A dollar here, a $ there, don't you think your giving to c.c. will do you any good?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Store up your treasures in Heaven where moth and rust can't destroy.

~~~

Such a simple verse isn't it?
So why do you hoard your belongings on Earth?
Why do we?

God wants your money !
Not.

Ha! God needs your money like He needs more people to say 'Oh my God' in normal everyday conversations that have nothing to do with Him.

God don't need your money. Why you tithe, why you give to charities, why you help out ministries like christian chat which you spend more time on than Comcast On Demand (and that's a good, blessed thing to do, that is, to be on HERE), why you give a buck or two to the man/lady on the street corner holding the sign, 'My family is leaving me. I have no job, no savings. Please help! ' is why?

Why?

Why do you do it?
Maybe better question is, why do you feel led from God to give tithe, to give to charities, to give to c.c., etc.?

Answer: God wants your HEART . God wants to becable to GIVE you the world (of blessings) he knew would be there for you since the day you were born :) Read Psalms 139, if you don' t believe that fact. And , scripture is FACT, it's not me speaking, hey, it's not even Moses or Paul or Jeremiah or whoever wrote a given book of the bible. Who is speaking, really speaking is God.

Oh my, God has ALWAYS without fail freed me from something extra tough by giving me help when I pray to Him. He has unshackled me from my sins, again and again and again and...

So why not give back to God in a little way on c.c. IF God has given you something through c.c.
And, you don't have to give a Lo, just give what the Lord puts on your heart. He knows the amount, just don't cheat God, for if you do, like Cain did-don't give God a fair sacrifice as brother Abel gave choice calf while Cain gave FRUIT, YOU will have sin crouching at your door.

And, those above, last five-words are not me speaking, again , it is God, straight from Genesis scripture.

----()----
Ok, so, that's all said, and, I'm not saying give or get off c.c., no, no, no. But think about where you are storing your treasure on Earth and where you arecspending your time as buying things is one way to spend time and at the same time be getting treasure for yourself and...so is time spent on c.c. worthy of being your TREASURE if you spend a lot of time on here.

The Lord leads and I love you guys all on here , you are my brothers and sisters (in Christ). So I felt led from my heart to do this thread, I wish you all a wonderful day with all your prayers answered and all of your dreams to cone true in the future...in His timing :).

Peace from our Lord Jesus Christ and Saviour, amen

N

Nalu

Store up your treasures in Heaven where moth and rust can't destroy.

~~~

Such a simple verse isn't it?
So why do you hoard your belongings on Earth?
Why do we?

God wants your money !
Not.

Ha! God needs your money like He needs more people to say 'Oh my God' in normal everyday conversations that have nothing to do with Him.

God don't need your money. Why you tithe, why you give to charities, why you help out ministries like christian chat which you spend more time on than Comcast On Demand (and that's a good, blessed thing to do, that is, to be on HERE), why you give a buck or two to the man/lady on the street corner holding the sign, 'My family is leaving me. I have no job, no savings. Please help! ' is why?

Why?

Why do you do it?
Maybe better question is, why do you feel led from God to give tithe, to give to charities, to give to c.c., etc.?

Answer: God wants your HEART . God wants to becable to GIVE you the world (of blessings) he knew would be there for you since the day you were born :) Read Psalms 139, if you don' t believe that fact. And , scripture is FACT, it's not me speaking, hey, it's not even Moses or Paul or Jeremiah or whoever wrote a given book of the bible. Who is speaking, really speaking is God.

Oh my, God has ALWAYS without fail freed me from something extra tough by giving me help when I pray to Him. He has unshackled me from my sins, again and again and again and...

So why not give back to God in a little way on c.c. IF God has given you something through c.c.
And, you don't have to give a Lo, just give what the Lord puts on your heart. He knows the amount, just don't cheat God, for if you do, like Cain did-don't give God a fair sacrifice as brother Abel gave choice calf while Cain gave FRUIT, YOU will have sin crouching at your door.

And, those above, last five-words are not me speaking, again , it is God, straight from Genesis scripture.

----()----
Ok, so, that's all said, and, I'm not saying give or get off c.c., no, no, no. But think about where you are storing your treasure on Earth and where you arecspending your time as buying things is one way to spend time and at the same time be getting treasure for yourself and...so is time spent on c.c. worthy of being your TREASURE if you spend a lot of time on here.

The Lord leads and I love you guys all on here , you are my brothers and sisters (in Christ). So I felt led from my heart to do this thread, I wish you all a wonderful day with all your prayers answered and all of your dreams to cone true in the future...in His timing :).

Peace from our Lord Jesus Christ and Saviour, amen
Christian Chat.com is an international Gospel outreach.

This website is a huge blessing to me, this fellowship is open 7 days a week 24 hours a day, a place where I can come and meet with believers world wide.

I have, and continue to meet wonderful people here, if you can support this humble place, I pray that you do. Thank you and God bless.........Nalu

G

GreenNnice

Christian Chat.com is an international Gospel outreach.

This website is a huge blessing to me, this fellowship is open 7 days a week 24 hours a day, a place where I can come and meet with believers world wide.

I have, and continue to meet wonderful people here, if you can support this humble place, I pray that you do. Thank you and God bless.........Nalu
--------;--------

GOD BLESS, NalYOU :)

G

GreenNnice

God bless you friend.
---
Yes, Nalu, it is not easy for me to get on my fellow christian brothers and sisters like this, but when I see c.c. not accepting ANY outside advertising (and they could easily, I bet traffic to this site EACH WEEK is not in the THOUSANDS, it's in the HUNDRED THOUSANDS!! ) and wanting a small amount of money, the MINIMUM (not maximum, mind you) is $3,000 to run the servers, electricity of THIS website, and when I see an amount given so far of $1296 for this August month and it is already the 29th of the month, speaking of yesterday, I.feel.led by Christ to write this , to ask , and hope people gave just...

Just gave a $, for those with no income, or, more for those with more income, it would all add up....

to blessing all those that gave this month. I KNOW, beyond doubt, that when I give to Kingdom things, and, FYI, christian chat is DEFINITELY a 'Kingdom thing,' that giving ALWAYS comes back to me with much (not necessarily wealth) in return. :)

------
God bless you, Nalu, you are being supportive of me here , have a great God day !

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nalu

---
Yes, Nalu, it is not easy for me to get on my fellow christian brothers and sisters like this, but when I see c.c. not accepting ANY outside advertising (and they could easily, I bet traffic to this site EACH WEEK is not in the THOUSANDS, it's in the HUNDRED THOUSANDS!! ) and wanting a small amount of money, the MINIMUM (not maximum, mind you) is $3,000 to run the servers, electricity of THIS website, and when I see an amount given so far of $1296 for this August month and it is already the 29th of the month, speaking of yesterday, I.feel.led by Christ to write this , to ask , and hope people gave just...

Just gave a $, for those with no income, or, more for those with more income, it would all add up....

to blessing all those that gave this month. I KNOW, beyond doubt, that when I give to Kingdom things, and, FYI, christian chat is DEFINITELY a 'Kingdom thing,' that giving ALWAYS comes back to me with much (not necessarily wealth) in return. :)

------
God bless you, Nalu, you are being supportive of me here , have a great God day !
In order to run this site cost's money.

Here are a few things i would like to share.

1) 24 hour a day, 7 day a week site manning. To run and maintain this site is a full time job, primary site employee's are vital to ensure smooth day to day operations.

2) Building rental and utilities.

3) Computer rental's

4) Technical support

5) Server fee

I am sure there are additional expenses that I am not aware of.

The entire time that I have been a member here, I don't believe the minimum operating cost to run this site has ever been met. This results in a financial strain.

I do know that this site provides a wonderful vehicle to further the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A place where fellow believer's can congregate. We have a world wide Gospel outreach.

For people that are unable to attend Church services in their local area due to illness or disability come here almost exclusively.

What everyone is being given the chance to do, is have a direct impact on people accepting Jesus as their Savior and strengthening their Christian walk.

People are given the chance, my question is very plain, will people take it?

G

GreenNnice

In order to run this site cost's money.

Here are a few things i would like to share.

1) 24 hour a day, 7 day a week site manning. To run and maintain this site is a full time job, primary site employee's are vital to ensure smooth day to day operations.

2) Building rental and utilities.

3) Computer rental's

4) Technical support

5) Server fee

I am sure there are additional expenses that I am not aware of.

The entire time that I have been a member here, I don't believe the minimum operating cost to run this site has ever been met. This results in a financial strain.

I do know that this site provides a wonderful vehicle to further the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A place where fellow believer's can congregate. We have a world wide Gospel outreach.

For people that are unable to attend Church services in their local area due to illness or disability come here almost exclusively.

What everyone is being given the chance to do, is have a direct impact on people accepting Jesus as their Savior and strengthening their Christian walk.

People are given the chance, my question is very plain, will people take it?
-------------?-------------

:)

---
Yes, the topic of money and giving is VERY complex and so many HATE to hear pastors ask for money in church, they actually don't hate it, they abhor it , so much so....they don't go to church. :(

---
I just hope and pray that I plant seeds. I know God does the rest, and, in this case it's not seeds to get sinners saved but to get Christians to give to a ministry that does so much for you and me.

Good words, nalu, I hope your dawns are especially good and blessed looking as you sip your morning coffee. :)

N

Nalu

-------------?-------------

:)

---
Yes, the topic of money and giving is VERY complex and so many HATE to hear pastors ask for money in church, they actually don't hate it, they abhor it , so much so....they don't go to church. :(

---
I just hope and pray that I plant seeds. I know God does the rest, and, in this case it's not seeds to get sinners saved but to get Christians to give to a ministry that does so much for you and me.

Good words, nalu, I hope your dawns are especially good and blessed looking as you sip your morning coffee. :)
I pray blessing's upon you and your'e family.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
I notice only two people have been talking in this thread. Not a very popular subject. :)

I have two problems: I'm on a fixed income with no job, I have to make every quarter count. To do my tithing, I either tithe time to people by supporting them with God's word, or I tithe things I already have, like giving something of mine as a gift. But really, I don't have much means to give. I gave to ministries till I had virtually no money because it is commanded. I had little money and kept giving anyway. While Scripture promises a blessing when you give, that blessing has yet to be realized in my life. I'm still jobless and still out of college (I want to go to college and be able to support myself without my disability check.)

The other problem I run into is there are several trusted places my money could go. Having the money, then dividing it up is hard.

People don't want to go to churches where pastors ask for money because they don't always know what that money will be used for. I don't give money to a church that is going to spend it on a new bathroom rather than feeding the homeless in the local community, for example. I know a church that is building a "Family Life Center" where they are building a basketball court when there is one right in the parking lot by the church! I don't know what the purpose of the building is for...fellowship, but the fellowship they always held downstairs suits just fine. Maybe there's something I don't know, but I don't want to give my money to a church that is making the church better rather than the people of the community better.

I personally don't like giving to churches because so many of them use it to renovate perfectly good churches instead of using it to help people. I give to charities like Joyce Meyer's Hand of Hope, where I know the money is used to help people overseas, or Voice of the Martyrs where I know the money is used to help persecuted Christians.

Anyways, that's my two cents!

G

GreenNnice

I have two problems: I'm on a fixed income with no job, I have to make every quarter count. To do my tithing, I either tithe time to people by supporting them with God's word, or I tithe things I already have, like giving something of mine as a gift.----] ==== Jaimie
-------------
That's fine, jaimie, I did not do this thread to convict you, that would come from God, I just thought if everyone gave a dollar that it would be nice, no LOUD words, no guilt whatsoever said, I don't think. That is all I said, give whatever you can, if it's only a few penny, fine. I am pretty sure God would accept your giving any amount.

MY reason for doing this thread was simple, I saw where there was only $1296 in the pot for the month of August and it was the 29th. I don't like to do this kind of thread , there is no gratification at all in doing this for me. None.

I am sure I get persecution even for doing this, the antithesis of gratification. I know I do, by you (You said something to the effect of: There are only two people on this thread, doesn't that tell you it's maybe not so popular.

And, I don't know what you meant by saying that, completely know, but I did like the :) ). And, that is fine that you said what you did, the Lord leads, and, I will follow Him, Jamie. I know you have a good heart, I have read your other posts on here and already think highly of you and your God-said things on here :)

God bless you, Jamie, for all the giving you said you've done. THAT is awesome. I am sure God has blessed you for it and will bless you in the future for all you do to glorify the Kingdom. I encourage you too to NOT look at money as a measurement of blessing. No, instead look to your relationship with God, that joy that emanates from your daily day to day doings .

What happens with your life. if you forget about the money in your life, when you give :)

N

Nalu

I notice only two people have been talking in this thread. Not a very popular subject. :)

I have two problems: I'm on a fixed income with no job, I have to make every quarter count. To do my tithing, I either tithe time to people by supporting them with God's word, or I tithe things I already have, like giving something of mine as a gift. But really, I don't have much means to give. I gave to ministries till I had virtually no money because it is commanded. I had little money and kept giving anyway. While Scripture promises a blessing when you give, that blessing has yet to be realized in my life. I'm still jobless and still out of college (I want to go to college and be able to support myself without my disability check.)

The other problem I run into is there are several trusted places my money could go. Having the money, then dividing it up is hard.

People don't want to go to churches where pastors ask for money because they don't always know what that money will be used for. I don't give money to a church that is going to spend it on a new bathroom rather than feeding the homeless in the local community, for example. I know a church that is building a "Family Life Center" where they are building a basketball court when there is one right in the parking lot by the church! I don't know what the purpose of the building is for...fellowship, but the fellowship they always held downstairs suits just fine. Maybe there's something I don't know, but I don't want to give my money to a church that is making the church better rather than the people of the community better.

I personally don't like giving to churches because so many of them use it to renovate perfectly good churches instead of using it to help people. I give to charities like Joyce Meyer's Hand of Hope, where I know the money is used to help people overseas, or Voice of the Martyrs where I know the money is used to help persecuted Christians.

Anyways, that's my two cents!

I appreciate where you are coming from cause I been there myself.
I was in a position where I had to do what I could with what I had, and had trouble making ends meet at times. Jamie, this post is not directed to you or any one in your'e situation. You are a blessing.

What makes this Ministry different is that we have a set dollar amount, we are trying to meet minimum operating cost's. Each month that goes by we encounter a significant shortfall.

I agree that there are some Church's that have huge operating budgets and spend money unwisely, but...all
ministries should not be penalized because of the reckless deeds of others.

It would be like holding an innocent person accountable for the mistakes others have made.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, this is simply an issue that is on my mind. It is my personal opinion.

G

GreenNnice

Jaimie, I apologize, I read thru your post hastily and comprehended it wrongly.

You were not persecuting me , you were just stating that thread was unpopular , which was true . I OFTEN read things thru a first time and would be MUCH better off taking time to read them a 2nd time. :)

--------$--------

Yes, Nalu, I agree , one church bad stewardship funds does not mean another church you join will do same thing. I think too that when a church does remodel when looks like church you have is perfectly fine that there can be unknown things for remodeling reason.
---+----

This thread was done for ONE reason : I want you to see c.c. as a BIG blessing in your life, ad, the biggest blessings come after.....

Giving to God. :)

The Lord leads. Ultimately, those three words can govern your life, and, if you let 'them,' you will be infinitely blessed on Earth as you will be in Heaven, too.

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
-------------
That's fine, jaimie, I did not do this thread to convict you, that would come from God, I just thought if everyone gave a dollar that it would be nice, no LOUD words, no guilt whatsoever said, I don't think. That is all I said, give whatever you can, if it's only a few penny, fine. I am pretty sure God would accept your giving any amount.
I say what I did because I WANT to give. CC has been a blessing to me. I feel helpless. But soon I think I'll be moving in with my friend and that will cut the rent from my spending. I will have money to donate! Looking forward to it :)

You were not persecuting me , you were just stating that thread was unpopular , which was true . I OFTEN read things thru a first time and would be MUCH better off taking time to read them a 2nd time.
That's ok. :) I've been known to do the same thing.

G

GreenNnice

God bless you, jaimie, as, I know things can be hard , fixed income and all, but God is faithful to bless us for following Him. I admit, at times I want to choose the path more traveled but I don't choose it. I see everything in my life done for God, by God, to God, thru God :) , with the Enemy constantlySQUEEZINGin and I just tell Him to go to Hell. LOL. But I am being serious when I say that, it just sounds funny. Satan is real in believers' lives, big-time , because Satan knows you are taking away power from him and giving it to God and Satan hates it when that happens. The po' red-faced baby . Wa-wa. :). But , yeah, stay strong in your situation now and I am praying for you, jaimie, that where you go-moving in with a friend or whatever you do-blesses you :)