7 months pregnant and i think husband is cheating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tryingvm

Hello, this is my first time ever in one of these forums, but i feel i need to talk to someone. I have definitely been praying, but need some advice.

I am 7 months pregnant on bedrest, i have had a very difficult pregnancy. My past 3 pregnancies were miscarriages. The Lord answered our prayer and gave us this child. MY husband and i are both believers and prayed fervently for a child together. He has one child from another relationship and I have 2 children. Both my children, i had difficult pregnancies as well. My husband and I joined our familes together in marriage in 2008. We have had many trials since our marriage began, but this year, 2012 has been the most trials ever. My husband lost his, dog, she was a longtime faithful dog. My son, was sexually molested by another child a year older than him. My son is 11 years old and also has cerebral palsy, and ADHD. (this alone was enough stress in my pregnancy). My husband lost his aunt, who he loved very much.
And now, since the beginning of Feb 2012, my husband has been talking to and meeting a woman that lives here in the area. I found out, because i went to check the time on his cell phone, and she had text him. This was in the middle of the night, when i go to the my routine bathroom breaks. I scrolled thru the text messages, and was sick. They talked about meeting places, and he let her borrow money, and the talk was bordering on sexual. She sent pics of herself and her lips.
I woke him up and confronted him. He grabbed the phone and deleted all his text messages. He said he had a feeling i would find it. He said he didnt realize the teasing went so deep and he was sorry. He said what was started is finished and that he loves me very much. He said he was trying to witness to her and thought that God called him to give her the money to borrow. I am so angry. I have mostly cried, not sure how to tell him how i feel. Being that i am pregnant on bedrest, means no intimacy, which i just want to show him how much i love him. He has always told me he is different and that he would be faithful no matter what. I trusted him. I feel so unattractive and unwanted right now. I feel desserted and lonely and helpless. I checked his phone records today, he said he had not talked to her, and he lied. They spoke for 6 minutes on the phone, when he was supposed to be in a meeting. When he got out of the meeting, he said he was going for a drink with a male friend, and would be home after that. Was he with her the whole time?
He is frustated, because i cannot let it go. He wants to forget about...i cant. All these questions go thru my head, he said they did not get intimate at all. But then how come he keeps talking to her. They do business together too, which makes it even more difficult. I told him he needs to let his partner deal with the business side, and to cut off all communications. That is the best to do. I want to tell him, i know he lied, tonite, but i am afraid i will be very angry and yell at him. I have prayed, and i am asking God for guidance, i am so frustrated and know that i need to care for this baby inside me. It's tough when you have to force yourself to eat, because you are sick. I feel he hurt me at the most vulnerable time, and am i supposed to forgive, what if he continues, i think maybe he could be withholding stuff because i told him it would be over if he cheated on me. I love him sooo much and dont want our marriage to be over, and how would i begin to even be able to be on my own with a newborn baby?
I am desperate for some resolution, these are things that way too difficult to be patient for. I just want my life back the way it was. How can he read his bible and devotions every day and be active in church when he is being this way? He does not want me telling anyone, because he says he is ashamed. I dont want my family to know, because they have learned to look up to him and love him. God, please help me.................

A

AnandaHya

often times you have to display your trust in God and your husband that he will be strong and resist the temptation to sin.

I often think of women who would allow themselves to be involved with a man who is married as snakes. I can understand feeling attraction to another person but what happened to self control? Brotherly affections? I don't know there is more to life and relationships than sex.

I believe we as Christians should have a marriage that is centered around God first, supporting each other in our spiritual walks and raising our children next.

Your husband may be feeling like a failure and weak because he has fallen into the wrong mindset and allowed him to daydream or engage in conversation or thoughts he should not, but you have to build him up and remind him of his better nature. Remind him of God's love and forgive him his past if he is repentant and willing to try and overcome the barriers and obstacles he has enslaved himself to.

Lust is a horrible thing when it traps people into unpure thoughts that sin against God's commandments.

Matthew 5:28
But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

We are to tear down any stronghold that war against the knowledge of God.

Personally I would ask that we pray every morning and ask God to help us be the people we are suppose to be and resist the temptations of Satan and his minions. That God will strengthen your marriage and help you raise your children to walk in the ways of the Lord.

I'm sorry about your son. it breaks my heart to hear that people can be that cruel.

I'll keep your family in my prayers. May He guide and lead you and place in your heart the right words to provide strength for your husband to overcome the temptations that others may us to try and lure him away from God and his marriage and commitments.

D

dmdave17

Dear tryingvm,

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I pray that God will lend you His strength to help you through it. I read your post a couple of times. I would suggest that some of your current troubles are coming from inside you. If your husband is truly a believer, then you should assume that what he told you is the truth; that there is no sexual component to the relationship, until things prove otherwise.

If you truly want your husband to stay, and things to go back to where they were before you got pregnant, I believe that you should show him as much love and patience as you can. Pray for your marriage and take your frustrations out on God (He has big shoulders,; He can handle it.) but don't get into a confrontation with your husband. The Book of Proverbs tells us "Sin is not ended by multiplying words, but the prudent hold their tongues." (Proverbs 10:19) Also, "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." (proverbs 15:1) I believe that if you get into an argument with your husband, it will only serve to drive him further away.

I know this is not easy. I would encourage you to put it all in God's hands. Let Him worry about your husband's faithfulness. After all, he has promised to work out everything for our good (Romans 8:28) if we will just trust Him and leave it up to Him. If you must do something, try to talk reasonably with your husband. Explain how the situation makes you feel and ask him if he would please do things differently to relieve you of the burden of worry. If he is a believer, and you approach him rationally, he just might see where you are coming from and take steps to change his ways.

In any case, I wish you the best in your pregnancy. God bless you, your family, and your new child.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I agree with Ananda, you may not know it but He may be struggling in his walk with God or he may be looking for a way to get over somethings. Go to God in prayer and give Him your marriage and let Him take control over your marriage. Also talk to him as a true bestfriend and have fun with him, he may be looking for someone to understand Him or just have fun with. God bless

T

tryingvm

Thank you so much for your responses. Things did get a little heated last night, but i think we are working thru it. He said his touchscreen phone accidentally called her, and that it was like that during his meeting. I want to believe him, because i love him, that is what i told him. My first approach when we discussed this was sorrowful, hurt and calm. but i felt like i was betrayed again with that phone call. He promises nothing intimate happened. All your advice is exactly what i needed to hear, i thank God for christian believers, like you that i can share my deepest thoughts with. Thank you so much.