A look at Ezekiel 44:15-31 and Luke 5:1-6:49

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
EZEKIEL 44:15-31

In this prophetic book, the Prophet sees into the future, the future priests of the third temple, (to be built in the near future) the descendants of “Zadok” will be the priests in the millennium, and the same high standards are for these priests as well. It also states the job of the priest: “And they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and unholy, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean” This should also be the goal of every Torah teacher, rabbi, minister, pastor, etc. to teach the WHOLE TORAH in their place of worship and study so that their sheep might follow their shepherd wholeheartedly and secure.

The problem today is that a few "hired shepherds" are there for the money, and their heart is not in the job. Some will preach what the "people want to hear" not what they NEED to hear. There are "prosperity gospels" and "if you are not healed it is because your faith is weak" kind of messages.

What is Holy? Yeshua/Jesus is Holy, and we need to become like HIM in all ways, little by little, growing spiritually in the WORD and in faith. It all starts with the "New Birth" (John 3:3) The Commandments teach us what is clean and unclean, Holy and unholy. So, what should be taught by the Shepherds who keep their sheep?

1. We are all sinners and have come short of the glory of God. 2. God loves everyone and because of His immense love, He came to earth in human form, to die in our place, taking upon our sins and the curse of death. 3. We must ALL (individually) accept the one-time sacrifice of Yeshua/Jesus on the Cross, in a personal way, knowing that "he died for YOU!(specifically). 4. The Bible is the inerrant WORD of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, His message for ALL mankind. It is our Basic Instruction guide Before Leaving Earth (B.I.B.L.E.) 5. We have eternal life with God and all believers. And Yeshua/Jesus will return soon as the "Lion of Judah" to set up His 1000-year Kingdom, which we will be part of. 6. There is a Heaven and a Hell, and a Lake of Fire (no joke) Eternity is a serious matter and should not be taken lightly. Our position with God now determines our future in eternity.

LUKE 5:1-6:49

Yeshua speaks to the people, from a boat. After teaching, He and Kefa go out on the lake, resulting in a boatload of fish. Kefa hears, yet protests, “We fished all night and caught nothing” yet still obeys and “reaps the harvest” many fish, to take home to sell and eat.

In the other incident when Yeshua caused his talmidim to catch a boatload of fish, the number of fish caught summed “153.” Why is this number recorded? Is it significant? Perhaps Yeshua is making a statement through the fish caught. The statement in Hebrew “Ani Elohim” ( I AM Elohim) sums “153” in gematria (using the “vav” in “Elohim”) Yeshua tells Peter 3 times to "pastor and lead HIS lambs and sheep" Who are HIS lambs and sheep?

One way we can look at this symbolically is that a "lamb" can be a "very young believer, perhaps just "born-again" and needs a lot of instruction. The "sheep" are the more mature believers, who still need more instruction (more Torah!) So, that is the job of a rabbi, pastor, Sunday School teacher, Torah Teacher, to instruct and lead the "lambs and sheep" of "his or her pasture"

With simple obedience through faith, we can all reap the blessings that YHVH has in store for us. A little bit of faith, trust, and obedience, will bring in a big catch. Now, Kefa is promoted to be a “fisher-of-MEN” rescuing men’s souls from the grasp of HaSatan and bringing them into the Kingdom. Are you a fisher of men (and women) or are you still content with the small “fishy” things of life? You decide!

Yeshua also, after the blessing of many fish, healed three people; one who had “Tzara ’at” (a skin disease) a person who was paralyzed, and a person who was “worldly-minded.” To the first He said; “be cleansed” To the second one He said; “Your sins are forgiven you” To the third, (Who was Matthew) He just said; “Follow me!”

In all three cases, we have changed lives. When our sins are forgiven, through repentance and accepting Yeshua as Messiah and LORD, we are “cleansed” (internally) and at times, physically. And then, we “follow Him” which should be the logical reaction.

“I have not called the righteous, but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:32)

We must understand that everyone who is “righteous” (in right standing) similar to “Kadosh” was at one time “a sinner” (living a lifestyle of sin and rebellion). So, it is a change for the better, from a lost sinner to a “righteous” one who has been “born again.” The lost sinner needs to be instructed by the Torah unto righteousness, and the righteous need to be instructed by the Torah to “stay guided on the Path of Righteousness”

064.JPG

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
EZEKIEL 44:15-31

In this prophetic book, the Prophet sees into the future, the future priests of the third temple, (to be built in the near future) the descendants of “Zadok” will be the priests in the millennium, and the same high standards are for these priests as well. It also states the job of the priest: “And they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and unholy, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean” This should also be the goal of every Torah teacher, rabbi, minister, pastor, etc. to teach the WHOLE TORAH in their place of worship and study so that their sheep might follow their shepherd wholeheartedly and secure.

The problem today is that a few "hired shepherds" are there for the money, and their heart is not in the job. Some will preach what the "people want to hear" not what they NEED to hear. There are "prosperity gospels" and "if you are not healed it is because your faith is weak" kind of messages.

What is Holy? Yeshua/Jesus is Holy, and we need to become like HIM in all ways, little by little, growing spiritually in the WORD and in faith. It all starts with the "New Birth" (John 3:3) The Commandments teach us what is clean and unclean, Holy and unholy. So, what should be taught by the Shepherds who keep their sheep?

1. We are all sinners and have come short of the glory of God. 2. God loves everyone and because of His immense love, He came to earth in human form, to die in our place, taking upon our sins and the curse of death. 3. We must ALL (individually) accept the one-time sacrifice of Yeshua/Jesus on the Cross, in a personal way, knowing that "he died for YOU!(specifically). 4. The Bible is the inerrant WORD of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, His message for ALL mankind. It is our Basic Instruction guide Before Leaving Earth (B.I.B.L.E.) 5. We have eternal life with God and all believers. And Yeshua/Jesus will return soon as the "Lion of Judah" to set up His 1000-year Kingdom, which we will be part of. 6. There is a Heaven and a Hell, and a Lake of Fire (no joke) Eternity is a serious matter and should not be taken lightly. Our position with God now determines our future in eternity.

LUKE 5:1-6:49

Yeshua speaks to the people, from a boat. After teaching, He and Kefa go out on the lake, resulting in a boatload of fish. Kefa hears, yet protests, “We fished all night and caught nothing” yet still obeys and “reaps the harvest” many fish, to take home to sell and eat.

In the other incident when Yeshua caused his talmidim to catch a boatload of fish, the number of fish caught summed “153.” Why is this number recorded? Is it significant? Perhaps Yeshua is making a statement through the fish caught. The statement in Hebrew “Ani Elohim” ( I AM Elohim) sums “153” in gematria (using the “vav” in “Elohim”) Yeshua tells Peter 3 times to "pastor and lead HIS lambs and sheep" Who are HIS lambs and sheep?

One way we can look at this symbolically is that a "lamb" can be a "very young believer, perhaps just "born-again" and needs a lot of instruction. The "sheep" are the more mature believers, who still need more instruction (more Torah!) So, that is the job of a rabbi, pastor, Sunday School teacher, Torah Teacher, to instruct and lead the "lambs and sheep" of "his or her pasture"

With simple obedience through faith, we can all reap the blessings that YHVH has in store for us. A little bit of faith, trust, and obedience, will bring in a big catch. Now, Kefa is promoted to be a “fisher-of-MEN” rescuing men’s souls from the grasp of HaSatan and bringing them into the Kingdom. Are you a fisher of men (and women) or are you still content with the small “fishy” things of life? You decide!

Yeshua also, after the blessing of many fish, healed three people; one who had “Tzara ’at” (a skin disease) a person who was paralyzed, and a person who was “worldly-minded.” To the first He said; “be cleansed” To the second one He said; “Your sins are forgiven you” To the third, (Who was Matthew) He just said; “Follow me!”

In all three cases, we have changed lives. When our sins are forgiven, through repentance and accepting Yeshua as Messiah and LORD, we are “cleansed” (internally) and at times, physically. And then, we “follow Him” which should be the logical reaction.

“I have not called the righteous, but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:32)

We must understand that everyone who is “righteous” (in right standing) similar to “Kadosh” was at one time “a sinner” (living a lifestyle of sin and rebellion). So, it is a change for the better, from a lost sinner to a “righteous” one who has been “born again.” The lost sinner needs to be instructed by the Torah unto righteousness, and the righteous need to be instructed by the Torah to “stay guided on the Path of Righteousness”

View attachment 263991
Everything from Ezekiel 38 and after is after the millinium.
Ezekiel 37 is the first resurection and Messiah being given the kingdom.The Israelis (I believe the Messianic Jews in Israel)who do not worship the beast(the Israeli government and it's kingdom)will soon be persecuted,imprisoned and killed.They are the ones who will reign with Christ during the millinium.

Scripture does not show a man made temple standing during the millinium.After the millinium ,the nations outside the borders the the promised land(land from the Euphrates to the Nile) will invade the millinial kingdom as seen in revelation 20 and Ezekiel 38.

Ezekiel 44 is a long way off.At least 1004 years away.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
In response to Shilohsfoal
I do not know What "Bible" you get your info from but it certainly does not appear to be The true Bible given by YHWH. - You have everything well mixed up. Is your "Bible" a part of the Koran or some such? I do agree though with most of what Ben wrote as he quoted from the genuine Scriptures.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
In response to Shilohsfoal
I do not know What "Bible" you get your info from but it certainly does not appear to be The true Bible given by YHWH. - You have everything well mixed up. Is your "Bible" a part of the Koran or some such? I do agree though with most of what Ben wrote as he quoted from the genuine Scriptures.
Then you have not read the bible.

If you have a problem finding anything I've said in the bible ,all you need to do is ask where it is and I will quote it for you .

Everything after Ezekiel 37 is during the reign of Messiah .His reign is forever.

Ezekiel 37

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Gog invades the land of Israel after the millinium.

Revelation 20
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Ezekiel 44 is after the millinium .After New Jerusalem descends from God out of heaven.Evedence of this is the river of life running out of the temple.

Revelation 22
22 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Ezekiel 47
12 Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”

Is there anything else that you don't believe is in the bible?

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Hello Len, Nice to hear from you again.

Yes, Messiah will reign for 1000 years and all of his saints with him. You, me, and all who have accepted Messiah as LORD. Yet during the Millennium, children will be born of those who survived the Great Tribulation. They will be under Messiah's rule, yet they will have the sin nature like us. We will be in new bodies not affected by the sin nature. The earth will be populated again. Who knows how many millions will be on the earth during this time. They will have to be tested to see if they indeed love Messiah and accept wholeheartedly His rule, that is why Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations to take up arms against Messiah, They will attack the Israel yet Messiah will destroy them with His WORD. Then, there will be a New Heaven and New Earth, and eternity future sets in, this is where "Hell" and its inhabitants will be cast into the Lake of Fire, the Second Death.

The Anti Christ, we don't know exactly from which country he will appear. He might be alive now, who knows. Some say from one of the countries that used to be under the rule of Rome. The Number 666 if we look at it from the time of the Apostle John. It could be "Similar to Nero" in Hebrew "Neron Caesar" adds up to 666 using Hebrew letter. So, this tells us that the Anti Christ will be like the Emperor Nero; a murderer, lover of self, proclaiming to be God, and will go out to deceive the world.

The future is interesting Lenn, it's all in God's WORD.

Mar 9, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
Then you have not read the bible.

If you have a problem finding anything I've said in the bible ,all you need to do is ask where it is and I will quote it for you .

Everything after Ezekiel 37 is during the reign of Messiah .His reign is forever.

Ezekiel 37

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Gog invades the land of Israel after the millinium.

Revelation 20
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Ezekiel 44 is after the millinium .After New Jerusalem descends from God out of heaven.Evedence of this is the river of life running out of the temple.

Revelation 22
22 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Ezekiel 47
12 Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.”

Is there anything else that you don't believe is in the bible?

My deepest apologies, You were quite correct. Somehow I had misread what you had written. ( Don't know how.), but I will ensure that does not happen again. Hope you will forgive me.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
Feel free to write any time Len. It is good to know the future through God's Word

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
My deepest apologies, You were quite correct. Somehow I had misread what you had written. ( Don't know how.), but I will ensure that does not happen again. Hope you will forgive me.
Not a problem.