a word of encouragement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theWaytobegin

Even when the going gets tough as singles, we've still got Jesus!!! Every day I am blown away thinking of His love for me. I've been reading Song of Songs lately & the bridegroom relationship we have with Christ is still completely mind-boggling. His love is amazing :) I'm still wrapping my head around the romantic side of God. It's hard to think of it that way sometimes, but God really is a romantic- just read Song of Songs- or maybe just consider that He DIED for us. I've always loved the thought of a man loving me so much that he would die for me if he had to. But Jesus didn't have to... & He still did... & yet it takes so much to embrace the romantic relationship with Him. Hmm. (Sorry, rabbit trail.)
I still get discouraged as a single because God has said Himself "it is not good for man to be alone". He made us to love others for that reason, because there are aspects of romantic relationship on earth that even He cannot satisfy. But there are also things in our lives as singles that can ONLY be satisfied by Him. The peace that transcends all understanding can ONLY be supplied by Him. The grace that we have all been covered by ONLY comes from Him.

Lord, I pray for all the singles on this forum, that we would live lives holy unto You, taking every opportunity to further our relationship with You, unhindered by the distractions that come with romantic relationships. Lord, show us every day Your amazing love; show us Your divine plan for our lives. Let us use our time as singles to focus wholly on You & to trust that You will bring "the one" into each of our lives in Your perfect timing. Until that day, Jesus, wrap Your arms around us that we may remember that You are the Lover of our souls. In Your precious name I pray, Jesus. Amen.

Pardizzle

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
I know this may have been meant to be a 'one-time post' to encourage others? But, I would like to take my best shot at reviving this thread! There may be more recent posts similar to this, but reguardless, I think everyone needs a 'word of encouragement' from time to time......so let me start by saying that no matter what you may be going through at the moment, there are reasons to not be discouraged.......
1. God is in complete control!
2. God has already gone before us and conquered whatever may be worrying you!
3. In time, this too shall pass!

Now, this does not mean that everything will work out the way we want it to, but I can assure you that God knows what's best for us, and He is a faithful and trustworthy God!

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."