A Nephilim festival??

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
We look where angels live as described in Revelation and I see that to be the answer.
They rebelled against God and have a reservation for that place created for the Devil and his angels.
To read anything into that brings in the Gap theory, popularized by Calvinist Thomas Chalmers who started a new Presbyterian denomination in the 1800s when numerous strange doctrines and cults flourished.
C.I. Schofield further popularized by handing out his reference Bible to the evangelical denominations Seminaries and Bible Colleges.

Very familiar with Scofield, not Chalmers though.

I will see how he fits in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
Yes I agree with your last point for sure, been a while since I did the deep dive on this.. I need to refresh my memory.:)

I was taught this by my first pastor who taught his Bible college notes, from South Western Baptist Bible College if I recall correctly. I don't know if he believed it, but we examined it from his notes and references he copied from someone who held to it. I was just a newbie at the time but growing.
One thing that messed me up for many years was the fallacy of the "sons of God" being angels in the Old Testament and believers in the New testament. We did a study according to the notes taught from a Bible college that provided the angels = sons of God perspective.
Since doing that deep dive, I learned that I was wrong.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HeIsHere
I was taught this by my first pastor who taught his Bible college notes, from South Western Baptist Bible College if I recall correctly. I don't know if he believed it, but we examined it from his notes and references he copied from someone who held to it. I was just a newbie at the time but growing.
One thing that messed me up for many years was the fallacy of the "sons of God" being angels in the Old Testament and believers in the New testament. We did a study according to the notes taught from a Bible college that provided the angels = sons of God perspective.
Since doing that deep dive, I learned that I was wrong.

I get that for sure.. especially regarding Lacunza, Darby and Scofield, I also took on some soul killing Calvinist ideas too.

The whole hybrid thing for some reason just never really seemed scriptural to me...but it sure has been popularized over the years.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
I was taught this by my first pastor who taught his Bible college notes, from South Western Baptist Bible College if I recall correctly. I don't know if he believed it, but we examined it from his notes and references he copied from someone who held to it. I was just a newbie at the time but growing.
One thing that messed me up for many years was the fallacy of the "sons of God" being angels in the Old Testament and believers in the New testament. We did a study according to the notes taught from a Bible college that provided the angels = sons of God perspective.
Since doing that deep dive, I learned that I was wrong.

I forgot to mention it is no easy feat to come out of a doctrine in which you were firmly entrenched and schooled, but it really is very liberating.:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: HealthAndHappiness
I forgot to mention it is no easy feat to come out of a doctrine in which you were firmly entrenched and schooled, but it really is very liberating.:)

That's for sure.
As long as we continue in the Word, we should be growing and learning. That means holding fast to the basics but making adjustments on the peripherals as necessary .
 
  • Like
Reactions: HeIsHere
Here's some examples of the fear of the Lord being a good thing:
Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Proverbs 14:26-27
In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.
The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
1 Peter 1:17
And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work,
pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
Rather, in 2 Tim. 1:7, the word used for "fear" is different than the ones used in your citations.

So why do you think they had offspring with women?
Because " ...the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair..." (sexual lust).

My understanding is that in the Old Testament, Adam and the angels are called sons of God. I'm not sure anyone else?
You got it.

In nature this cannot occur.
That is mere opinion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charlesiii