A question about Abel, prophets and Luke 11

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

I remembered the following which might explain one of the
questions.

Hebrews 11:4 AMP
[4] Prompted, actuated by faith Abel brought God a better and more acceptable sacrifice
than Cain, because of which it was testified of him that he was righteous that he was
upright and in right standing with God, and God bore witness by accepting and
acknowledging his gifts. And though he died, yet through the incident he is still speaking.

Hebrews 11:6 AMP
[6] But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever
would come near to God must necessarily believe that God exists and that He is the
rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him out.

Maybe Cain gave an offering without really knowing why or without having a real
relationship with God. King Saul came to mind as I was thinking about this.
Saul sort of knew what was required but still preferred to do things his way. It was
like he didn't really respect God and was quick to just brush off the laws and Godly
commands and the right way of doing things. He had no reverent fear of God.
Maybe Cain was the same but coupled with envy and anger. Yet he still requested
mercy from God due to his fear that he also would also be murdered.

M

Miri

I think Noah and Joseph must have been prophets as well although it doesn't
say if outright in the bible that I can remember.

I am still confused though why Jesus said that generation would be held accountable
for the deaths down all the generations.