A Joyful Noise

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I don't have the best singing voice. I sing any ways and listen to the words to the song. The words to the song can have such a powerful message. God wants us to make a joyful noise no matter how it may sound. Its all about honoring him in song. God hears what is coming from our heart not our voice.

Psalm 98:4 [SUP]4 [/SUP]Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;

Last edited:
K

kenisyes

That's what they told me in grammar school. They actually thought I was probably tone deaf. And for the same reason you give, I was listening to lyrics. So I got bad grades in music in grammar school. God had other ideas. I've been in professional music ministry for 43 years, 9 years full time. So you are correct about the great lyrics in the songs, and their value. And you are correct about the joyful noise idea. I assume we can hear a joyful coming out of you during worship at church and frequently in-between these times. And you never know what God's plan might be for you.

J

jkalyna

I don't have the best singing voice. I sing any ways and listen to the words to the song. The words to the song can have such a powerful message. God wants us to make a joyful noise no matter how it may sound. Its all about honoring him in song. God hears what is coming from our heart not our voice.

Psalm 98:4 [SUP]4 [/SUP]Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;
yay I remember you singing once, remember. It sounded nice. TY

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
If that verse didn't include the word "noise", most of us could never sing in church at all.

: )