9 mornings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Today is start of the christmas tradition of the catholics called "Simbang gabi". They believe that if you finish 9 mornings of attending the early morning mass, your wish will come true. Another tradition that transforms God into a genie. As if God owes them anything after doing a sacrifice. Some of the young generation just make this tradition as an excuse to see their crush or have an early morning date.

I wonder if catholics from other countries practice this tradition.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Now I'm curious too.

I'd really like to hear some people comment on this.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Tinkerbell,
As far as i know, it's Filipinos who practice this even abroad.. There's a recent msg abt this from the bishop.

Manila Auxiliary Bishop Broderick Pabillo urges the faithful to honor God and to maintain the Filipino culture by attending “Misa de Gallo” or “Simbang Gabi (dawn Mass).”

Read more: Bishop urges faithful to maintain culture of ‘Simbang Gabi’ | Inquirer News
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

and another that says what it is about:
The traditional Simbang Gabi masses in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary begin Friday, Dec. 16, but advance “anticipated” masses will be held tonight in many parishes and chapels in the country.

‘Simbang Gabi’ pre-dawn rites set in churches all over PH; anticipated Masses begin tonight � Manila Bulletin News