILL (future) reveal him." Matt. 11:27. Do you think He has revealed him to anybody since that time? The amount of Biblical evidence that some will know the time of his return is overwhelming. The Jews had an exact count from Daniel 9. Did he love them more than us? "Surely the Lord God will do nothing but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets" Amos 3:7
" But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief" In the light, you will know I Thess. 5:4
"If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee" Sounds to me that if your watching you will know. Why would he tell you to watch if you couldn't know? According to this if you don't know its His judgement. Have God's people EVER listened when His prophets speak? Jeremiah thrown in Prison, Zechariah killed, Isaiah sawn in half. Do you really think we are any different? When they do speak the first words out of most Christians mouths will be this lie about the "day or hour". You would think they would be open to the "week or month. Man, just the year would help to get your house in order. But since they have bought this lie they don't need to watch. Why watch if you can't know the time anyway? What laziness. Just go sit in a pew and listen to the guy making a bundle with an obvious motivation to keep you happy in your pew. I just joined this thing yesterday and already one of my posts was removed. I guess if moderators don't agree with your post they will remove it. I guess they've never read the first amendment. If it goes outside the theological box, well, welcome to religion.

Jan 8, 2009
The thing is Moyadim that every person who has claimed or said God told them when it would happen over the past hundreds of years have all been wrong. So I disagree with the idea that God has revealed any sort of exact time to anyone. Even if He has, He may not have given permission for them to tell anybody else. In any case, realising the inexact nature of biblical prophecy is one of the keys to understanding it.

C

Charles

2 Pe.3:16,"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which some things are hard to understand, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."
Seems everyone wishes to change scriptures to the way they want them to be? If your answers are right then we all need to rewrite the Words of God to our liking? Just like all these many new translations, what does Rev. 22:18-19 state? But of course, everyone thinks these verses pertain only to the book of Rev.? I stick to scrip. of the KJV. I have no need to change words to my own liking.

C

Charles

Its amazing the false information in the church. Day or hour are specific measures of time. So were month, year and week during the most ancient of times. Why was he so specific? Knoweth, the verb, is in present tense greek. Nobody at that time knew. Lets look at the same verb in the same tense from another verse in Matthew, 'All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man KNOWETH the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son WILL (future) reveal him." Matt. 11:27. Do you think He has revealed him to anybody since that time? The amount of Biblical evidence that some will know the time of his return is overwhelming. The Jews had an exact count from Daniel 9. Did he love them more than us? "Surely the Lord God will do nothing but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets" Amos 3:7
" But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief" In the light, you will know I Thess. 5:4
"If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee" Sounds to me that if your watching you will know. Why would he tell you to watch if you couldn't know? According to this if you don't know its His judgement. Have God's people EVER listened when His prophets speak? Jeremiah thrown in Prison, Zechariah killed, Isaiah sawn in half. Do you really think we are any different? When they do speak the first words out of most Christians mouths will be this lie about the "day or hour". You would think they would be open to the "week or month. Man, just the year would help to get your house in order. But since they have bought this lie they don't need to watch. Why watch if you can't know the time anyway? What laziness. Just go sit in a pew and listen to the guy making a bundle with an obvious motivation to keep you happy in your pew. I just joined this thing yesterday and already one of my posts was removed. I guess if moderators don't agree with your post they will remove it. I guess they've never read the first amendment. If it goes outside the theological box, well, welcome to religion.
As Paul stated if I was to please man I woudn't be a servant Of God (Gal. 1:10); like U say, "Welcome to religion"!!!! I write what I'm led to write regarless of the answers from "man". All the men of the T
ruth were pretty much not belived, after all, they killed the good ones! And, like U stated, Amos 3:7.
People refuse to belive that God will reveal to someone but not them! God gives wisdom to the godly.A prophet is not without honor except in his own hometown. Read 1Pe. chapter 2 if u will please, to much to write. Stay with it, always "watch". Take care and God bless U always and lead u into all wisdom.

Jan 8, 2009
That's right Charles Rev 20, 18:19 only applies to the prophecy in the book of revelations, as the verses plainly say.

Jan 8, 2009
Still Charles the fact remains that you are only one of thousands of people who add up a few numbers eg 31 + 2000 and get a date or year and think they are right. Then claim they've "heard from God". You aren't the first, probably won't be the last, but a good dose of Godly humility might lead you to believe that you could perhaps be wrong.

M

moyadim

"He may not have given permission for them to tell anybody else" Boy I agree with that completely. I think those that truly know will not be allowed to tell many if any. You will not find it on the internet, Christian TV, or any form of media. Jesus said, "Don't cast your pearls before swine' That type of information would definately qualify as pearls. He went on to say that they would tread them under their feet. That's exactly what would happen if this truth were posted on this board or on Tv etc. Such information is not for public consumption. The manna from heaven is only for those willing to pay the price to obtain it. Why do you think the 5 foolish virgins didn't have oil for their lamps? (Math. 25) Many think the oil is the Holy spirit but you can't buy the holy spirit. A man named Simon in Acts tried that and was rebuked big time. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet" the word is the lamp and you can't see it without the oil. The wise virgins told the foolish to go and buy for themselves. We don't understand this because in modern times we purchase everything with money. In Ancient times most things were a trade or barter. If you will pay the price with your time through fasting, prayer and extreme bible study outside of allowing some paid professional to spoon feed you then you may know. Average Christian just wants to be fed. The overwhelming emphasis of the bible is our relationship with the Holy Spirit as our guide, not man.

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
Mt. 24:36, But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
No one knows the day or hr. but the Father, but scripture does show an approximation (close estimate) of the time:
2 Pe. 3:8,"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
Now let's look at Hosea 6:2;
Hosea 6:2," After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."
"two days": After two thousand years "will he revive us". Jesus died and was resurrected A.D. 31 (31 + 2000 = 2031). Some day in 2031 is the first resurrection (Rev. 20:5); beginning of the thousand year reign. In the third day (after the 2000 years, we add the third day, which is the thousand year reign; total of three thousand years "he will raise us up"; raised the second resurrection for judgment day (Rev. 20:11-15); one thing for sure, it will be after the time that he was resurrected; perhaps that day (Mt. 27:53).

firstly I can agree with some you say ......mostly this
(
2 Pe. 3:8,"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.")

Now.........This is taken totally out of context ........this isnt even talking about the church nor believers.........only two believers, lets look at some references...........
we'll start with yours
where else is this mentioed in the bible?
Zec 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
Zec 4:12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zec 4:13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zec 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Rev 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

HMMMMM.......This aint refering to the church at all nor the time line of the end other than one point of it ...Its a good ear mark but nothing to get a timeline out of tho
Lets look at these guys or olive trees and see just who they are........
Rev 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
1Ki 17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Psa 105:26 He sent Moses his servant; and Aaron whom he had chosen.
Psa 105:27 They shewed his signs among them, and wonders in the land of Ham.
Psa 105:28 He sent darkness, and made it dark; and they rebelled not against his word.
Psa 105:29 He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish.

theres no possible way that the verse in hoseah 6:2 is any clue to a timeline
It is,however, a really kool study to look into.

S

Slepsog4

If you date the birth of Jesus at 3 or 4 BC and death at 29 or 30 AD plus 2k you get 2029 or 2030.

But if, as some do, you date the birth at 6 or 7 BC and death at 26 or 27 AD plus 2k you get 2026 or 2027.

Incidentally, I don't accept the notion that the world was intended to be 6k years as measured by the creation days.

NOTE: there is no year zero which would give 2 extra years

BC 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6........AD
BC 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6........AD

Status
Not open for further replies.