A Kind Word

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
A kind word to someone can make all the difference to them. When you show someone you care and you want to be there friend you change their life. Thats just how Jesus is to us; he is our best friend. Jesus love for us never changes he loves us all the same no matter who we are.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

C

crystalco

Have you ever considered that changing someones life could turn sin into salvation? What better thing could you do for the great Shepard than to give him another sheep for his flock?

Last edited:
K

Kyouken

For the lack of a "like" button, I like this! Though, words ARE powerful, and especially good ones! Man, it fires me up! Thanks for posting that!

J

jimsun

A kind word to someone can make all the difference to them. When you show someone you care and you want to be there friend you change their life. Thats just how Jesus is to us; he is our best friend. Jesus love for us never changes he loves us all the same no matter who we are.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Or as you say in the Gaeilge, Von, -
Is maith an scathan suil charad;
(A true friend's eye is a good mirror).
J.

J

jimsun

Hoya Von1 - Hope all is well with you.
My day tends to revolve around "kind gestures" rather than "kind words" -

I'll always give up my seat on train/plane, especially to an elderly someone; I ways offer to & carry someone's. obviously heavy, shopping bags. I'll alwYs open a door for someone & if asked for directions to somehere in our town, instead of just rattling out "staccato" directions, I walk with that person, ensuring they reach their destination & don't take a wrong turning. (If one of "the lads" is passing in a police patrol car, I've been known. to stick my Enquirer onto the back seat & ask the "Bobby" to take them directly there, taxi- like!!
(Some rules are designed/destined to be flexible!!).
And, should the person in question thank me, my response is a simple; You're welcome".

But, if I'm walking with a "stranger", you can guarantee that my accent is a wonderful "ice - breaker"!!!

J.