Hello everyone, 
There are 7 Letters to 7 Churches in Chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation. Let’s read them one by one and share any understanding that the Holy Spirit gives us.
I’ll create a thread for each letter to each church so we can discuss them separately.
Try to stay away from commentaries…just read the scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to open them to you and give you understanding…then share with all of us what you heard the Spirit saying….
Here is the 5th Letter to the angel/messenger of the church of Sardis:
Revelation 3:1-6
1 “And to the angel/messenger of the church in Sardis write,
Greeting:
‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars:
Evaluation:
“I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
Correction:
2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.
Instruction:
3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent.
Consequence:
Therefore, if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
Commends them:
4You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
Exhorts them to hear the Spirit and overcome:
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
6 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’
Looking forward to reading all your posts!

There are 7 Letters to 7 Churches in Chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation. Let’s read them one by one and share any understanding that the Holy Spirit gives us.
I’ll create a thread for each letter to each church so we can discuss them separately.
Try to stay away from commentaries…just read the scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to open them to you and give you understanding…then share with all of us what you heard the Spirit saying….
Here is the 5th Letter to the angel/messenger of the church of Sardis:
Revelation 3:1-6
1 “And to the angel/messenger of the church in Sardis write,
Greeting:
‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars:
Evaluation:
“I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
Correction:
2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.
Instruction:
3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent.
Consequence:
Therefore, if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.
Commends them:
4You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
Exhorts them to hear the Spirit and overcome:
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
6 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’
Looking forward to reading all your posts!