a righteous thing with God to repay

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 21, 2009
2 Thessalonians 1

Amplified Bible (AMP)

6[It is a fair decision] since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with distress and affliction those who distress and afflict you, 7And to [[a]recompense] you who are so distressed and afflicted [by granting you] relief and rest along with us [your fellow sufferers] when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in a flame of fire,
8To deal out retribution (chastisement and vengeance) upon those who do not know or perceive or become acquainted with God, and [upon those] who ignore and refuse to obey the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9Such people will pay the penalty and suffer the punishment of everlasting ruin (destruction and perdition) and eternal exclusion and banishment from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

A

AnandaHya

Dear Heavenly Father we pray that you place in us a heart that does not condemn but strives to save as You Lord Jesus did when you came to Earth to save mankind. We pray and cry out in our torment forgive them Father for they know not what they do. We do not cry out for fairness but from the distress of our heart we cry out for mercy and grace O Lord, forgive them, forgive us. Heal us O God and bring to our minds our transgression so we with humble and contrite hearts may repent and turn from iniquity towards Your upward call. Lord we would all we meet KNOW you, learn the light and love that being in Your presence pours forth in Your children. Help us to glorify Your Holy name and pour forth your love, forgiveness and mercy upon all we meet. Help us speak blessing and life into their life and not condemnation and death. Let us be your arms and shoulders to comfort the weeping. Let our words be the sword to cut the chains of darkness and demons and tearing down of strongholds with the unction from up high may the many blessings and grace of God rain down on the humble of heart. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

May 21, 2009
Dear Heavenly Father we pray that you place in us a heart that does not condemn but strives to save as You Lord Jesus did when you came to Earth to save mankind. We pray and cry out in our torment forgive them Father for they know not what they do. We do not cry out for fairness but from the distress of our heart we cry out for mercy and grace O Lord, forgive them, forgive us. Heal us O God and bring to our minds our transgression so we with humble and contrite hearts may repent and turn from iniquity towards Your upward call. Lord we would all we meet KNOW you, learn the light and love that being in Your presence pours forth in Your children. Help us to glorify Your Holy name and pour forth your love, forgiveness and mercy upon all we meet. Help us speak blessing and life into their life and not condemnation and death. Let us be your arms and shoulders to comfort the weeping. Let our words be the sword to cut the chains of darkness and demons and tearing down of strongholds with the unction from up high may the many blessings and grace of God rain down on the humble of heart. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

Does this work on people who don't believe in it???

Let our words be the sword to cut the chains of darkness and demons and tearing down of strongholds with the unction from up high may the many blessings and grace of God rain down on the humble of heart. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

A

AnandaHya

Does this work on people who don't believe in it???

Let our words be the sword to cut the chains of darkness and demons and tearing down of strongholds with the unction from up high may the many blessings and grace of God rain down on the humble of heart. In Jesus name we pray, amen.
Yes because God reached out to people who were sinners and convicted them of their sin so they might repent. It is through GRACE of God and no work of any man that any are saved. If one has a humble heart it is because GOD made it that way. the thing God hates the MOST is Pride for it hardens the heart. It cause the tongue to curse the rest of the body by condemning others the prideful condemn themselves.

Proverbs 6:16-19
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

Unbelief does not stop God for prayer is more powerful.

Mark 9:24
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

Last edited:
R

Ramon

I cannot glory in the wrath of God, but I do fear it. I would glory in the mercy of God, as I do not want to see ANYONE destroyed.

The gospel of Jesus Christ, is salvation from death and sin. It is more of a space for mourning than for a space for glorying.

If it were the case, God would destroy all of us, but, because of his mercy, he has held off. We should always consider his mercy.

May Jesus bless you.

May 21, 2009
Yes because God reached out to people who were sinners and convicted them of their sin so they might repent. It is through GRACE of God and no work of any man that any are saved. If one has a humble heart it is because GOD made it that way. the thing God hates the MOST is Pride for it hardens the heart. It cause the tongue to curse the rest of the body by condemning others the prideful condemn themselves.

Proverbs 6:16-19
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

Unbelief does not stop God for prayer is more powerful.

Mark 9:24
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

I believe and trust many will repent too if we keep warring for them. They may get left behind but my dear God I pray they don't curse God and remember what we have tried to tell them.

May 21, 2009
I cannot glory in the wrath of God, but I do fear it. I would glory in the mercy of God, as I do not want to see ANYONE destroyed.

The gospel of Jesus Christ, is salvation from death and sin. It is more of a space for mourning than for a space for glorying.

If it were the case, God would destroy all of us, but, because of his mercy, he has held off. We should always consider his mercy.

May Jesus bless you.

He said for us to pray for mercy on everyone. But he talked and told me that. Let the mocking begin. For give them for they know not what they do.