Abortian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

juliet84

Pls provide proof from the scripture. id like to know more about it.

C

Cako53

Pls provide proof from the scripture. id like to know more about it.
Exodus 20:13 "You shall not murder."

Deuteronmy 5:17 "You shall not murder."

The bible is quite clear.

J

juliet84

so tell me, is it a sin to abort a baby if the baby is harmful to the mother?

C

Cako53

so tell me, is it a sin to abort a baby if the baby is harmful to the mother?
YES! The bible doesn't say differently. It doesn't give you different options, murder is murder. Sins is sin. This is very black and white. There is nothing up for debate, it is very straightforward.

J

juliet84

I dont think you understand the Bible completely. God is not cruel. He is Forgiving.

C

Cako53

I dont think you understand the Bible completely. God is not cruel. He is Forgiving.
I honestly don't think you are understanding it. God HATES sin. He didn't send his son so we could have a license to sin.

D

DABEARS85

Juliet... as much as I wanna agree with you, scripture shows that abortion is wrong. The reason? It clearly states life starts at conception (or even before this, but I won't get into it)... and so it would be murder. I think God is who decides who gets pregnant or not, so if you got pregnant during a rape case.... I think the best option would be give the child up for adoption. It wouldn't be the child's fault.

The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations (Jeremiah 1:4-5).

Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done? (Proverbs 24:11-12).

Even the jackals offer their breasts to nurse their young, but my people have become heartless like ostriches in the desert.
(Lamentations 4:3)

Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? (Micah 6:7)

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your children may live, and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice and hold fast to him. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:13-16)

etc etc etc......

Basically, what this means is that although rape is wrong, killing the baby is also wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. It isn't the baby's fault, and God had a plan for the baby before he was even born. Adoption is a far better option.

J

juliet84

Thanks hun. This is clear.

J

juliet84

lol,....funny cako,...yayyy for u the evidence is there in the Bible!!!! :)

A

asamanthinketh

some women work so hard doing anything and everything within their power just to have a child, they invest large amounts of money, they go to all kinds of doctors, they follow alll kinds of programs and procedures for gettting pregnanat and sometimes they are succesful and sometimes they are not

and then their is a woman who has gotten pregnant so easily and she wants to abort that child.

at least carry the child and then you do not want it and can not take care of it, give it over for adoption