64 ad , Christian blood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

i chose this video because it’s short and also is a summary of what the ancient Roman and Jewish historians have consistently written.

In 64 ad somewhere in the realm of 15-20 years after Christ died and rose the burning of rome was blamed on the early church in rome and the surrounding areas. Which led to the slaughter of these believers.

When we realize what was happening during the time of the apostles and early church’s lives it makes sense of things like this

The apostle Paul’s final letter

“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: for Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.

At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:6-11, 16-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to realize what these men faced while they wrote some of the epistles from prisons and in hiding being scattered about , really makes you consider what The book of revelation has to say regarding the beast who was at that time and is foretold to rise up again against the church across the globe

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

i chose this video because it’s short and also is a summary of what the ancient Roman and Jewish historians have consistently written.

In 64 ad somewhere in the realm of 15-20 years after Christ died and rose the burning of rome was blamed on the early church in rome and the surrounding areas. Which led to the slaughter of these believers.

When we realize what was happening during the time of the apostles and early church’s lives it makes sense of things like this

The apostle Paul’s final letter

“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: for Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.

At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:6-11, 16-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to realize what these men faced while they wrote some of the epistles from prisons and in hiding being scattered about , really makes you consider what The book of revelation has to say regarding the beast who was at that time and is foretold to rise up again against the church across the globe
I found the secular view of Tacitus very telling. I'm told or read somewhere of a gathering that was held by leaders of the faith sometime in the 1st or 2nd century in which the participants all bore scars and deformities in their bodies due to persecution. We know so little of this today. Imagine how pure the church might be if we did.

L

Locoponydirtman

We should spend more time studying the martyrs

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I found the secular view of Tacitus very telling. I'm told or read somewhere of a gathering that was held by leaders of the faith sometime in the 1st or 2nd century in which the participants all bore scars and deformities in their bodies due to persecution. We know so little of this today. Imagine how pure the church might be if we did.
amen and also it would prepare us not to lose faith in whatever trials we face because we don’t belong to this wicked world

Years and years ago while over seas I came across a lot of early early historical writings which another young man had brought to share with others.

a they were accounts from Josephus , and many many other known and unknown historical scribes of secular and Jewish and Christian sources

a they were accounting’s of particular detailed accounts of what they went through for about 300 years under Romes fading dominion in the regions

this video highlights a couple others were thrown to wild animals for spectacle killed by gladiators strapped in to red hot iron chairs what they were answering to was whether they would renounce Christianity and embrace the Roman worship of many gods

almost every account made a note about how solid they stood in faith even as they knew what was coming there were new converts who forst betrayed others and the witnesses and early disciples and early church having seen and known it’s truth wouldn’t break

awhile families tossed to starved lions burned on crosses to light Nero’s garden during his “ circus “ and to light his gardens wrapped in animals skins and devoured by ravenous dogs hung on crosses and picked by birds limbs cut off one by one on and on

“All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:8-14‬ ‭

Its a not our world thing

“Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: and others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword:

they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (of whom the world was not worthy)

they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:35-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:13-14, 16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

They believed in the kingdom of God that isn’t of this short and fading life they had thier eyes to the lord above and his promises and even torment and death couldn’t break thier faith and now they all rest in glory in the presence of the lord forever hoping we join the wedding feast

“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭

air becomes so evident that hey truly believed this stuff truly more than they could see with thier eyes the tortures and sorrows they faced they looked into the kingdom waiting for us

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
amen and also it would prepare us not to lose faith in whatever trials we face because we don’t belong to this wicked world

Years and years ago while over seas I came across a lot of early early historical writings which another young man had brought to share with others.

a they were accounts from Josephus , and many many other known and unknown historical scribes of secular and Jewish and Christian sources

a they were accounting’s of particular detailed accounts of what they went through for about 300 years under Romes fading dominion in the regions

this video highlights a couple others were thrown to wild animals for spectacle killed by gladiators strapped in to red hot iron chairs what they were answering to was whether they would renounce Christianity and embrace the Roman worship of many gods

almost every account made a note about how solid they stood in faith even as they knew what was coming there were new converts who forst betrayed others and the witnesses and early disciples and early church having seen and known it’s truth wouldn’t break

awhile families tossed to starved lions burned on crosses to light Nero’s garden during his “ circus “ and to light his gardens wrapped in animals skins and devoured by ravenous dogs hung on crosses and picked by birds limbs cut off one by one on and on

“All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:8-14‬ ‭

Its a not our world thing

“Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: and others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword:

they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (of whom the world was not worthy)

they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:35-40‬ ‭KJV‬‬

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:13-14, 16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

They believed in the kingdom of God that isn’t of this short and fading life they had thier eyes to the lord above and his promises and even torment and death couldn’t break thier faith and now they all rest in glory in the presence of the lord forever hoping we join the wedding feast

“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-3‬ ‭

air becomes so evident that hey truly believed this stuff truly more than they could see with thier eyes the tortures and sorrows they faced they looked into the kingdom waiting for us
Well said.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
We should spend more time studying the martyrs
Yes there is little that will inspire a Christian believer more.

What suprises me is the current persecutions occurring in nations like North Korea , and India and China and most any Muslim majority nation even today beheadings , imprisonments , worked to death literally , loaned as slave labor to other nations

what some go through for thier faith today is an eye opening thing it’s hard to see the panoramic view sometimes this world is in bad shape for Christian’s whether morally or physically

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
"The Blood of The Martyrs Is The Seed of The Church."
- Tertullian

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
"The Blood of The Martyrs Is The Seed of The Church."
- Tertullian
yes I would say the word of jesus is the seed and the blood of Jesus is the life of that seed . And your quote there I actually think I understand and agree with as the shedding of their blood spread the gospel powerfully as believers gave thier own lives for the faith which was a powerful witness that is one of the reasons Christianity survived the early attempts of Satan to stamp it out of the earth

definately precious is each drop of their blood to the lord but his blood is the source of atonement and remission of our sins

“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:12‬ ‭

“Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then those of his body after he left earth continued in martyrdom

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
actually you can find a huge portion of this and much ,much more in John Foxes book of acts and monuments written in 1789. I have a copy, its quite large 8 volumes and 6,500 pages of history. Its where they get John Foxes book of martyrs from, but this is the complete history.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
actually you can find a huge portion of this and much ,much more in John Foxes book of acts and monuments written in 1789. I have a copy, its quite large 8 volumes and 6,500 pages of history. Its where they get John Foxes book of martyrs from, but this is the complete history.
Thanks for sharing that with me. I doubt I'm going to find time read that volume of literature any time soon. You didn't happen to get the Cliff Notes version by any chance?

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
Thanks for sharing that with me. I doubt I'm going to find time read that volume of literature any time soon. You didn't happen to get the Cliff Notes version by any chance?
actually no,its the whole thing,has table of contents. it is recorded by year. however that not how the table works ,so it can be hard to search it for certain individuals like Luther, Wycliffe or Tyndale ,but trust me theyre there, i hve spend quite a number of hours in it. what is in it is amazing, heart breaking, with great stories of faith, along with some of the most ghastly murders of the faithful

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
actually no,its the whole thing,has table of contents. it is recorded by year. however that not how the table works ,so it can be hard to search it for certain individuals like Luther, Wycliffe or Tyndale ,but trust me theyre there, i hve spend quite a number of hours in it. what is in it is amazing, heart breaking, with great stories of faith, along with some of the most ghastly murders of the faithful
Thanks for the follow-up. I was just goofing around.
Even Hebrews 11 speaks of some ghastly deaths. But they also serve as a reminder that we are engaged in a very real battle and hopefully will spur us on to greater resolve and devotion.