A curious Question about Angels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
without the Holy Spirit how could have they decerned what was what? It was not until Jesus ascended to heaven when he sent the Holy Spirit to help us.., I am interested if you can find me something as to how they tested the spirits in the Old T. times

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
without the Holy Spirit how could have they decerned what was what? It was not until Jesus ascended to heaven when he sent the Holy Spirit to help us.., I am interested if you can find me something as to how they tested the spirits in the Old T. times
This seems to me a silly argument. I have encountered angels and there was no "testing" about it, and angel is an angel and it was as evident as a bear being a bear and a kitten being a kitten. If an angel was a class of angel called a teraphim taking on human form, the angel would be doing the Lord's work and if part of that work was for you to know then the Lord could manage that, if not then you would not need to know.

The angels I encountered did not have human form and I wasn't supposed to see them work.

God lives in different dimension than we do, our senses aren't made to penetrate that dimension. We know that based on that God is eternal and we don't have but a dim perception of what it would be like to not live with time. Angels are beings who are so different from us that we weren't created with the kind of senses that can fully understand. Scripture tells us of times that God opened up the senses of a human so he could see into the dimension angels live in. An example was when Elisha saw the army of angels on the hill.

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
This seems to me a silly argument. I have encountered angels and there was no "testing" about it, and angel is an angel and it was as evident as a bear being a bear and a kitten being a kitten. If an angel was a class of angel called a teraphim taking on human form, the angel would be doing the Lord's work and if part of that work was for you to know then the Lord could manage that, if not then you would not need to know.

The angels I encountered did not have human form and I wasn't supposed to see them work.

God lives in different dimension than we do, our senses aren't made to penetrate that dimension. We know that based on that God is eternal and we don't have but a dim perception of what it would be like to not live with time. Angels are beings who are so different from us that we weren't created with the kind of senses that can fully understand. Scripture tells us of times that God opened up the senses of a human so he could see into the dimension angels live in. An example was when Elisha saw the army of angels on the hill.
ookayy and you weren't suppose to see them...shame on you.

seasoned

Nov 26, 2018
I have seen angels but they didn't have wings they were men in black suits, the holy spirit just spoke to me that I was looking at an angel , strange? but it's true.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Sneaky way to call me a liar.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I have seen angels but they didn't have wings they were men in black suits, the holy spirit just spoke to me that I was looking at an angel , strange? but it's true.
I have also seen two men in black suits one in my lfet and one in my right and they walked maybe 100 meters along with me and suddenly I didn't see them anymore.I wonder to this day who they were and what their purpose was