A few questions about homosexuality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenisyes

I don't believe I have to marry a man or woman. I can be happy and single, but that doesn't mean I have to shut myself off from the possibility of ever marrying. I told you I'm not going to go on a hunt for man and I won't do it for a woman either. Right now I have more important things in my life to focus on than worrying about being single. I'm just saying that when you're not looking is when you find someone. I'm not saying I will find someone, but if I do I don't think I could close myself off from having a relationship if I truly felt something for them. I'm not trying to be rude, but your focused way to much on how society affects me. Society has no power over me. I don't care what anyone thinks of me or what society says I am allowed to do and not do. I'm at the point in my life that the only opinions that matter to me are God's and my parents. They are the only ones I do not want to disappoint. Honestly, if society had a grip on me I wouldn't have thought about suicide. I would have realized that society says being gay is okay so I can be. The thing is it didn't happen that way. I was too worried how God feels about me and how my parents will feel if they ever find out.

I think you have a wonderful attitude. Many as young as you are still in the grip of social pressure. You are not being rude at all, you are being honest. If you thought about suicide, adn got through it, then God has taught you to make your own decisions. You are well on the way to spending a life as a man of the Lord. Decisions about marriage one way or the other will come in their time. It's great to know that your OP was mostly a theoretical question.

I am all for going deeper than outside appearances. The persons personality, their hobbies, their interests, and anything else about them they're willing to share. We can't fool ourselves though, appearance does matter, just as reproductive organs do too. If you don't mind me asking what made you love your wife? How did you know she was the one?

Well, the suspicion was because she was the only person I could talk to for more than 2 hours. You can read the whole story in my website if you like My name is Ken Behrens <click. Here's a quote:
"To me, Anna&#8217;s most attractive feature was not physical, or even her mental ability and tremendous writing and organizational gifts. Anna lived, by choice, to build the Kingdom of God on earth. The desire (or should I say &#8220;passion&#8221;?) was documented in her diary before I met her, and it was how she lived her life. Her most attractive feature is how she would take any risk to follow where Jesus was leading her. "

I believe there are options for everything too, but the right choice isn't as clear to me as it is to you.

It takes time to learn to follow God. Even more time to know you are doing it right.

What is my current interpretation? To be perfectly honest with you I don't even know what I believe about this. I may present my case as if I'm set in my views and opinions, but that is not it. I am merely trying to come at it from a different angle. I am trying to better understand so the answer I need can become clearer.

Like I say, that's a great attitude.

Jan 12, 2013
I am not a judge of anyone. All judgments belong to God and who he assigned to judge. It is not any human on earth. The Bible does tell us what he says is right and wrong. We are assigned to teach many things, future hopes and what he condemns, all through love and humility. I have a lot of things I am continually working on.

Paul, who was and excellent servant of God wrote of his deepest inner feeling concerning dealing with his mind and body. Also see Romans 7:21-25.
1 Corinthians 9:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 Corinthians 9:27 Amplified Bible (AMP)
27 But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit]

We do not know what spurred the feeling, desire for a woman, a man, his assignment, whatever it was it was certainly written to benefit us. We can use his example to help us remain faithful to God. Although we may fall as Proverbs 24:16 says: “The righteous one may fall even seven times, and he will certainly get up.” We can continue to press forward to and overcome the various vices we have.

One of the subjects Paul spoke about was fornication which encompasses a lot of sexual acts outside the marriage. He has listed many things that snare many. Here are some.
Corinthians 6:9, 10 New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I would like to address one of most common. Man and woman having sex together, in any form, without the bonds of marriage which is fornication and not approved by God.

God standards of marriage may not agree with what we want to practice. He has given us free will to choose to obey him or go our way. These standards become more difficult when we want both, worship him and commit fornication. Then our conscience comes into play and beats us. Doing things our way and not his will affect our relationship with him. He will not change his standards to fit our needs.

Whenever our desires conflict with Gods laws we really need to pray incessantly to do his will. If we are single and desire a mate and it does not happen we are still under his law to remain chaste.

Sometimes it just means we have to wait God son Jesus to come and help completely rid us if the imperfect desires. We have to stop practicing things he disapproves of to stay in his favor. We will never do it perfectly so reliance on our Creator to help us is foremost for now.

James 1:13-15 New International Version (NIV)
13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Some may wonder, ‘would genetics, environment, or traumatic life experiences, such as sexual abuse, justify one’s giving in to homosexual desires?’ No, they would not. Consider this example: A person may have what some scientists consider to be hereditary tendencies toward alcohol abuse, or he may have been raised in a family where alcohol abuse was commonplace. Certainly, most people would be empathetic toward a person in such circumstances. All the same, by no means would he be encouraged to continue abusing alcohol or to give up his fight against alcohol abuse just because he may have been born with the tendency or he was raised in such an environment.

Likewise, while the Bible does not condemn those who struggle with homosexual tendencies, it in no way condones giving in to those tendencies, whether they are the result of genetics or they stem from some other source. Instead, the Bible offers practical assistance and encouragement to help individuals to win the fight against homosexual practices.

Also see Romans 1:26, 27;