A deeper closer look at who Jesus really was

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AtonedFor

“For I have not spoken on My own authority;
but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak
… Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.” (John 12:49-50)

It is interesting that the Word (the Logos) did not speak with His own authority.
IMO, one of the reasons for Jesus coming was to demonstrate how we are to live,
i.e. pray constantly, depend on the Father for direction, depend on the Holy Spirit’s power, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AtonedFor

The Bible also teaches man "chooses to sin". No one is forced to sin. I dont know if that's what you meant or not.
All humans are born with man's inherited sin nature. Would you like to see all of the verses?
This means all men are born into sin ... they MUST sin.
And I don't mean constantly, but much more than enough to condemn themselves.

Those who are born again have had the Holy Spirit placed INSIDE of them.
Just what was the Father's purpose for doing this?
It was so the born-again believer COULD be sanctified (which is a process), i.e. made into some resemblance of holiness.
Jesus said, "Be perfect like your Father in Heaven is perfect."
No one can succeed with this without "having" the Holy Spirit guiding them, chastising them, etc.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
Jesus as a man did not exisit till his birth but before his birth he was God I believe that before Christ's birth he was the same being as the Father not a different being of God

F

feedm3

All humans are born with man's inherited sin nature. Would you like to see all of the verses?
This means all men are born into sin ... they MUST sin.
And I don't mean constantly, but much more than enough to condemn themselves.

Yes, I would like to see them, then I will show you the correct interpretation of them, and your inconsisentcy. SO show them please.

There is not one passage that says nor implies sin is inherited, in fact the Bible says clearly it's not, and what exactly sin is, and who we sin.
It is not something we get but do, so I will wait for the passages you attempt to use, and show you, not that I think you will accept this, most I talk to who believe this, will not except it, even when logic and scripture is against their view. But hey show them anyway.

Those who are born again have had the Holy Spirit placed INSIDE of them.
Just what was the Father's purpose for doing this?
It was so the born-again believer COULD be sanctified (which is a process), i.e. made into some resemblance of holiness.
Jesus said, "Be perfect like your Father in Heaven is perfect."
No one can succeed with this without "having" the Holy Spirit guiding them, chastising them, etc.
The reason is called "reconciliation". When an infant is born, he/she is completely sin free, because he has not violated God's laws anywhere in his/her life. It is the closest thing to God on earth, and really it's evil to say that babies have sin. It is a sin in itself. Children are used as models for those who would desire heaven.

When a child grows to the age of accountability, sin comes, and he gives in (Rom 3:23) and thus is separted from God - ISA 59:1,2.

Yet through Christ, that person can be "reconciled", or "redeemed" by the blood of Christ. Redeem means to "buy back", showing we were all once with God, of course this was in our sinless time of innocence. This is my assertion, we are not born with sin, all choose to sin, all can be redeemed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AtonedFor

Hey, it's 1122 in the morning!

Jesus came to preach the gospel to the poor in many and various ways (including intelligence and education).
No one is required to know the stuff you're talking about, i.e. the possible meaning of "grace".
But "Mary, full of grace" just simply means that her heart attitude towards God REALLY had earned God's favor.
It doesn't even begin to touch on the fact that she was a sinner.
And, of course, there are many degrees of sinning (all the way from slight to heavy).

This is written for others, not for the spartacus.

A

AtonedFor

Okay thanks for the link, I read it and get back with you. Could be a little while though, it seems long but hopefully if I take the time to respond to it all, you will read it.
Okay, but let's do it in that thread ... it's way off topic here.