70 Weeks of Daniel Fulfilled, 27 - 34 AD.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

The Seventy Weeks of Daniel Already Fulfilled, 27 - 34 AD.

http:// daniels_70.html

God save us all from Dispensationalism and the pre tribulation rapturism heresy.
Christ, Thou prayest not that we should be taken out of the world, but that we should be kept from (protected against) the Evil One (man of sin/Antichrist)". (St. John 17:15). Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

zone

Jun 13, 2010
understanding Daniel 9's fulfillment is crucial to overcoming that last obstacle Mr. Scofield was so kind to give us.
thanks scotty.

S

Scotth1960

"NO EVIDENCE FOR A RAPTURE"

"Objections to a pre-tribulational rapture are certainly not unique to this writer. The

doctrine has been criticized since its inception in the early part of the nineteenth century.

As you consider some of the texts used to support the doctrine, ask yourself this question:

Is it self-evident that these texts teach a pre-tribulational rapture, that is, that the church

will be taken off the earth prior to a future great tribulation? The arguments used by

adherents of the pre-tribulational rapture position are complex, since no single verse

actually teaches the doctrine. The complexity of these arguments requires that we consider

the strongest texts in support of the position. It should be kept in mind that the entire

pre-tribulational scheme is based on a faulty interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27. The

dispensationalist maintains that the last seven years (the seventieth "week") is still

future and that the rapture will inaugurate the final week (seven years) of the seventy

weeks (490 years). This supposedly will give God the opportunity to deal exclusively

with Israel as a nation again."

(DeMar, Gary. (1999). Last Days Madness: Obsession of the Modern Church. Powder

Springs, GA: American Vision; page 215.).

God save us. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington July 4/17, 2011 AD

1still_waters

My partial preterist leanings love this post.

S

Scotth1960

[quote=1still_waters;494826]My partial preterist leanings love this post.[/quote]
Good! God bless you. Does "the Church of the Nazarene" have a doctrinal statement, a Confession of Faith, a "This We Believe", or "We Believe ..." statement, a book or statement of essential Nazarene Christian doctrines? Where can I read your church's confession of faith? Or does the Nazarene Church not have an official statement of faith? In Erie Scott

1still_waters

[quote=1still_waters;494826]My partial preterist leanings love this post.

Good! God bless you. Does "the Church of the Nazarene" have a doctrinal statement, a Confession of Faith, a "This We Believe", or "We Believe ..." statement, a book or statement of essential Nazarene Christian doctrines? Where can I read your church's confession of faith? Or does the Nazarene Church not have an official statement of faith? In Erie Scott
[/QUOTE]

Umm I don't know their stand on end time stuff. I am somewhat new to the denomination.

1still_waters

[quote=1still_waters;494826]My partial preterist leanings love this post.

[/QUOTE]

I just peeked at their doctrinal statement. They are futurist, but they seem vague on the details in their statement. That was going to be my guess, seeing they don't seem to get bogged down on stuff like this.

Like most of us, they believe he is coming back again. Beyond that I don't see much in their doctrinal statement.

S

Scotth1960

Good! God bless you. Does "the Church of the Nazarene" have a doctrinal statement, a Confession of Faith, a "This We Believe", or "We Believe ..." statement, a book or statement of essential Nazarene Christian doctrines? Where can I read your church's confession of faith? Or does the Nazarene Church not have an official statement of faith? In Erie Scott[/b]
Umm I don't know their stand on end time stuff. I am somewhat new to the denomination.[/quote]
I was kind of asking not about Nazarene view of end times and BIble prophecy, but their view on Christ, how many sacraments, Church teachings that set Nazarenes apart from non-Nazarenes. Like, what is the real difference between an Nazarene and a Methodist? I think they together are a part of the Wesleyan, Holiness, Methodist family of Protestant churches. Are they generally Arminian in their view of predestination, election, and human free will, if you know what Arminian means?

1still_waters

Umm I don't know their stand on end time stuff. I am somewhat new to the denomination.
I was kind of asking not about Nazarene view of end times and BIble prophecy, but their view on Christ, how many sacraments, Church teachings that set Nazarenes apart from non-Nazarenes. Like, what is the real difference between an Nazarene and a Methodist? I think they together are a part of the Wesleyan, Holiness, Methodist family of Protestant churches. Are they generally Arminian in their view of predestination, election, and human free will, if you know what Arminian means?[/QUOTE]

They practice baptism and communion for sacraments.

The distinctive that sets them apart is a doctrine called entire sanctification...I don't think I agree with that at this point of my walk with God...But ain't no perfect church out there and I really don't feel like being a spoiled sport christian who stays at home cuz no one agrees with him totally.

Yes they are part of the Wesleyan holiness tradition and yes they are non-Cavlinists. They are more Arminian.

S

Scotth1960

Dear friend, Pity my simplicity (simplemindedness). Charts don't prove anything.
The Gospel is so simple, it doesn't require a complicated chart.
If a chart is made by some scheme of men, it is likely to be false.
John Hagee makes lots of end time charts, and he is a confirmed, proven false prophet
who is anti-semitic and Zionist at the same times (two heresies related to the Jews: anti-semitism and Zionism). The Jews, and all people, need Jesus Christ. God bless you. In Erie PA

PS Forgive me if your chart is true. It's so small, I can't read it.

L

Laodicea

Dear friend, Pity my simplicity (simplemindedness). Charts don't prove anything.
The Gospel is so simple, it doesn't require a complicated chart.
If a chart is made by some scheme of men, it is likely to be false.
John Hagee makes lots of end time charts, and he is a confirmed, proven false prophet
who is anti-semitic and Zionist at the same times (two heresies related to the Jews: anti-semitism and Zionism). The Jews, and all people, need Jesus Christ. God bless you. In Erie PA

PS Forgive me if your chart is true. It's so small, I can't read it.
Daniel 9:26-27
(26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince (Israel) that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
(27) And he (Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he (Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Because of the sins of Israel Jerusalem was destroyed and they went into Babylonian captivity, and because Israel rejected Christ and His message the City was destroyed in 70 AD.

Jeremiah 38:19
(19) And Zedekiah the king said unto Jeremiah, I am afraid of the Jews that are fallen to the Chaldeans, lest they deliver me into their hand, and they mock me.
Jeremiah 38:23

(23) So they shall bring out all thy wives and thy children to the Chaldeans: and thou shalt not escape out of their hand, but shalt be taken by the hand of the king of Babylon: and thou shalt cause this city to be burned with fire.

[FONT=&quot]In verse 26, after Messiah was cut off, Jerusalem was destroyed. And in verse 27, Jerusalem was destroyed after the Prince caused the sacrifice and oblation to cease! The critical question at this juncture is, does the New Testament shed any light on how the destiny of the Messiah is linked to the fate of the second city and temple? The answer is a resounding yes![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of particular significance is the parable of Matthew 21:33-44 where Jesus reviewed the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]history of Israel in five stages:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage # 1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: God sent servants to Israel to gather fruit in harvest season but Israel rejected[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God’s messengers (verses 34-35).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage # 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: God then sent more servants and Israel did the same with them (verse 36).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage # [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3: God then sent them His own Son and they killed Him (verses 37-39).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage # 4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: The wicked men who killed the Son were destroyed (verse 41)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stage # 5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: The kingdom was taken from Israel and given to the Gentiles (verse 43; Acts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13:46-47).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These five stages of Israel’s history as described in Matthew 21:33-44 parallel very closely the same stages of Israel’s history as described in Daniel 9:[/FONT]

L

Laodicea

Matthew 18:21-22
(21) Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
(22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

7 x 70=490

Daniel 9:24
(24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

7 x 70=490