A lot of Kids Say I'm In Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jesusfreak32

I'm asking for advice. I know a lot of people my age go around flaunting the word love like it has no meaning whatsoever. I, on the other hand, feel very protective of who I share the statement "I'm in love with you." with. I have only said it once in my life, to a boy whom I have been close with for 5 years. We've been best friends for a long time and I can honestly say that I am in love with him. We have dated on and off before, but my parents have always gotten in the way. I am going to be turning 18 on the 19th of December. My parents are not involved in church whatsoever and I have come to my belief in God through my own study and experience. The guy I'm talking about, Levi has been a huge part of my life. He's been there when my parents never cared to listen.
He got involved in the wrong kind of stuff. He started partying to cope with the death of his father among the many other family situations going on in his life. I would always ask him to come to church with me, but he always refused. He started to use me around a year ago and pressured me to do things I wasn't ready to do. He made me feel small because he knew the right buttons to push.
I let go of him after he joined the army and went to basic training. He recently came back begging for a second chance (more like 5th) claiming to be a completely different person. I am gradually letting him back in my life. He seems to be a changed man. He even came to church with me on Sunday evening. Should I continue to be a part of his life and risk my own damage, as I always have for his possible benefit of a healthy Christian life and a relationship with God and go against my parents' judgment?
Or should I cut him out of my life completely, cry my tears, and continue to pray that someone else can come into his life and make an impact?

HELP!

Ashley

C

Cako53

I'm not going to tell you what I think you should do in this situation. I think you should do what God wants you to do. Pray about it, pray about it long and hard. Don't hold back with God. Let him show you where he wants you and with whom he wants you. I hope you will take this advice. I honestly think the hardest thing to do for a christian now a days is pray. God bless you.