A testimony, the power of the Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
By now, all of you should know of my stance in the importance of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

When I was first captured by Jesus, about 17 years ago, I was placed firmly in His grasp. He was my teacher and my comfort, my confessor, my guide, my heart, my conscience.

I was active in much to do with the church. I wrote what I heard from Him and shared with many these things. I was happy, for the first time in my life, full of joy from above. Those were the best days of my life.

I grew close to some, sharing my deepest feelings and my hearts desire for us in the Lord.

These took what I had said and twisted it out of its meaning, and caused me great shame and grief. I felt betrayed. Then, I had heart trouble, and things changed. I slipped away from walking with the Spirit. Oh, He was still there, and at times He would convict me. But I was not walking in Him.

Now, for His reasons, I am again wanting to walk in Him, to live in His light. This group is a part of that. Much more prayer is the most part.

I am amazed at His power to shape the heart that is open to Him, all over again, just as in the beginning.

If I am open and listening, He will show me in very definite ways, what I have done to displease Him, in a way which changes my heart from the inside, to despise that very action or thought. Literally despise them. If He convicts, it is in such a way that I hate the thing of conviction just as He does!

Today, I was shown this power again, stronger than ever. The tax man was by, and he asked me a simple question, how long was something. I fudged the number, just a little, in my behalf. The tax man knew, and then the Holy Spirit convicted me, and for the rest of today, He has been showing me the results of lies, any lies, and how much no lie can be of the truth. And He has changed my heart to see lies, all lies, as the hateful things that they are. And I am growing to hate lies, especially those that are in me, as He does.

I love the Holy Spirit.

L

Lauren

Great testimony, VW.

I too slipped away from walking in the Spirit and am now just coming back. I've found my time walking in my flesh has somewhat dulled me to the conviction and correction of the Holy Spirit; I pray that sensitivity to the spirit returns to me. There was a time in the youth of my salvation that the conviction of even the smallest sins was so loud, so clear in my spirit, but my time "away" hardened my heart somewhat to that prompting.

It was encouraging to read your testimony as it reminded me that I can once again be in the spirit myself.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Great testimony, VW.

I too slipped away from walking in the Spirit and am now just coming back. I've found my time walking in my flesh has somewhat dulled me to the conviction and correction of the Holy Spirit; I pray that sensitivity to the spirit returns to me. There was a time in the youth of my salvation that the conviction of even the smallest sins was so loud, so clear in my spirit, but my time "away" hardened my heart somewhat to that prompting.

It was encouraging to read your testimony as it reminded me that I can once again be in the spirit myself.
You will gain that sensitivity to Him. For a time after returning to Him, I worried that I would not gain this. He builds this sensitivity in us. Why? Because He does not force us, but rather gently convicts us, with God's righteousness. I believe that this is why He is called the Holy Spirit.

In His perfect love and peace,

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
He knows that if He convicted us as some who have knowledge do, that we would harden our hearts to Him. I am always amazed at how He knows my heart, and just how much pressure to put on my heart, to bring about the greatest change in my inner man, to conform him to Christ, in the best way as only God could do.

L

lil-rush

He knows that if He convicted us as some who have knowledge do, that we would harden our hearts to Him. I am always amazed at how He knows my heart, and just how much pressure to put on my heart, to bring about the greatest change in my inner man, to conform him to Christ, in the best way as only God could do.
My mom told me once that God would never force us to do something we are not ready to do. When I think about that, it amazes me how God can convict us just enough to draw us back to Him without making us resentful.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
My mom told me once that God would never force us to do something we are not ready to do. When I think about that, it amazes me how God can convict us just enough to draw us back to Him without making us resentful.
He really is the best. I have come to understand that the stronger conviction we are able to bear, the more conviction He can make us feel in our hearts, shows that we are maturing in Him. It is the goal of the Spirit to bring us into fellowship with the Father. This is just not something we can get our natural minds around. He has His job cut out for Him, because meeting the Father in the spirit is an experience. Meeting Jesus as He is now, face to face, is likewise an experience, as John found out. We really will live with Him and be with Him, as His bride, forever.