A Dump

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 30, 2013
Why have most of you turned the Bible Discussion Room into a dump any subject that has no relation to the Bible at all? I vaguely remember the guy who started this nonsense. It was a very subtle suggestion in which many of you have followed. Are there not other rooms where everyday gaiety can be discussed than a room where important subject matter should be discussed?This room has been turned into a lounge area. I have noticed that some people are reaching out for help or prayers and they are ignored because of a lot of the foolish conversations that goes on in here. This is a trap of the enemy to distract us from the word.

Oct 21, 2015
Pick a subject, any you want and I will(try to) respond:)

K

kaylagrl

Why have most of you turned the Bible Discussion Room into a dump any subject that has no relation to the Bible at all? I vaguely remember the guy who started this nonsense. It was a very subtle suggestion in which many of you have followed. Are there not other rooms where everyday gaiety can be discussed than a room where important subject matter should be discussed?This room has been turned into a lounge area. I have noticed that some people are reaching out for help or prayers and they are ignored because of a lot of the foolish conversations that goes on in here. This is a trap of the enemy to distract us from the word.

There is a forum for prayer alone,people tend to go there.

F

FreeNChrist

Interesting post from one who seems to think this room is nothing more than a dumping ground for the lunatic ramblings of Ellen G White.

Nov 30, 2013
Interesting post from one who seems to think this room is nothing more than a dumping ground for the lunatic ramblings of Ellen G White.

Thanks for the statement FreeNChrist.

Please tell me what you have found to be true..not what you have heard..but true about her writings that you say are lunatic ramblings?

Waiting????

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Could you offer up a "list" of threads that you are referring to?

Other than the Speak Your Mind thread, I don't remember all that many that would fit the description of "dump" threads.

The Speak Your Mind thread was started here on the BDF to try and bring some sanity to the Forum, and to ease some of the anger, arguing, and downright hate speech that tends to reign here.

As well, if one reads the thread, they will often find many Biblical subjects posted/discussed.

Christian "fellowship" is quite Biblical is it not? It is not necessary for folks to be involved in a heated debate/argument about one Theological ideology or another, or one interpretation of Scripture or another, or the denouncement of one religion or another to be acceptable on this Forum IMO.

As well, if Admin or the Mods determine that a certain thread is unacceptable on a particular Forum they will either "lock" the thread, or move it to a proper Forum.

Anyway.............this thread doesn't seem to contain Biblical subject matter either....... :)

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Pick a subject, any you want and I will(try to) respond:)
similarily, RememberTheSabbathDay, if you want to post your thoughts on something related to the bible, and it's a subject I'm interested in, I'll be glad to chime in...

just posting large amounts of text copied from the web (I assume), doesn't really encourage discussion, imo...

example, post 1 at http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/127936-praying-groups.html#post2402672

in my experience, discussion is moved forward when people are willing to talk about themselves, their thoughts, their opinions...

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Dan said " just posting large amounts of text copied from the web (I assume), doesn't really encourage discussion, imo..."

He is so correct. It is easier to jump in for discussion when only one point at a time is bought up (preferably in one or two paragraphs).

S

sassylady

I haven't noticed anything quite like that here. Some people just mistakenly post in the wrong section occasionally. I have noticed some joking on a subject that I considered serious, but I wouldn't say it is that commonplace. Most on here are honest and compassionate.