Ability to hide individual comments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I think it would be useful if we could hide comments we don't want to see, like you can on facebook. Just saying.

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
Isn't that what the ignore button does? - i.e. blot out all discourse from those u have major disagreement with...how are u going to hide comments u don't want to see unless u see 'em first?...maybe i'm missing somfing...

Aug 2, 2009
Isn't that what the ignore button does? - i.e. blot out all discourse from those u have major disagreement with...how are u going to hide comments u don't want to see unless u see 'em first?...maybe i'm missing somfing...
Ignore makes you not see anything that the person posts ever. If someone simply posts a picture of something you think is gross or maybe too provocative, there is no way to hide that from view.... AND if it is on a thread that you like to check on then you will have to see it everytime you go to that thread.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You could just report the picture and ask that it be removed..

Sep 23, 2018
I support this suggestion. I agree that while being patient is good, there should be a way to hide posts that you don't wish to see, without blocking a person. The best I can suggest instead of changing the site, is to add an add-blocker to your web-browser and hiding images that way. Depending on the program or add-on, you can hide certain images just by right clicking them.