A Story Of Hope!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
A STORY OF HOPE!
The smell of smoke filled the air creating a dense ash like fog. The sky covered in dark clouds with thunderous potential. An eerie silence lay over the land like the tired mourner who cried themselves to sleep. Buildings in piles of trash and rubble where a great civilization once stood. A flag still flying high beneath the Heavens. A guitar laying beneath the piles of rubble. A symbol of joy that once occupied the streets of hope. A lone stranger walks over and dusts off the old guitar. The stranger begins to play a desperate type of beat. The sound brings hope, the sound brings life. People emerge from the dark smokey corners of the streets. A man grabs an old rusty trash can where he begins to drum a sound of promise. The sky began to brighten and reflected the scene of beauty. One woman finds her way to the sound bringing her last and only possession. An old battered violin where she raises the bow high and lets out a triumphant sound.

People began to pass the word of a sound reaching out to the dark as a beacon of light. The light began to bring people from all around to gather in the smokey streets filled with rubble. All in search of the sound of hope. A lonely man dressed in tattered clothes stained with dirt and blood. The man had lost his arm in the war but never lost his voice. The man took off his cover and saluted the flag. He began to sing in chorus with the ragtag band. He started with words," I am broken, I am weak, you O God have saved me." The band played while the people cried tears of hope and joy. Soon the tears grew into cheers that shook the remaining panels of glass.

A spark of mankind grew into a ravaging fire. Men and woman began to rebuild what was lost. Hand in hand they helped the weak and radiated the light of Christ. No one could deny the peace and joy of the savior. The band continued to play the love of God as people poured into this city from miles around. The beacon of smoke began to be smothered and instead the beacon of God rose from the ashes. Brick by brick they rebuilt and soon laughter echoed in the streets. Children began to play as if time had only stood still waiting for someone to break the silence.

The story multiplied in distance giving hope to all who heard. People began to bow and worship God like never before. They cried out in unity for God to save this nation. Sinners once lost found forgiveness in a savior. One spark began a revival, a revival created a new beginning. A hope in a God who can do all things. Our great Lord you are King Amen!​
-RS​

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
lovely! Really well worded and painted a very encouraging picture as I read through. Reminded me of the determination of those rebuilding the walls in Nehemiah in a way,
Mingled with the faith of the tiny army of Gideon, blowing trumpets and shouting and
lighting the torches on the hilltops as though they were the greatest army that ever lived, Also Israel making the final March and joyfully Cheering and shouting to bring those walls of Jericho down in the book of Joshua. :)

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
lovely! Really well worded and painted a very encouraging picture as I read through. Reminded me of the determination of those rebuilding the walls in Nehemiah in a way,
Mingled with the faith of the tiny army of Gideon, blowing trumpets and shouting and
lighting the torches on the hilltops as though they were the greatest army that ever lived, Also Israel making the final March and joyfully Cheering and shouting to bring those walls of Jericho down in the book of Joshua. :)
Thank you, I think of these words

Nehemiah 1:7-9
7 We have offended you deeply, failing to keep the commandments, the statutes, and the ordinances that you commanded your servant Moses. 8 Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples; 9 but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are under the farthest skies, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place at which I have chosen to establish my name.’

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Thank you, I think of these words

Nehemiah 1:7-9
7 We have offended you deeply, failing to keep the commandments, the statutes, and the ordinances that you commanded your servant Moses. 8 Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, ‘If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples; 9 but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are under the farthest skies, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place at which I have chosen to establish my name.’
Very apt :)