'A certain man.' Why must we argue whether this is a man who really existed ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

First thing needing done is defining the word, 'certain.'

Certain = cer·tain /ˈsərtn

Adjective = Known for sure; established beyond doubt.

Pronoun = Some but not all: "certain of his works have been edited".

Synonyms = sure - positive - definite - secure - assured - confident pronoun. some.
============
Why must we not just believe Jesus was talking about people he met? Sometimes when Jesus told His disciples of a 'certain man,' it has to do with a certain story with a certain teaching, like the parable of the sower, speaking of different walks of life (people) hearing gospel and will grow from that seed differently.

Sometimes, the parable goes beyond what we want to hear, like Luke 19 that tells us of a pious, rich man and a poor, sick, man, Lazarus. The rich man on Earth one day sees the beggar, Lazarus, on the road, lying there, and about to die, and, the rich man just walks away. Rich man then dies and goes to hell and Abraham is on the other side of a 'great gulf,' that is hot and horrible conditions while other side is good, heavenly conditions. This parable is REAL, it's lesson is sooo clear.....

God speaks of seperation from Him in so mant contrasting examples in scripture, like, 'For the wages of sin is death , but free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus, and in everyone's fave, John 3:16. is most WELL KNOWN.....' For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.'

I could name a zillion more ok, not a zillion, but quite a few references that speak of a seperation by virtue of the fact that those that go to Heaven go to be with Christ and those who don't go to Heaven DO go to Hell and are, therefore, seperated from God, with this hot/perfect division of men (and women) made after our Judgment Day.

People, get the right idea, please, I urgeth of you, for as, feed's 'Signature' verse states in Truth from scripture, IF you are going to teach others of Christ and living His way of living, then, YOU WILL BE JUDGED harsher by God. So this tells us what? Don't teach wrongly !

So, be CERTAIN that what you are teaching others,, on c.c. and wherever you teach, IS Truth from Him speaking through you. , And, yes, IF we''re honest and sincere in our teachings to others but just not understanding scripture correctly and teaching it wrong God''s grace will cover us, and, where sin abounds, grace abounds more, scriptural states this Truth :) . But being a FALSE TEACHER is,not just sin it is GREAT SIN ! Don't be one, to the best of your ability, teach The word with His certain inspired words flowing from within you. Or, be very, very careful what you say, for the wages (this can include work
done falsely teaching others) is death.

So.....

A.certain man is referring to someone by Jesus as someone who was CERTAIN to have existed.
Don't misdefine God''s holy words in scripture, I am CERTAIN He will deal ever so harshly with you for doing that. Great scourging will come IF you are His 'sealed,' like, as I said, God''s gr

Grace abounds more than our sin and 'His mercies are new EVERY MORNING.' :)

The last-mentioned is CERTAINLY not a license to sin, of that I am CERTAIN, and, interprering my words THAT misconstrued, gospelly, naive way would be a grave mistake on your part with great consequence :(