A real prophet

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
A real prophet speaks as God desires him to speak. They say what God wants them to say even if they are not excepted, like Jeremiah. They prophesy the word of God to God's people. They don't take no for an answer. They obey God when they are persucuted. They follow the Holy Spirit. They do what God has told them to do. They prophesy that Israel will lose, even though they are God's people. They prophesy blessings and curses, like Moses. They prophesy things in the near future or things that will happen in hundreds of years, like Jesus the promised one. They tell the people the word of God and are often persucuted for the work of God. They prophesy the message of God to His people and are under the anointing of the Holy Ghost. They are usually honored or dishonored by the people. They are believed on in the World by thousands or believed by no one at all. They prophesy things that come in the future. Things that are blessings.

A

AnandaHya

do they always obey God even when they are persecuted?

1 Kings 19

Elijah Escapes from Jezebel

1 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, also how he had executed all the prophets with the sword. 2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.” 3 And when he saw that, he arose and ran for his life, and went to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there.
4 But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he prayed that he might die, and said, “It is enough! Now, LORD, take my life, for I am no better than my fathers!”
5 Then as he lay and slept under a broom tree, suddenly an angel[a] touched him, and said to him, “Arise and eat.” 6 Then he looked, and there by his head was a cake baked on coals, and a jar of water. So he ate and drank, and lay down again. 7 And the angel of the LORD came back the second time, and touched him, and said, “Arise and eat, because the journey is too great for you.” 8 So he arose, and ate and drank; and he went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights as far as Horeb, the mountain of God.
9 And there he went into a cave, and spent the night in that place; and behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and He said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Feb 16, 2011
I believe they do obey God. God didn't tell him not to leave. He did what he thought was best. I believe God uses prophets all the time. For the record, they must obey God. There was the prophet eaten by a lion for going the wrong way home. Prophets must obey God!

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
How do you know if a prophet is legit?

Is it a sin to judge/doubt someone who claims to be a prophet?

Can you give just ONE example of a modern day prophet and his prophecy? Name? His prophecy?

B

Brandon777

I know someone who shows up on Trinity Broadcasting Network TBN that says he's a prophet. He said America wouldn't have a recession... and we had one. So no, he's not legit. He tells people that his prophesies don't always come true. But what use is a prophesy then? Is God a liar? In the OT prophets were NEVER WRONG. Just a thought.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
If a person is truely a Prophet of God they would not be wrong. Their sayings would be total truth.

L

Laodicea

How do you know if a prophet is legit?

Is it a sin to judge/doubt someone who claims to be a prophet?

Can you give just ONE example of a modern day prophet and his prophecy? Name? His prophecy?
There is a thread called '12 Biblical tests of a prophet' it shows tests from the Bible that they must pass