A Four Corner Foundation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chester

May 23, 2016
There are four foundational requirements for Christian salvation
1: believe the gospel
2: repentance from dead works
3; put your repentance into action by obedience and be baptised (which is Greek for plunged) in water to partake of the death,
burial and resurrection of our Lord and Redeemer, Christ Jesus, for the remission of our past sins
4: be baptised in the Holy Spirit to become a son or daughter of our Father in heaven who will also burn up the chaff in our
lives and teach us of his righteousness.

Then comes grace and mercy and the washing of our sins through stumbling by the blood of the Lamb of God.
Are you sure that confession should not be one of the four? Or what about the realization you are a sinner?

Not arguing that your four points are valid things the unbeliever should do, but just wondering where the Scripture is that gives those as the "four foundational requirements of Christian salvation"?

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus. Grace is a free gift from God. The reason Jesus said begone was they were proclaiming works instead of grace. Works doesn't save only grace does. All Christians should understand that.
Following the plan of salvation as proclaimed by the Apostle Peter, whom God had given the keys of the kingdom, as outlined in Acts 2:38 is not performing works; but rather, acting in obedience to specific instructions.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” Ephesians 2:7-8

Romans Chapter 1:16-17 below expresses that the way of righteousness is revealed from faith to faith.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”

Within the gospel of Christ one can see the righteousness of God revealed in a progression from faith to faith. One step of faith is then followed by another, and another.

The first step in the redemptive process is to acknowledge Jesus’ sacrifice at Calvary. We recognize that Jesus took upon Himself the penalty for our sin and we repent of our ungodly ways. We know that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. As we pursue our relationship with God, we become aware of the need to be water baptized in Jesus’ name. Since this concept is clearly stated in the Bible our faith prompts us to be obedient and we enter the waters of baptism. At some point in our walk we become aware of the need to ask God for His Spirit and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Consider that faith rises when one hears or reads the words recorded in the Bible. Therefore, faith in the hearer prompts an action. Throughout the scriptures we are told of the absolute necessity for obedience. Hebrews Chapter 5:8-9, states, “Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

Aug 7, 2016
My 4 foundations are:
The TRINITY (3 sides) and sola scriptures (side 4)
A Prophetic word unto you. The TRINITY is not what I called it in My FATHER'S WORDS, saith YAHOSHUA, but they are the THREE WITNESSES that is also BEARING RECORD to MY NAME. For I AM YAHOSHUA, whose NAME is SHOWING YOU THE THREE WITNESSES WITHIN MY OWN NAME. I AM YAHOSHUA, whose NAME is SHOWING YOU THE NAMES of My FATHER, who is "YAH" as in YAHOVEH/YAHUVEH, the "WORD" who I AM, "YOSHUA" who is also the SON, as well as the "HOLY SPIRIT", which is SIGNIFIED by the "AH" that is also in My FATHER'S NAME which is "YAH" as in YAHOVEH/YAHUVEH. For if My FATHER is BEARING RECORD to My NAME, His "WORD" is "GREATER" then MAN'S, have you not READ? Saith YAHOSHUA, who is the Christ meaning the ANOINTED ONE, unto you who are of the GENTILE NATIONS, and unto the JEWS, I AM, MESSIAH, fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures... 1John 5:7-13 FOR THERE ARE “THREE" WITNESSES THAT BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN, THE “FATHER", THE “WORD", and THE “HOLY SPIRIT": AND THESE THREE ARE ONE. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the “SPIRIT", and the “WATER" and the “BLOOD": and these THREE all AGREE in “ONE. If we receive the WITNESS of MEN, the “WITNESS" of the FATHER is GREATER: for this is the witness of the FATHER WHICH “HE” HATH “TESTIFIED” of His “SON”. He that believeth on the Son of the FATHER HATH THE “WITNESS” IN “HIMSELF”: he that believeth NOT THE FATHER HATH MADE “HIM”, [meaning the FATHER] A “LIAR"; because he believeth not the RECORD THAT THE FATHER GAVE HIS “SON". AND THIS IS THE “RECORD" THAT THE FATHER HATH GIVEN TO US “ETERNAL LIFE", AND THIS LIFE IS IN HIS “SON”. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of the FATHER hath not life. These things have I written unto you that BELIEVE ON THE “NAME" OF THE “SON" of the FATHER; THAT YE MAY KNOW THAT YE HAVE “ETERNAL LIFE", and that ye may believe on the name of the “SON” of the FATHER.
Continue Part 2...

Aug 7, 2016
Part 2...
Now, the Four CORNERS of the WORLD is how this WORLD is SHAPED, and where YAHOSHUA, have and will send his children, those in whom he has SCATTERED, have you not READ? Saith YAHOSHUA, who is the Christ, meaning the ANOINTED ONE, unto the GENTILE NATIONS, and unto the JEWS, I AM, MESSIAH, fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures... Mark 13:26-27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. [GLORY, meaning My SPIRIT BODY, saith YAHOSHUA] And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the FOUR WINDS OF THE EARTH, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. Acts 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the FOUR CORNERS, and let down to the earth: Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. Genesis 1:7-8 And 'the Father’ made the firmament, and divided the waters which were UNDER THE FIRMAMENT (didn’t say around it) from the waters which were ABOVE THE FIRMAMENT: (which is called Heaven) and it was so. And 'the Father’ called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.

This circle that the Father is sitting upon is the top of the firmament which is a half of a circle that stretches out from one end of the earth to the other. He did not say that the earth was round. He said that He sitteth upon the circle of the earth, meaning that He was sitting high looking down at the firmament which yes when looked down at it from above. It looks as though it was a circle. He never said that this earth was a circle. The Father is explaining that He sits High and can see everything that He made under this half of a circle which is called the Firmament that stretches out the heavens as though you where opening a curtain.

YAHOSHUA NAME is CARRYING the "THREE WITNESSES" that are NEEDED to BEAR RECORD in HEAVEN as well as in EARTH, for even the DEMONS, know My NAME, and the TREAMBLE, saith YAHOSHUA... I AM YAHOSHUA, but who I AM NOT is JESUS/YESHUA, in whom they had REPLACED MY SAVING NAME WITH, throughout My FATHER'S Holy Scriptures, when I LEFT YOU WORLD AGE, which was also when your FREE WILL TEST had BEGUN. I warned you about this.. When I told John the PUNISHMENT that I would bring unto those who had done this to you, have you not READ? Saith YAHOSHUA, who is Christ unto the GENTILE NATIONS, and unto the JEWS, that did not RECEIVE ME, WHEN I CAME UNTO THEM, I AM, MESSIAH, fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures...Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, the FATHER shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, the FATHER shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

And this is what I have sent you thy Elect Sister in whom I have said to GREET THEE, for she is also My BRIDE, who KNOWS HER HUSBANDS NAME, DO YOU, I ASK? Saith YAHOSHUA, who is Christ unto YOU who are of the GENTILE NATIONS/NATIONALITIES of the WORLD, called MANKIND, and unto the JEWS, I AM, MESSIAH, fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures...
Revelation 22:16-17 I YAHOSHUA HAVE SENT MINE “ANGEL", [which means a messenger] TO TESTIFY UNTO YOU THESE THINGS IN THE “CHURCHES”. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. AND THE “SPIRIT”, [who I AM, saith YAHOSHUA] and the “BRIDE” [who she is, who is speaking to you now] SAY COME. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 2 John 1:1-2 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth. For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. 2 John 1:9-13 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not “the Father”. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him Father’s speed: For he that biddeth him “GOD” speed is partaker of his evil deeds. Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, AND SPEAK FACE TO FACE, that our joy may be full. “THE CHILDREN OF THY ELECT SISTER GREET THEE. Amen.

For I have sent her unto you, because she is bringing unto you the SECRETS and MYSTERIES that I had promised to bring unto you, as well as your VISITATION, saith YAHOSHUA, have you not READ? Fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures.. Luke 19:40-44 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation. Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord 'thy Father’ will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints. Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. Matthew 13:35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the ‘MYSTERY’, which from the ‘BEGINNING’ of the world hath been hid in ‘the Father’, who “CREATED’ all things by Yahoshua Christ.

For I AM NOT COME FOR EVERYONE, only those in whom My FATHER had GIVEN UNTO ME, saith YAHOSHUA, have you not READ? Fulfilling the FATHER Scriptures... John 17:6-9 I HAVE MANIFESTED "THY NAME" unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Shalom

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Are you sure that confession should not be one of the four? Or what about the realization you are a sinner?
Not arguing that your four points are valid things the unbeliever should do, but just wondering where the Scripture is that gives those as the "four foundational requirements of Christian salvation"?
Confession of faith usually occurs at the time of water baptism when a person confesses that they believe in Jesus as their
Lord and Saviour and that he died and rose again for the washing away of their sins, etc ...
Realizing that one is a sinner is part of believing the gospel and becoming repentant.

These four foundational requirements are easily read of and explained in Acts and the epistles.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
The Word makes mention that there is a foundation that the Christian life must build upon. Notice it includes repentance, baptism, laying on of hands... (Holy Ghost) instruction concerning resurrection and eternal judgment. These are the basics:
"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment." Heb 6:1-2