A real professional TENS unit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

I've had a bad back for 17 years now. I was prescribed a TENS unit back then. If I didn't have health insurance it would have cost me $700. It finally died the end of January, so I bought a new one on Amazon, quite thrilled they've gone down in price to about $25. Not thrilled when it lasted a whopping three weeks.

And Amazon isn't much into worrying about stuff like pain when it comes to resolving customer problems, so I bought two closer to the one I got in 1999. I used it last night. It was wonderful. It doesn't work tonight.

Does anyone know where I can buy a quality TENS unit that will last for years instead of days or weeks?

Feb 7, 2015
I've had a bad back for 17 years now. I was prescribed a TENS unit back then. If I didn't have health insurance it would have cost me $700. It finally died the end of January, so I bought a new one on Amazon, quite thrilled they've gone down in price to about $25. Not thrilled when it lasted a whopping three weeks.

And Amazon isn't much into worrying about stuff like pain when it comes to resolving customer problems, so I bought two closer to the one I got in 1999. I used it last night. It was wonderful. It doesn't work tonight.

Does anyone know where I can buy a quality TENS unit that will last for years instead of days or weeks?
Have you tried to have the ones you now own repaired? They are relatively simple units, and probably have very little wrong with them.

U

Ultimatum77

TENS Units - Pain Treatment and Relief

If you have the model number handy for the old unit, you may be able to find it on the web/ or a part to replace for it to get the old one to work again....

Probably the best place to get one is a healthcare equipment specialty store....it looks like walgreens and walmart carry them but you may have to buy it online and ship to store???

TENS 7000 To Go Back Pain Relief System - Walmart.com

Omron ElectroTherapy Pain Relief Device | Walgreens

Choicemmed Electronic Pulse Stimulator | Walgreens

D

Depleted

TENS Units - Pain Treatment and Relief

If you have the model number handy for the old unit, you may be able to find it on the web/ or a part to replace for it to get the old one to work again....

Probably the best place to get one is a healthcare equipment specialty store....it looks like walgreens and walmart carry them but you may have to buy it online and ship to store???

TENS 7000 To Go Back Pain Relief System - Walmart.com

Omron ElectroTherapy Pain Relief Device | Walgreens

Choicemmed Electronic Pulse Stimulator | Walgreens
Yeah, those are the TENS units that broke either in three weeks or a day.

Where do I get my old one repaired? I can't find a TENS Unit Repair Shop, and if I knew what was broken, I'd probably know enough to repair it.

U

Ultimatum77

If you've got a model number you can give me, I may be able to find one...im handy with looking up manuals and part #'s for stuff....

N

NewWine

My tens is old, but like your original one would have costed about $600 then. My aunt uses one like this: MPO-5000 Professional 5 Mode Physical Therapy TENS Unit and she likes it? I can't say about the quality or effectiveness myself, because I've never needed to use hers, but she really likes it. It's a bit more costly than the ones on amazon that I've seen, but it's lasted her a while now.
After 2 spinal surgeries, I wouldn't wish back pain on my worst enemy!! I feel for you.
Prayers!!

N

NewWine

Where do I get my old one repaired? I can't find a TENS Unit Repair Shop, and if I knew what was broken, I'd probably know enough to repair it.
A small electronics repairman should be able to help you?

D

Depleted

A small electronics repairman should be able to help you?
I took it to one. Sadly, it's the circuit board and they don't make them like they did in the 1990's so he couldn't repair it.

Feb 7, 2015