a quick question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

linda5788

why do people judge so much

M

MaggieMye

People judge because PRIDE is the fleshly nature of man. It is the putting of ourselves as being 'better' than those around us. It is the putting down of those around us so that we can, in our infinet wisdom and hubris thinking, see ourselves as being more intelligent, more beautiful, more classy, more wise, more spiritual, more 'right', more WORTHY, etc. It IS human nature. BUT...we are to take on the mind of Christ. We are to purpose to see others who are also (saved or not) made in the image of God, as being more worthy than we, ourselves are. WHEN we see someone that is not up to our perverbial standards of goodness and rightness, then we should immediately seek God as to what we can pray for that person so that they can step into the ring of His love and the destiny path that He created them for. We need to ask for and purpose to walk in humility. And we need to constantly remember that when we judge, we had better be judging that the person is being attacked or affected by the kingdom of darkness and they are most likely not aware of it or do not have the spiritual understanding and knowledge with which to fend it off SO we can seek the Lord and His divine will as to how to bring that person closer to the freedom that He died to bring every person ever born.
Maggie

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

If im sitting somewhere waiting for someone, i find when i start judging everyone that walks by, it makes the time go by much faster.

L

lighthousejohn

There is an old saying that goes; "When you point your finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you!"

Unfortunately, it has been proven that we tend to see our short-comings as being magnified in others. We feel a need to correct them for their errors, when we really need to be correcting our own. To do so however; we would have to admit and face up to our own faults.

Last edited:
W

worldlover

because they think they're the only ones who's right or self-righteous and that's bad.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
We judge because we are weak in nature. Sometimes to feel better about who we are, sometimes to make sence of the tragidy we see in the world.
Sometimes to place blame in order to understand why another would choose to harm. We also judge in order to hopefully, improve who we are .
Not that anything justifies why we do. But as each of us comes to know Jesus, we begin to see that we do not need judgement to grow in faith.
We soon learn that judgement devides us form loving others as Jesus loves us. The grace and love of Jesus will help us overcome.
But be patient with those that judge, it simply means they are becomeing aware, and hopefully with the help of Jesus, all will come to know the freedom from judgement and condemnation that is his gift to us.
God bless, pickles

Dec 19, 2009
It’s true that when you judge, you risk being judged:

Judge not, that you be not judged. Matt 7:1 RSV

Still, sometimes I think you need to judge, don’t you?

Feb 9, 2010
The world is motivated by selfishness and arrogance and they love to argue with each other over their own beliefs and say their way is the better way.The world will attach itself to a group and say our group is better than your group.Individually they will say I am better than you by my beliefs.

When people who claim to be with Christ judge other people in a condemning manner and argue with them they are acting like the world that argues with other people and individually think they are better.

We cannot judge people in a condemning manner or say I am better than you for what I know.

We can judge people and tell them how they should behave but we have to say that is how God wants them to behave giving God the glory but we must clean ourselves of all sin or we will be a hypocrite and however we judge a person that judgment will come back to us without the forgiveness of that sin.

Matt

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
people judge so much because they have not seen just how unworthy they are themselves to judge others. if we have a true vision of ourselves in the light of god's holiness, we know that we are unworthy to judge anyone.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I wanted to offer something to think about.
Judgement is part of the world.
When I face something that is difficult to understand that is of the world, I consider one scripture that has left an impact on me.
God created the earth with his power, then he created the world with his wisdom.
There is more, Im sure some one here will fill in the rest.
But the part about his wisdom in creating the world is what has touched my heart and mind.
It helps me to understand that even though we often dont know what we do, that God Our Father does, and planned for it.
As with all things of the world that seem bad, I fully believe that God Our Father has made all things capable of serving his love and glory.
No matter the choices we make as long as we look to Jesus as our savior, we can kow that all will be made good.
God bless, pickles