AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) is Satanic!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
It seems someone is using that identity if it isn't the true owner. I received email from them What intent on their part is uncertain.
The admin sends out a monthly request for donations. If that's who it is, then I wouldn't worry about it. He goes by "Robo op". I know the handle sounds like a scam since it has the name Robo in it, but that would likely be the one who sends that out each month.

I got a suspicious and pushy request for personal info from some dude claiming to be from Africa when I signed up. Other than that, it's been uneventful. Others, like Magenta, have been here a long time and would probably have heard of scams over the years.

P

persistent

God's Word surely says all are unrighteous, born enemies to God and hostile
toward Him. That includes those who pretend otherwise, such as akadorothy.

Born that way, despite her insisting otherwise.
If this aka were legit, not just some vindictive person, I can see having a hard time accepting 'born that way' as Gods' Word. I find it to be hard to accept too.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If this aka were legit, not just some vindictive person, I can see having a hard time accepting 'born that way' as Gods' Word. I find it to be hard to accept too.
I suppose it comes down to whether you believe we are in need of being born again
due to being dead in our trespasses and sin. <= People are born that way.

Ephesians 2:4-7

I saw some talk while perusing this thread (? I think it was this thread)
of not finding the gospel in the big book of AA. :) It is true that the big
book of AA is not the Bible, but that does not negate the fact that the
steps are founded on Spiritual principles with their roots in the Bible.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Went to a few AA meetings years ago. I don't recall anything satanic happening.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"And many have profited from the *Big Book* principles! (AMEN!) And I have witnessed this to be, from personal experience,
and from many others in real time, real heart felt and tear-jerking testimonies, and many tears from the listeners
Alcoholics Anonymous 'roundup' with hundreds around the country coming together with love and hugs, fellowship
and sharing food, fun and laughter, and often heartfelt tears, and all this is something to behold, believe it.
And a prevalent spiritual atmosphere was there.
'Go to a 'church thing' and tell me if there is a true spiritual atmosphere and of any personal testimonies of how their

complacent lives have found new hope and a changed life..,sure, tell me quick.... I can wait.
(Thank God, years ago my sponsor took me to a 'Roundup' and it was awesome! An experience to behold!)

'Far more prevalent than witnesses from those that "spew their own 'gospel'"!
"The 'gospel' has been so fragmented there is no wonder many souls searching and/or in need of spiritual
nourishment...undoubtably many have left here with empty hearts and a sense of defeat.
"Negligence from those that 'study the Bible' are many. Not intended to come off as 'tough words'...
Obviously, a serious spiritual problem being prevalent in many social media outlets." prayer - Copy - Copy.jpg

tenor9IYMK91O.gif

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I don't see the 12-step recovery model any more or less Satanically inspired than any other humanistic philosophy. I do see one major problem however; that is, the disease angle. AA teaches that alcoholism is a disease that has no cure; the only way to combat it is to "keep coming back" (to meetings).

I don't believe alcoholism is a disease; but even if it is, there is a cure: His name is the Son of God. Addiction is more like an OCD type of a disorder than a disease. You can't treat any condition without first make the proper diagnosis.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't see the 12-step recovery model any more or less Satanically inspired than any other humanistic philosophy. I do see one major problem however; that is, the disease angle. AA teaches that alcoholism is a disease that has no cure; the only way to combat it is to "keep coming back" (to meetings).

I don't believe alcoholism is a disease; but even if it is, there is a cure: His name is the Son of God. Addiction is more like an OCD type of a disorder than a disease. You can't treat any condition without first make the proper diagnosis.
OCD is a neurological condition
There are two types of addiction, a physical addiction and a psychological addiction
Anyone who has ever quit smoking can witness to the fact that nicotine is a physical addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are quite unpleasant
Also I'm still not seeing any evidence that AA satanic

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Also just because something is secular, that doesn't necessarily mean it translates to satanic. That makes about as much sense as saying fruit loops or satanic because they're not called Jesus loops

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
Satan and his demons ALL have fooled the world by their DECEPTOLOGY!!! I've herd stories of members still taken drugs and having sex with each other and much more......

All roads lead to Rome (Mystery Babylon).

It is clear when the Father opens your eyes and His Spirit leads you into all Truth, you begin to see that the enemy uses every opportunity to bring you into a club, organization, or false church whereby he can lead, by whatever degree, your trajectory away from the True knowledge of salvation Found in the Son of GOD, Jesus Christ.

This is Eternal Life, to Know GOD the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.