A Name Gaurantee

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
[h=3]And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son, (John 14:13) [/h][h=3]
It is not every believer who has yet learned to pray in Christ's name. To ask not only for His sake, but in His name, as authorized by Him, is a high order of prayer. We would not dare to ask for some things in that blessed name, for it would be a wretched profanation of it; but when the petition is so clearly right that we dare set the name of Jesus to it, then it must be granted.
Prayer is all the more sure to succeed because it is for the Father's glory through the Son. It glorifies His truth, His faithfulness, His power, His grace, The granting of prayer, when offered in the name of Jesus, reveals the Father's love to Him, and the honour which He has put upon Him. The glory of Jesus and of the Father are so wrapped up together that the grace which magnifies the one magnifies the other.

The channel is made famous through the fullness of the fountain, and the fountain is honoured through the channel by which it flows. If the answering of our prayers would dishonor our Lord, we would not pray; but since in this thing He is glorified, we will pray without ceasing in that dear name in which God and His people have a fellowship of delight. CH Spurgeon.
[/h]

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Are you saying all bona fide requests in His name will be granted?
Or how do we know that a request ''must be right''?

A

Abiding

"In His name" means whatever progresses His will.....whos to know what that is exactly?
So i fire away....anything that comes to mind...rather than worry or fret or consider that
without asking i wont receive anything. Especially for others.

T

TruthTalk

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son, (John 14:13)

The channel is made famous through the fullness of the fountain, and the fountain is honoured through the channel by which it flows. If the answering of our prayers would dishonor our Lord, we would not pray; CH Spurgeon
Hi Phil, we should pray in His name according to His will and not for selfish gain. If we pray with a wrong motive or only to fulfill our own pleasure why should we think we will receive anything from God. How can I pray for a diamond handle pipe wrench when a plain one will work just as good or ask for a new Ferrari Testarossa when all I need is a tune up on the old car.

1John 5:14 NASB14 “This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.15 And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.”

Pray for people who are persecuting you or others - Matt 5:14
Pray to send laborers into His harvest, missionaries - Luke 10:2
Pray we will not enter into temptation - Matt 26:41
Pray for God to open doors to declare His word - Colo 4:3
Pray for one another that you may be healed - James 5:16

1 Timothy 2:1-4, A Call to Prayer
1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Last edited: