ABC Network bashes the Word of God :-(

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kimber321

Jan 31, 2011
This was sent to me in an email and I checked it on snopes. I also sent an email to ABC...I mean, really??? :-(

snopes.com: Jim Neugent -- The Practice

Jim Neugent A Coach In Mena, ARK
Writes To ABC Network --Jim Writes:

My name is Jim Neugent. I wrote to ABC (on-line) concerning a program called 'THE PRACTICE.' In last nights episode, one of the lawyer's mothers decided she is gay and wanted her son to go to court and help her get a marriage license so she could marry her 'partner.' I sent the following letter to ABC yesterday and really did not expect a reply, but I did get one.

My original message was:

ABC is obsessed with the subject of homosexuality. I will no longer watch any of your attempts to convince the world that homosexuality is OK. ' THE PRACTICE' can be a fairly good show, but last night's program
was so typical of your agenda. You picked the 'dufus' of the office to be the one who was against the idea of his mother being gay, and made him look like a whiner because he had convictions. This type of mentality calls people like me a 'gay basher.'

Read the first chapter of Romans (that's in the Bible); and see what the apostle Paul had to say about it...... He, God and Jesus were all 'gay bashers'. What if she'd fallen in love with her cocker spaniel? Is that an alternative life style? (By the way, the Bible speaks against that, too.)
--Jim Neugent

Here is ABC's reply from the ABC on-line webmaster:

How about getting your nose out of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says 'All Men are Created equal,' and try treating them that way for a change!

Or better yet, try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your lame crutch for your existence. You are in the minority in this country, and your boycott will not affect us at ABC or our freedom of statement.

Jim Neugent's second response to ABC:

Thanks for your reply. From your harsh reply, evidently I hit a nerve. I will share it with all with whom I come in contact. Hopefully, the Arkansas Democrat Newspaper will include it in one of their columns and I will be praying for you.

- -Jim Neugent- -

Note: Wouldn't Satan just love it if people stopped using the Bible for a crutch?
Please resend this to everyone in your mailbox.

Jim Neugent

S

simplymeganne

I can't say I don't agree with HIM. I'm a Christian, yes. But this is America. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of two consenting adults to do whatever they want. Why do you care? Just shut off ABC then! This had no direct connection to YOUR life.

Boycott ABC and let it go so that people like me can continue to see the gay couples on TV that I love.

S

simplymeganne

I mean, yes, he was rude to you. And that's never okay. He shouldn't have bashed christianity or anything, but honestly, I would've been just as hostile if it were me. I got pissed just reading what you wrote to him. It's none of your business what a network puts on TV. The only thing you can do is turn it off.

Jul 24, 2010
smplymeganne, Jim wrote the letter, not the person who started this topic. You're getting mad at the person who shared the story, not the person who wrote the letter lol

Feb 16, 2011
They have the right to put gays on tv and we have the right to speak out against it. The secular world is lost. It is to be expected that they will display their ignorance. We should disagree with what they show in their reprobateness but we should not be suprised. We really have a great influence as Christians. We could put ABC on crutches if Christians were not so luke warm in the USA. Sadly most Christians continue to watch the mess on tv. I personaly do not own a tv because we do not watch the filthy mess. Christians in the USA are luke warm and television is most of the problem. They need the Bible and prayer to clean their minds from what they are watching.

Dec 25, 2009
was the product of an overzealous (employee) overstepping his authority without authorization
Yeah, the article you linked to isn't even putting the blame on ABC.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Christians are the minority???? I doubt that......

R

rainacorn

Isn't ABC the same network with Good Christian B-words? All about how awful, petty and superficial Christians are?

There is no way they care about this boycott. Boycotts give them free promotion. They will not lose advertisers or viewers over this and that's really all that matters to them.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Sadly, our pop culture has gotten to the point that if it is not dirty, obscene, or vulgar, people do not find it entertaining. Within the next couple decades it will all be reduced to crotch shots and flatulance jokes.

Kimber321

Jan 31, 2011
Wowwwwww....Didn't realize I was getting so hollered at. lololol Is what I get for posting in the forums, I suppose. TY for the post and for letting me know, Dude :)

Feb 9, 2007
Might wanna write em back and ask him if he understands what the constitution was based on? And many of the foundational pillars of the USA?

Kimber321

Jan 31, 2011
Hey, bro. How do you find out that the article is inaccurate? I mean, I snopes'd it and emailed ABC, who didn't respond. So the snopes is wrong? Just really curious as it isn't my wish to spread incorrect info. Thank you so much for spreading the love, bro. :)

D

djness

Hey, bro. How do you find out that the article is inaccurate? I mean, I snopes'd it and emailed ABC, who didn't respond. So the snopes is wrong? Just really curious as it isn't my wish to spread incorrect info. Thank you so much for spreading the love, bro. :)
If you click on your link in your original post you can see the entire story and ABCs reply.

B

BuddyBoy

The most disturbing thing is that People actually watch ABC.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
I am pretty sure he was referring to biblical literalists and not Christians in general. Biblical literalists are the minority.

S

suriturbo

What's there for you to doubt?Bible beliveing christians are in fact in the minority.I think your confusing luke warm christians and people who identify themselves as christians,for being the real thing.Even on this thread,you have someone in their post that states,they are a christian.Yet in the same post,they are coming down on a christian who decided to write ABC,and stand up for what is right.That person did that by making it clear that God views homosexuality as a sin.The person even gave them a scritpure to read as proff.Standing up for God's word is never wrong.In matter of fact,that's what christians are suppose to do.There is suppose to be a big difference between christians and the rest of the world.Were suppose to be light that oppose to the world is in darkness.Real christians are in the minority.