A story I want to share

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 16, 2020
Disclaimer: I heard all of this from my mom, so I don’t know how true it is. Like I know my mom doesn’t lie, but this is a story about a church we don’t go to, but my mom’s friend goes to (Or used to)

So, this story is a bit complicated, but what happened is that my mom’s friend runs this exercise program at a church nearby, Fit for God (We workout to Christian music, mostly just assortment of exercise including Pilates, Cardio, Kettlebell, Workout Videos, etc.), but the pastor’s wife was judging my mom’s friend, and just said a lot of mean stuff. So my mom’s friend decided to leave the church and take her exercise program, Fit for God, with her cause she created everything and has it under her name, I think trademarked is the correct term, but I don’t know, just going off from what I hear my mom say. So anyway, some things happened. First off, I told my mom let’s go to the workout building (My mom has keys to get in) to get workout DVDs because the weather is really hot and it’s hard to go for a walk in hot weather. My mom was able to get one of her favorite DVDs, cause according to my mom, since her friend is leaving the church, she can’t take any of the workout DVDs or the exercise equipment because the church bought it with their money. So it’s like God knew and gave me that idea so that my mom could get her favorite workout DVD. The other thing that happened is that the pastor was doing a lesson, and it was being streamed. The pastor said to my mom’s friend during the lesson: “That we are sorry, please come back”, and said pastor during his lesson told his congregation: “The reason none of us have caught COVID is because I have been praying protection for everyone, through my prayer we are safe”, and then the next day that church got 5 confirmed cases.

Like I said, this is all I heard from my mom and I don’t go to that church, I only went for “Fit for God”, but I don’t think it’s coincidence that all that stuff happened. I think God knew, and he also went ahead and decided to remind the church that God decides what will happen to anyone. Hearing this story has humbled me and warned me to never be too prideful, or it can lead to consequences.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Disclaimer: I heard all of this from my mom, so I don’t know how true it is. Like I know my mom doesn’t lie, but this is a story about a church we don’t go to, but my mom’s friend goes to (Or used to)

So, this story is a bit complicated, but what happened is that my mom’s friend runs this exercise program at a church nearby, Fit for God (We workout to Christian music, mostly just assortment of exercise including Pilates, Cardio, Kettlebell, Workout Videos, etc.), but the pastor’s wife was judging my mom’s friend, and just said a lot of mean stuff. So my mom’s friend decided to leave the church and take her exercise program, Fit for God, with her cause she created everything and has it under her name, I think trademarked is the correct term, but I don’t know, just going off from what I hear my mom say. So anyway, some things happened. First off, I told my mom let’s go to the workout building (My mom has keys to get in) to get workout DVDs because the weather is really hot and it’s hard to go for a walk in hot weather. My mom was able to get one of her favorite DVDs, cause according to my mom, since her friend is leaving the church, she can’t take any of the workout DVDs or the exercise equipment because the church bought it with their money. So it’s like God knew and gave me that idea so that my mom could get her favorite workout DVD. The other thing that happened is that the pastor was doing a lesson, and it was being streamed. The pastor said to my mom’s friend during the lesson: “That we are sorry, please come back”, and said pastor during his lesson told his congregation: “The reason none of us have caught COVID is because I have been praying protection for everyone, through my prayer we are safe”, and then the next day that church got 5 confirmed cases.

Like I said, this is all I heard from my mom and I don’t go to that church, I only went for “Fit for God”, but I don’t think it’s coincidence that all that stuff happened. I think God knew, and he also went ahead and decided to remind the church that God decides what will happen to anyone. Hearing this story has humbled me and warned me to never be too prideful, or it can lead to consequences.
Firstly yay umbreon:love: and also yeah it sounds like this guy was way to full of himself

Aug 16, 2020
Firstly yay umbreon:love: and also yeah it sounds like this guy was way to full of himself
Yeah it does, I never went to the church but hearing the bad stuff the pastor's wife said about my mom's friend was pretty heartbreaking, especially since churches are supposed to welcome in people and not be mean, but I guess the human-ness sometimes gets in the way, hearing this made me realize that pastors are people and they will mess up. Now I'm just wondering what will happen to the "Fit for God" program, since we had a lot of ladies attending and liking the program. If I remember, my mom said her friend is going to get back to running the program once this virus stuff ends, but probably at a different church.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yeah it does, I never went to the church but hearing the bad stuff the pastor's wife said about my mom's friend was pretty heartbreaking, especially since churches are supposed to welcome in people and not be mean, but I guess the human-ness sometimes gets in the way, hearing this made me realize that pastors are people and they will mess up. Now I'm just wondering what will happen to the "Fit for God" program, since we had a lot of ladies attending and liking the program. If I remember, my mom said her friend is going to get back to running the program once this virus stuff ends, but probably at a different church.
Yeah pastors are human as well but the problem is a pastor more so than anyone in the church must show the heart and love of God they more than anyone are accountable to what they say and how they act
I like the idea of the program your mom made though I can see why so many liked it.