A discussion on Consciousness, Life, God, The Universe, Evolution and the Matrix

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rudimental

So I often talk with my friend on Whatsapp about life, creation, exploration, space, travelling, conspiracy theories, news, politics, music, God and religion. Though this guy is really quite clued up about a lot of things and sometimes will tell me about something I didn't even know about or some other thing that makes him one of the most dynamic creative people I've ever met in my life and I often think that God put him in my life for a reason and that's usually often the case with God as He always does things for a reason.

But the other day he sent me something that claimed to be the genuine 'Red pill' and I believe that what he sent me he got from somewhere else so he wouldn't mind me putting and quoting here for clarity. So you all know just what on earth it is I'm talking about!

This is simply too much to put into whatsapp on my mobile and I also wanted to share this with other people here who also might want to comment on things said here and offer their own insight and even answers to some of his questions. I'll quote what he sent me first with the following and then I've broken down some of his questions to me with my answers to them at that time.

Home Consciousness

Matrix Deprogramming and the Prohibition of Nature’s Red Pill

By Dylan Charles -

21/06/2016

Dylan Charles

Contributor, ZenGardner.com

Editor, Waking Times

“Remember. All I’m offering is the truth. Nothing Else.” – Morpheus, The Matrix

Are we merely sentient programs, bound from birth to death to the directives of our masters and the chains of the Matrix? Or are we multi-dimensional beings, continuously striving for deeper and deeper connection to spirit, whether conscious or not of this automatic effort? What tools have we been given to find the answers to these questions, and why are they prohibited?

Medicine for the Matrix

Full-spectrum dominance of our well-being is carried out by the joint efforts of government, corporations, social engineering programs, consumer training through marketing and peer pressure, the modern medical establishment, and the entertainment industrial complex.

The definition of ‘medicine’ has been co-opted in recent decades by the pharmaceutical paradigm which seeks to find only symptoms then sell us temporary masks for those symptoms… for insane profit. For the entirety of human history up to the present, medicine has been an integral part of human life, as important as air, food and water, and the purpose of healing has always been to drill straight down to the root of an issue and resolve it completely, once and for all.

A singular part of what has popularly become known as ‘the Matrix,’ the corporate/medical establishment has become the chief prison warden of the mind, body and spirit, whose role it is to incarcerate us in a state of degraded physical, mental, and spiritual health. This is the the slave master that keeps us in line when the symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression, sickness and despair, the results of our enslavement to the Matrix, become so overwhelming that we seek external help for survival.

READ: Ayahuasca and Iboga – Messengers of Truth from Mother Earth

For centuries, millennia even, human kind has depended on medicine in it’s natural, not chemical forms, and now a total shift towards dependence on prescription based medicine has re-trained us to shun the very cures which have the most potential to liberate us into health and happiness. There is no doubt that those self-tasked with permitting which remedies are available in our society have a vested interest in keeping us locked into this paradigm, for, a person who has knowledge of self and access to the medicines which most properly serve and honor our individuality is inescapably free.

“YOU’RE A GHOST, DRIVING A MEAT SKELETON MADE OF STARDUST ON A ROCK HURTLING THROUGH SPACE.” -UNKNOWN

Human beings have two inherent identities. Most familiar to us is the visceral human form that binds us to the material world in flesh and bone, acting as transport for mind and spirit in our journey from birth to death. The higher self, our soul, is the part of us which exists infinitely as cosmic consciousness, fueled by love, knowing everything at once and for all, existing in total freedom fromthe constraints of time and space.

“WE, AS HUMANS, LIVE SIMULTANEOUSLY IN 2 WORLDS. I WILL REFER TO THESE 2 WORLDS AS THE PHYSICAL WORLD AND THE SPIRIT WORLD. THESE 2 WORLDS EXIST SIMULTANEOUSLY AND BOTH WORLDS ARE WRAPPED AROUND AND THROUGH THE OTHER. TO UNDERSTAND LIFE, ONE MUST KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN BOTH WORLDS.

WE ARE ALL VERY FAMILIAR WITH THIS PHYSICAL WORLD. WE ARE AWARE OF IT THROUGH OUR 5 PHYSICAL SENSES: SIGHT, SOUND, TOUCH, TASTE AND SMELL. EVERYTHING WE PERCEIVE THROUGH THESE SENSES TELLS US ABOUT THE NATURE OF PHYSICAL WORLD.

BUT WE ALSO HAVE SENSES THAT ALLOW US TO KNOW THE NATURE OF THE SPIRIT WORLD SUCH AS INTUITION AND SPIRITUAL VISION SEEN THROUGH THE ‘THIRD EYE.’GENERALLY SPEAKING, MOST PEOPLE DON’T UNDERSTAND THESE SENSES OR HOW TO USE THEM TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE SPIRIT WORLD. IN MOST CULTURES OUTSIDE OF CENTRAL AFRICA, MOST PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO USE THESE SENSES. AS A RESULT, THE SENSES OF THE PHYSICAL WORLD BECOME DOMINANT AND ONLY UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS ARE THESE SPIRITUAL SENSES REALIZED.” – GARY COOK, IBOGA WELLNESS

The Matrix has as it’s primary objective the task of disconnecting us from the soul and the extreme aggrandizement of the material, so that we may be used as batteries and as automatons to fuel the lavish existences of our controllers. It achieves this through desensitization by overexposure to violence, hatred, fear, pollution and scarcity, while limiting deep connection to each other, to nature, and to the most humane experiences.

Acts of terror are amplified, echoed and repeated in the mainstream media, while the achievements of love and compassion are minimized, ridiculed and diminished in their meaning and significance.

We are prevented from realizing the depths of our enslavement by the limits placed on our spiritual discovery, rarely if ever able to even glimpse at the totality of the damage that has been inflicted upon the psyche by the continual bombardment of fear, conflict, war and nihilism. Our shock is weaponized and used against us, and we find little, if any, solace, in the corrupt and tired religious traditions of the modern world.

Pharmaceuticals, by design, dull the emotional being and narrow the range of human feeling.Alcohol is recommended and pimped in our culture to further numb the senses and amplify negativity. Food is denatured, devoid of nutrition, and poisoned to weaken the body and darkly color the mind.

As shining examples of success, those that do the most damage to the natural environment are held in great esteem as pioneers of capitalism, teaching us the false value of trading life for profit and encouraging disrespect for that which sustains us.

Our communities and infrastructure have been engineered to discourage human interaction because without an abundance of human contactwe are unable to fully grasp the true state of the human condition: despair. We only take notice of the outer appearances of our brothers and sisters, their consumer adornments and their extrinsic, soulless possessions, thus we predictably over-appreciate material accomplishments.

READ: 16 Signs That You’re a Slave to the Matrix

The rich human history of relation to spirit, and the triumphs of the heart are continuously erased and supplanted with memories of conquest and destruction, the worst of all human endeavors. All of this horror is pumped into the psyche without reprieve, deepening the abyss of our condition.

The Real ‘Red Pill’

“UNFORTUNATELY NO ONE CAN BE TOLD WHAT THE MATRIX IS. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF.” -MORPHEUS, THE MATRIX

There is a genuine ‘Red Pill‘ that reveals, confronts and combats the tyranny of the matrix and each of its attempts to debilitate the mind, body and spirit. It is called iboga, and it is prohibited by law in most western nations.

For perhaps thousands of years, the root bark of the rather unassuming jungle shrub, tabernanthe iboga has been consumed by indigenous rainforest cultures of ecuatorial Africa as a medicine and teacher for life. It’s usage is not complicated, however, it’s effect on the human being is simply indescribable with language, something that can only be understood through direct experience.

Under the guidance of a proper shaman, the bark from the plant’s roots is scraped, collected and ingested…

“…OPENING UP AN INTROSPECTIVE EXPERIENCE WHERE A CONNECTION IS MADE WITH AN OVER-SOUL ORCOSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS THAT ASSISTS THE MIND IN A DEEP EXAMINATION OF THE SELF FROM AN OBJECTIVE, OMNISCIENT AND TIMELESS PERSPECTIVE. IN THIS, A PROCESS OF SELF-REVELATION UNFOLDS WHICH UNRAVELS ONE’S PAST, OFFERING LIFE-CHANGING INSIGHTS AND LIBERATION FROM ACCUMULATED SELF-JUDGMENTS AND HARMFUL THOUGHT PATTERNS.

FOR 12-24 HOURS THE PATIENT LIES STILL, WITH BLINDFOLDED EYES, IN A BIZARRE DREAM-LIKE STATE WHERE THE BRAIN BEHAVES AS IF IN REM SLEEP, BUT, WHILE THE CONSCIOUS MIND REMAINS AWAKE, VERY ALERT AND ABLE TO INTERACT WITH AND DIRECT THE CONTENT OF THE MENTAL JOURNEY.

AS THE EXPERIENCE DEEPENS, THE BARRIER BETWEEN THE CONSCIOUS AND SUB-CONSCIOUS MIND SEEMS TO DISSOLVE, AND THE INFORMATION IN THE SUB-CONSCIENCE BECOMES AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AND REJECTION BY THE REFLECTIVE SELF. IN THIS, A LIFETIME’S WORTH OF LEARNED MENTAL PROCESSES, MEMORIES, EMOTIONAL IMPRESSIONS, FALSE JUDGMENTS AND PSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITIONING THAT COMBINE TO INFORM AND INSTRUCT THE SELF ARE PRESENTED TO THE PATIENT IN RAPID FIRE FASHION… A SORT OF HIGH VELOCITY BEHIND-THE-SCENES TOUR OF ONE’S PERSONALITY. A MULTI-DIMENSIONAL IMPRESSION OF ONE’S CHARACTER EMERGES, AND THEY ARE GIVEN AN INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY TO RE-ASSESS OR REJECT MISUNDERSTOOD FEELINGS, TRAUMATIC EVENTS, IMPLANTED SUGGESTIONS, NEGATIVE SELF-IMAGES, AND HABITUAL BEHAVIORS.” -DYLAN CHARLES, OPIATES, IBOGA AND THE ROOTS OF SELF-DESTRUCTION
My response to that was;
Well. I don't think we were ever meant to "experiment" with any type of drug. I think God made our brains to work perfectly as they should without the use of drugs and doesn't want us to use them to try and experience some different zen like level of consciousness. I don't think he even wants us to smoke weed in fact I'm pretty sure of that. But he knew we would and he gave us all things for our benefit. It's just that some people abuse it and it can lead to other things and that can destroy their life and their mind also. Simply because people don't know the full power that's in these things. And people have relied on medicine for millennia because they aren't relying on God for healing they've always turned to science for it. And some people think that God gives us the science that gives us the pills that make us well again. But that's just a cop out let's face it. God wants us to rely on him like a baby relies on its parent. He wants us to put our complete trust in him for everything from ingrowing toe nails to cancer. Everything. But we don't. Instead we turn to science and medicine which was created by a man or men with limited knowledge in a laboratory in a Petri dish. And sure, we have breakthroughs, we learn how to defeat some diseases, thank God for that. But at the end of the day it's all primitive and it's all temporary. God wants us to use faith to cure illnesses and diseases. He wants us to come to him for EVERYTHING no matter how small. He deeply cares and longs for and yearns to have a close relationship with all his people. Did you know that every hair on your head is numbered? Or that the thoughts of God for you are more than all the grains of sand on all the shores in all the world? It's true. But he doesn't force it on you. He wants people to choose him and loves us so much that he gives us the choice to love him back. But because of our wickedness, because of our sin, because we don't want the light to reveal our wrongs, many people choose to live in darkness because they have this wrong impression of who God is and what his nature is. And others just laugh like he doesn't exist as though all the stories in the bible are just made up fairy tales or something! Cor how did you get me saying all this!!
To which his response was first;

R

Rudimental

Continued..
They're not drugs, they're plants that "god" put on the earth for humans to learn to know God, people speak that they know God, but they don't they sin all day everyday, meet someone who has tried these plants I'm sure they will have a better understanding of God than most religious leaders who live in lavish wealth!
Which was followed up by a series of questions
Who is god,?who created god? Is god a man, a women or both, if we are made in gods image then are we god, we are all done of God, why and who created hell If we are all so loved? Wher did religion come from and why? Everyone has ther own version of God, why is ther one god when ther used to be many? Why were we created? For what purpose? Why do we think we humans are so special, we are just one tiny planet in one tiny galaxy in a huge universe, possibly many universes, but we think we are the only life, that is foolish ther is life everywhere, found in the harshest of environments, why do you believe what you believe, who taught you to believe that? A few questions to ponder on....
And now here are my answers to those questions. Because I really respect this guy and he asks some very good questions and makes some very good and true points and I don't know why normally I'd probably agree with him or we'd end up moving on and talking about something else because let's face it he's talking pretty straight and his questions and points that he makes are very reasonable questions and points that most people make! But I want him to know what I know and to see things how I see things. I'm not trying to "force" the way I see things on him and he understands this. It's up to him if he wants to see things differently but I'm only telling him how I see things at this moment in time.
"They're not drugs, they're plants that God put on the earth for humans to learn to know God.
God doesn't need to use plants for people to learn to know God. That's what the bible is for! It's Gods "love letter" to mankind telling them of the good news of God, about God and how to get back to God. Plants whether psychotic or not, and using/digesting them, are not going to get you any closer to God and wont let you learn anything about Him no matter how many plants you eat if you don't read and know the bible. That's just the way it is.
People speak that they know God, but they don't they sin all day everyday.
That is true! Very true indeed! In fact, that's true for everyone. Because we're ALL sinners. We're born into sin from birth since it was Eve that first sinned and we're all born of a sinner. And in fact, there are people that sin, and know they sin, but still know God. Or know more about Him and His nature and love but still fall into sin. That's what Jesus died for though! Not just your past sins that you've repented of and accepted that Jesus died to pay for those sins, but also for your future sins as well. The ones you've not yet committed. But again, that's what Jesus is for so that you can recognize that sin, see it as sin, agree that it's a sin against God and Heaven and then repent from it, be forgiven and then forget about it as God does and move on with your life knowing that Jesus was killed and died for those sins.

So sinning or not, doesn't mean that you don't know God. I know God. I know of God. I don't know what God is 100%. I only know what He's told me/us through His word (the bible). I believe "of" God, that He exists and He's very real. And I believe "in" God, in Him, the one that was sent and the one that sent Him. I believe that I should not sin. But yet I do sin. Everytime I break any law of any land I sin because all laws are setup by God in the first place anyway and no law or government exists or is in power without his say and hand in the matter anyway (See Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.) But even though I believe this and I know God, I still sin.

So why do I do that which I know to be wrong and not do those things which I know to be right? Why do people who clam to know God and truly do, still sin?

It's because we're fallen Bill. Our flesh (the body) is become corrupt. Because of that sin that Eve done in the garden of Eden. It all goes back to then! We were banished from the garden and we lost our welk with God, instead we are forced to now go it alone and the ground (the world) wont work with us anymore but will rather work against us (floods, earthquakes, drought etc). That's why things now have thorns in them but scientists can't work out why! That evil that took place on that day changed the world completely and the way we see it now is nowhere near how we'd have seen it before if that never happened.

But because of that sin, our flesh has become corrupt and in conflict with its creator and is master of our life while we're yet in this fallen body. While we're in this body, we are dominated and mastered by sin and that is why some people do such bad things like murder, rape and all sorts of unspeakable despicable things some that are an abomination to God.

John hit the nail on the head when he was writing to the church while in prison awaiting beheading when he said in Romans 7:15-24 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

And there is a very famous verse by him previously in 1 John 1:8 that says "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." So we have to admit that we DO sin even though we do believe in God and if we pretend we don't and that we're not sinful we are deceiving ourselves because the truth is, we're all born sinners since that fateful day in the garden of Eden.
Meet someone who has tried these plants. I'm sure they will have a better understanding of God than most religious leaders who live lavish lives!
I agree with you that humble meek people do indeed often have a better understanding of God than most of the worlds religious leaders who are corrupted by their money and power and are blinded by the real enemy. Unfortunately nobody who doesn't read and know the bible can have a better understanding of God no matter how many root scrapings they digest, and all religious leaders are heading to an eternity of seperation from God AKA Hell. Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. That is either a lie or it's the truth, the full truth and nothing but the truth. That one line seperates Jesus from religion. No where does it say in the bible anywhere that man should experiment with different herbs to get to know and understand God better. In fact, let's be honest about it, in virtually every case where mankind has abused some natural substance like that it has been detrimental to his health in someway whether mentally, physically or both.

It does say in Genesis "I have given you every herb bearing seed in the field to make good use of" in the bible (Genesis 1:29). But it also says "They will be yours for food.". And it does say "Everything is permissible,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible,” but not everything is edifying." Meaning that God has given us all things for our benefit and to enjoy and experience but if we use something too much it can be bad for us and not beneficial in the long run. Sure it's probably a nice experience, hey chewing some fresh mint is a nice experience, eating a magic mushroom can be a fun experience, but it wont get you any closer to God or tell you any more about him than sitting down in your "right mind" and actually reading the bible.

But yes people have been taking these extracts and substances and things for thousands of years. But that doesn't mean that it's been right or the will of God. That's probably more something with the enemy trying to poison the mind of man with some powerful substance that seems good at first but then leads to serious health implications. Kinda like how meth works.

Any sensible Christian with an ounce of common sense knows this and that the body is a temple and our minds are perfectly built to know God and obey Him already without needing to digest any substances to help us. That's just the way it is. I used to take them myself and I used to feel closer to God, you just feel complete and loose all your worries and most of the time your inhibitions too! And sure, I ain't going to lie, I feel closer to God for the experience too. It opened my mind to ways of thinking that I wouldn't even knew I could have before it. It gave me more confidence in a person but it also got me into trouble with the law and done time for it. 6 months on a 23 hour lockdown HMYOI. But it was going through all that which made me realize and I give thanks to God for bringing me through it despite it all.

But I really don't think that these ancient tribes who have never read the bible are really going to have a better understanding of God than your bog standard Christian or Christian leader or anyone that reads and studies it. But hey I've never tried it so really everything I say could be moot but I'm probably right.
Who is God? Who created God?
God is God. The creator of the universe and everything in it including time, light and matter. God wasn't created by anyone or anything. There was never a beginning with God. To people everything must have a start and an end. That's how we understand things. But God isn't confined by our own understanding. And God never had a beginning. He just was, and is, always has been and always will be. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is a circle. And as anyone knows, circles have no beginning and no end. It's hard for us to understand that about God. But he has said "Lean not on thine own understanding".
Is God a man or a woman?
No. Man and women are two different genders. God is not a gender. He is neither man or woman. But He is both man and woman. God is not a human though that is either man or woman. God is spirit and light. And by spirit I don't mean some ghostly orb but I mean the kind of spirit like the spirit that mankind has. The spirit of life. The spirit of truth. The spirit of righteousness and the spirit of love.
If we are made in Gods image then are we God?
No, we are us, God is God, but God is in all things including us then God is in us. Being made in His image doesn't make us God but it does make us "Godlike". Because we was made in His holy image, we are like unto God but only in the way God has made us and that doesn't mean physically in the way we look! God is omnipresent though and inside every atom, so since we're made of atoms, you could say we are God in that sense. But we're not God. God is God. We are of God.

This guy hits the nail bang square on the head;
All our lives we've heard that we're "made in the image of God." It's a nice thought, and probably one we've clung to when we need a reminder of our own value. But have you ever stopped to think about what it really means? "Made in the image of God" is an audacious claim—and one that probably carries some responsibility with it. We all know we are not gods—though if we're honest, we know we often think we are the god of our own lives, even if we'd never admit it. The truth is, you are not God. But you are godlike.

Our confusion about whether or not we are God arises from our godlikeness. It's described in the first chapter of the Bible. Genesis 1:26-27 reveals, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness' ... So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

To be fully human is to fully reflect God's creative, spiritual, intelligent, communicative, relational, moral and purposeful capacities.

So, what does it mean to be created in God's image? The Hebrew root of the Latin phrase for image of God—imago Dei—means image, shadow or likeness of God. You are a snapshot or facsimile of God. At the very least this means humans occupy a higher place in the created order because we alone are imprinted with godlike characteristics. Your godlikeness is the path to your greatest fulfilment. You will feel the greatest pleasure and wholeness when who God made you to be is fully developed and expressed.

Your godlikeness can also be a pitfall, because in our hubris we often confuse being like God with being God. Mystery writer Nevada Barr learned this after returning to faith from her long sojourn on the wild side, and concluded: "It was a number of years of crashing and burning before I made the discovery that I was not God. Finally I realized that though I was not God, I was of God."

Read more at What 'Made in the Image of God' Really Means | RELEVANT Magazine

R

Rudimental

Continued..
Why and who created hell if we are all so loved?
That's a good question! Why is there so much evil and suffering in the world? Why doesn't God just put an end to it all right now? Why do babies get born with deformities? Why do people shoot up schools with AK47's? Why do we bomb other countries? If God is "good" and God is righteous, why is there so much pain and suffering in the world? Well,. it's because God is so loving that there is suffering. Huh? That doesn't make sense! What you have to realize is that God loves us so much that He has a plan in place. That plan is Jesus and He carried out His plan perfectly. We can't see and understand the full picture right now and are to trust in Him as a child trusts in his or her parent to know better.

Imagine a parent who has told their kid not to play with the fire else you'll get burned. Now no parent wants their child to get burned, but sometimes, you might just let them get close enough to get hot, get a little burned so they can learn that doing so is not good for them. That's sort of how it is now, He allows these things to happen for a reason. We can't see the full picture right now but the fact that there is so much suffering in the world shows that Gods love is perfect. I know that's hard to understand but again it comes down to trust. Trusting that God knows better and has a plan in place. And all His plans succeed. Nothing that comes from the mouth of God ever returns empty handed.

As for hell, that was created during Satan's fall from Heaven. It's a very real place and has a lake of fire that never goes out. And many people will end up there. Not all the bad people in life. Only the ones that rejected Jesus as their personal lord and savoir. Oh yes, in Heaven there will be people who used to be very sick on this earth during their time. Because those people confessed their sins and accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. While there will also be good people in hell too. Huh? How can that be if they were good people? Unfortunately being good doesn't save you. It's your faith that saves you! Because as it is written "It is impossible to please God without faith". So even though they were good people on earth, they refused to believe the truth and refused to accept Jesus as the truth and instead relied on science and religion to save their souls in eternity.
Where did religion come from and why?
Religion is a man made thing. People have put together religions from their own believes and so called "visions". But Jesus said "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." That is either the truth or its a lie. And whether you believe that or not is between you and God. But remember, all religions say "you must be good to go to Heaven". Christianity says "Believing in Him (Jesus) is the only way to get to Heaven (regardless to whether you're a good person or not right now)".

And remember it says, for it is for man to live once and then die and then face judgement for all the good and the bad things he done in his life. Everyone knows you're judged after death and those that done good will be rewarded for it. Those that done bad wont be but will be saved from eternal punishment (separation) from God still though.
Everyone has their own version of God. Why is there one God when there used to be many?
Because it was only 2000+ years ago that Jesus (God) came to earth as a man to save mankind from his sin (separation from God). But before that, right back in the ancient times, they used to think that there was many Gods. Examples, Aphrodite the Goddess of beauty, love, desire, and pleasure. Apollo the God of music, arts, knowledge, healing, plague, prophecy, poetry, manly beauty etc. Eros The god of love and attraction. Ares the God of war, bloodshed, and violence. Or Zeus the King of the gods, ruler of Mount Olympus, and god of the sky, weather, thunder, lightning, law, order, and justice. They were ancient Gods created by man over the ages in their naivety. Just like they used to think that the world was flat or that the earth was at the center of the Galaxy. It was only later when science proved the earth wasn't flat and that it span around the sun not the sun around the earth and that nature wasn't controlled by Gods but was just rather nature itself and the bible came together after several thousand years that people have come to know there is only one God.
Where were were created? For what purpose?
Well we were created to experience and enjoy the love of God. But that is also the mystery of life! Nobody knows the full reason other than that. To know that would be to know the mind of God and that is mankind's ultimate quest! But on the face of it, we could say that we were created by Him for Him (God). For His pleasure as well as our own. And unlike other Gods beings (angels) we have freewill which makes us very unique unlike any other of Gods creations. That's why there was war in Heaven. You see Lucifer was the most beautiful of all of Gods angels. He was the most intelligent too. He was the chief musician did you know that? That's why he's so good at using music to distract people and blind them from the truth. But after God made man, He esteemed them a little higher than the angels because of this freewill He gave us, Lucifer didn't like that and pride was found in him and he wanted to usurp the throne of God and take over as God. Obviously God can't have that and so there was a big war in heaven and 1/3 of the angels were kicked out of heaven as fast as a bolt of lightening! That's why it says in Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. That's Jesus talking about literally seeing Satan get kicked out of heaven. Now Satan's only goal is to steal, kill and destroy, and he literally walks around the earth like a hungry lion looking for someone to devour. And going backwards and forwards to the gates of heaven and asking for Gods permission to do certain things. You see he only has so much power here to do certain things but one day he will have full power again but that will be when the anti Christ is revealed and I'm not sure we'll see that in our lifetime as a new temple needs to be built in Jerusalem yet to fulfil prophecy which will come true just like all biblical prophecy has. But what are they doing in Jerusalem? Bombing it all the time. There's a long way to go yet before peace comes to that land and the new temple gets built but we can see all of the hallmarks of these things happening and taking place right now.
Why do we think are so special we are just one tiny planet in one tiny galaxy in a huge universe possible many universes but we think we are the only life that is foolish there is life everywhere found in the harshest of environments.
Well some people do. :) And the universe has to be a single universe that's what makes it universal. I don't believe in the infinite universes theory. I think there's one universe and it's infinite in size and that the fact that it's infinite means that there doesn't need to be any more than one universal universe. I agree that life can survive in the toughest of environments, but only if something first designed it to. Such as how God gave the cheetah fast legs to catch its prey and how He gave owls good eye sight to hunt at night. Without these things, they wouldn't be able to survive. But we know that life needs three important things to evolve or survive. Water, oxygen and the right temperature. Too cold and everything freezes to a halt. Too hot and it all just burns up. And without water, nothing can survive. Water is a coagulant and helps things to move. And without oxygen (air) nothing can live either. It needs light, air, moisture and warmth to grow and survive. So any planet out there that doesn't mean these settings like earth probably couldn't evolve or survive. On top of that, the conditions have to be stable as well. In the early days of the earth, conditions were not stable, it would go from ice age to too hot again too many times and life couldn't get a foothold (so they say) and that it was only when conditions stabled for long enough that life could start evolving without being wiped out and having to start all over again (or so they say). So it would be indeed be foolish or naive perhaps to assume that there are no other earth like planets out there with the conditions just right like ours to support the evolution and growth of life.

I often think that if evolution is true then it will always happen given enough time of the conditions being right and stable enough for a long enough time. A few million years until you see simple single celled organizes at least that have come about after some certain chemicals all came into contact with a bunch of other chemicals to the point that there's this big primordial soup and out of that soup the first single celled organisms evolve into millions of difference species of animals, mammals, birds, fish, creatures and all manner of beast until eventually, mankind forged his way from monkey to man. And so that any planet, no matter where it was in the universe would always do the same thing and make the same type of animals and eventually people would come about from it the same as well. I don't hold belief that there are other "beings" out there from an evolution point of view. But I don't believe that we evolved either and scientists can't fill in all the gaps with that story. Darwin's origin of species can't fill the missing gaps either with his theory that we came from monkeys eventually. In the end, on his deathbed, Darwin renounced his theory and accepted God instead because he saw all the order and complexity in life more than anyone else did at his time.

However God does not say in His word that there are no other earth like planets. He only tells us our genesis and that we are his offspring. And it may be that there are other planets with other beings on them of some sort that God has created but I don't personally believe they are anything like us as we are the most intelligent of all His creations. I know that's hard to believe when some people really don't show it. But I don't believe in evolution theory either because of all the missing gaps and evidence of creation. It says in Psalm 19:1 The heavens tell the glory of God; And their expanse declares the work of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
Why do you believe what you believe, who taught you to believe that?
Well I was actually brought up in a Christian home or at least, we'd attend and hold Christian fellowships which looking back now were near the best days of my life. Except I was a rebellious teen and let the world and all its lights blind me and I went off the rails and forgot about what I had learned and what it even meant to me and my life. I've never stopped believing in God and God has never stopped believing in me either! I'm a lot older and wiser now and I've learned from what I've seen with my own 2 eyes all the order and complexity in this life and the way the universe works that it can only be created by an infinite all powerful God that has infinite wisdom.

You might also like to read.. Is God real?
This site has dedicated a page to evidence of God's existence and everything it says is correct and verifiable.
Check out Does God Exist - Six Reasons to Believe that God is Really There - Is There a God to see just some of the reason WHY I believe God to be real.

Also another way of looking at it. If I put a ball under one of 2 cups and never moved the cup and asked you which cup the ball was under you would believe it was under the one that you saw me put it under right? And if you didn't see which cup I put the ball under, but some very good person told you which cup the ball was under told you so, you'd probably believe him right? After all, he's a good person and doesn't lie. That's sort of how it is with faith. I can't be sure which cup the ball is under because I never saw it. But I can probably rely on this guy who tells me because after all, he's a good person, in fact, he took on the full weight of all the worlds sin just so that I could live in Heaven with him for eternity. That's sort of how it is now and why I believe.
A few questions to ponder on....
And a few answers for you to ponder on too my good friend! :D

So yeah, I wanted to put this here so that I could show him it and my answers to his questions but also because I wanted other people to answer these questions as well in your own way. So if you have anything to say about anything said here or want to answer some of the questions he asked me or even pull me up on any of my answers, please please do go ahead and do so!

Thanks and God bless.

Last edited:

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Unfortunately nobody who doesn't read and know the bible can have a better understanding of God no matter how many root scrapings they digest
I have heard of drugs being used for "spiritual" purposes before. And if we are only familiar with our physical bodies and don't know what our spirit is or what exactly God is made of (because he is spirit), then I would imagine nobody knows what the spirit is, much less how to become more aware of it by taking substances that would alter a rational mind's perception of reality. A human mind is perfectly capable of a logical analysis of things when unbiased and well-educated. Ingesting mind-altering substances (no matter how you define them), is not going to help you arrive at a more logical conclusion of who God is or who "the gods" are.

As far as I can remember there is no prohibition in the Bible against mind-altering (or thought-altering, or synesthesia-inducing) substances. There is actually one passage that talks about giving alcohol to those who are perishing as a sort of comfort (Proverbs 31:6). But in the New Testament there is a warning to Christians that we should not become drunk. I think it's often in our best interest to be in complete control of our faculties and make rational choices. If we are searching for truth, then logic is the vehicle that will get us there.

If we are searching for an escape from our anguish, however, then alcohol and drugs would initially help. But I wouldn't recommend either unless you were undergoing a painful surgery or literally about to be thrown to the dogs. That aside, I do believe the spiritual manifests itself. And I believe I have witnessed it before, but only on one occasion in 30 years and when in full control of my mind.