A few questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Garos

Hi everybody,

the reason why is registrated here is that i have some questions and wanted to get your point of view about these things.

First a little bit about myself. I am 19 years old, i live in Bavaria, Germany (no, i never wear Lederhosen) and i'm in the last 2 years of school preparing for my Abitur (General Qualification for University Entrance or Certificate for Overall Maturity for Higher Education). My hobbies are Music (hearing as well as doing it), reading (mostly prose and lyrics for school and also scientific literature) and social work (i'm a semi-medic and i work in my church)

This brings me to my first and important question. I consider myself as an agnostic but i work in my church and even decide things dealing with youth work so I'm in a moral conflict. On one side I like to work for my church but on the other side I'm not christian and still decide things in my community (because i was elected). Maybe this is more a question of moral than of believe but I wanted to get a view of how you see things like that.

C

Charles

Perhaps ur working in the church is where God put u so
that u may learn as to who he is. So, even if u think u where appointed to do so by some means, God may well have used these means to get u there. Keep your eyes and ears open, u may learn!

S

soccerboo

Yes, it is God who chooses us, we dont understand His plan, He may have placed you in the church under christian influence so you could be fed the word of God, and have the other christians share their light with you, through God, showing you His love, and the Holy Spirit working in you!!

You are in my prayers!!
God bless you!

K

kermit

hello nice post.

the first thing you should do is get to know jesus and understand who he is and what he did. the best way to do this is study the gospels...matthew, mark, luke, and john in the new testament of the holy bible. you won't really be able to make a decision as to whether or not you want to live a life serving Him in the church or in any way until you establish a relationship with him. it isn't about the church, my friend. it is about jesus christ and his LOVE FOR YOU (yes, he died for YOU) and your patient obedient walk with him. you have to love jesus friend. get to know him. understand what he did. he lived a perfect sinless life of absolutely flawless obedience to the father, walked on water, turned water into wine, cleansed lepers, cast out demons, calmed a storm, and died a horrible death on the roman cross, bearing all the sins of the world including your own that you might have life and have it abundantly. he then rose three days later as he himself had prophesied (and as was prophesied throughout the old testament...jesus fulfilled all of the messianic prophecies in the old testament and there are many many many of them. he is the messiah, and is forever the king of kings and lord of lords.)

turn your eyes upon jesus.

peace be with you.
derek