?? about a 13 year old special needs child gave

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

paulawest

Hello yall.. i have a ?? i hope maybe you can help me with my little sister best friend is a teacher for special needs childern and yesterday a child in her class gave her a post it note with these bible verses ...The child said it was from his Father...What do you think and should she tell the school about it??? She is a little worried...
HERE They are....also he made sure to say it was from the (NIV bible)

Numbers - 23: 22 God brought them out of Egypt;
they have the strength of a wild ox.
Numbers - 24:8 "God brought them out of Egypt;
They devour hostile nations
and break their bones in pieces;
with their arrows they pierce them.
Deuteronomy - 33:17 In majesty he is like a firstborn bull;
his horns are the horns of a wild ox.
With them he will gore the nations,
even those at the ends of the earth.
Such are the ten thousands of Ephraim;
such are the thousands of Manasseh."
Job - 39:9 "Will the wild ox consent to serve you?
Will he stay by your manger at night?
Job - 39:10 Can you hold him to the furrow with a harness?
Will he till the valleys behind you?

Psalm - 22:21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save [d] me from the horns of the wild oxen

psalm - 29:6 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon

Psalm - 92:10 You have exalted my horn [a] like that of a wild ox;
fine oils have been poured upon me.

Isaiah - 34:7 And the wild oxen will fall with them,
the bull calves and the great bulls.
Their land will be drenched with blood,
and the dust will be soaked with fat.

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah - report it immediately

P

paulawest

Thank you i will tell her to do so today

G

greatkraw

i think it should be ignored

Feb 3, 2010
i think it should be ignored
Teachers are mandated reporters - if it turns out that this child is being abused - this will be viewed as a cry for help and the teacher will be held legally liable.

G

greatkraw

Teachers are mandated reporters - if it turns out that this child is being abused - this will be viewed as a cry for help and the teacher will be held legally liable.
how are those verses evidence of abuse?

it is evidence of someone with a barrow ro push - not sure what

P

paulawest

This took alot of thinking and i dont belive the child with the specail needs could have put all this togather..What do you think of all the veres talking about the ox and what do you think of it

Feb 3, 2010
how are those verses evidence of abuse?

it is evidence of someone with a barrow ro push - not sure what
Of course, one again - I never said what you are claiming that I said.

If you would read my posts carefully - without reacting in a knee-jerking fashion, you would save yourself a lot of misunderstanding.

I said - if the authorities - police, ever find out that the kid is being abused - EVER, and the kid tells them that he/she tried to tell his teacher - that teacher is legally liable for not reporting it.

In fact, the kid never even has to tell the police for the teacher to get in trouble - if the police find abuse and in the course of their investigation interview the teacher - the teacher would have to lie because if she shows the police the verses - I guarantee the police will view it as a cry for help and the teacher could be prosecuted.

Unless you are a mandated reporter, don't give advice in an area you do not understand. You think you are sticking up for the Lord, when in fact you are setting up a teacher to get in trouble with the law

G

giantone

I would definitely keep the school out of it. It's very likely the parent is religious and wanted to share some knowledge with his child, those verses don't look like a cry for help at all to me. I would keep the power hungry so-called child protectors out of this. If it seemed like abuse or something bad I would tell someone even the teacher.

The reason I say that is I hear so many bad things about those child protection people. Once a mother was threatened to have her delinquent son who really needed to be taken away to another home The government person said were going to take him away, and the mom said take him and the government worker said" no,no no, I was just kidding." Some of them are only on a power hungry kick.

I suppose if you hear a few bad stories it creates a bad image even if those people aren't as bad as I think.

G

giantone

This took alot of thinking and i dont belive the child with the specail needs could have put all this togather..What do you think of all the veres talking about the ox and what do you think of it
Numbers - 23: 22 God brought them out of Egypt;

This is a blessing Balaam said over Israel, even though he wanted to curse Israel.

Numbers - 24:8 "God brought them out of Egypt;
They devour hostile nations
and break their bones in pieces;
with their arrows they pierce them. another blessing same thing
Deuteronomy - 33:17 In majesty he is like a firstborn bull;
his horns are the horns of a wild ox.
With them he will gore the nations,
even those at the ends of the earth.
Such are the ten thousands of Ephraim;
such are the thousands of Manasseh
This one sounds like the same blessing
Job - 39:9 "Will the wild ox consent to serve you?
Will he stay by your manger at night?
Job - 39:10 Can you hold him to the furrow with a harness?
Will he till the valleys behind you?
To me this one seems to say the untamed (wild) ox is strong but what good is it if (God) dosent control it.

Psalm - 22:21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save [d] me from the horns of the wild oxen I don't know but it's something good, I can sense it. I would guess it means guide the wild oxen to save me.

psalm - 29:6 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon
similar thing, the voice of the Lord command the wild oxen

Psalm - 92:10 You have exalted my horn [a] like that of a wild ox;
fine oils have been poured upon me. thanking God for His power.

Isaiah - 34:7 And the wild oxen will fall with them,
the bull calves and the great bulls.
Their land will be drenched with blood,
and the dust will be soaked with fat.
God's judgement performed through His wild ox.
He should use the King James Bible though.

Last edited:
G

giantone

I think it's interesting the first verses mention Balaam, someone with a seducing spirit wanting to control the fate of Israel, God wouldn't let him. That same theme is implied throughout. Man wanting to tell the wild beast what to do when it is really God who performs the outcome.

P

paulawest

Now thats a great way...Thanks

Jan 31, 2009
my first thought was wow that must have been a really BIG "post it Note" and I am getting that there is something ( not sure of whom) but something phoney( or made up about the whole story). the kids dad could be a preacher or teacher, and that could have been His notes for a sermon, then you call the authorites and as usually all religious freaks are terrorist. But you know, why would a teacher seek advice, from a little girl's best friend , so I am going back to my first thought that was a really big 'Post-it-note" and I would just leave it alone if it were me . and head to wal-marts to find some of those really big post-it notes

P

paulawest

Thanks pastor Keith,
I looked them up in the order they were written down..the post it note only had the verses on it.But you may be right this might be something the father was working on..But some BIG post it notes would be nice.

S

socperkins

... But you know, why would a teacher seek advice, from a little girl's best friend ...
I thought that too at first until I realized that the original poster is 43 :p. Her little sister could be anywhere from 1-42.

You bring up a good point though Thad - what if the child's parent is a preacher and that was a sermon note? Not only are they going to have to re-write their sermon but now the police are going to be investigating.

Jan 31, 2009
well the words my little sister, put me in assumption of a small child, thank you for very helpful thought, but yeah that would make a really great sermon, how even as great strength that we think of a bull or oxen having God is greater and stronger than That, and can even contol that massive beast

S

sunshine_debbie

Is there something about this child and his previous behavior that makes the teacher nervous other then the verses? Also why would this teacher be sharing all of this with you and your sister? Is that a breach in confidentiality or what?

I understand about mandated reporting as I am on. I have worked with Children & Youth Services for most of my working career and if all you have are those verses on a post it, I PROMISE YOU , it will go nowhere.

Why is this teacher so concerned, is there more to this story that we arent hearing, there has to be. Verses on a post it note can not concern a public school teacher who have children who come to school with bruises and no socks and no coats in the winter and sleep and are dirty and have no lunch money.

Debbie

M

MaggieMye

Let's use some WISDOM here!! The child is special needs. The child is excited about God and wants to share that important aspect of his/her life. IF...and I do mean IF...the teacher is WISE, she will thank the child and explain that there are rules about talking about Christian (not witchcraft, voodoo, Islam, etc, mind you) teachings during school hours. This can be done without hurting the child's feelings, which is important. It is the teacher's option to discuss these things after school hours.

Maggie, a Special Education Teacher, Born again, spirit filled.

L

lighthousejohn

As is the custom in most schools, the teacher jerks her knee and runs around yelling "abuse' abuse". The next thing that happens is Child services comes and removes the children from the home while an investigation is conducted. I know because I have had to deal with this in my congrgation. A father spanked (2 swats across the butt) his daughter (9 years old) for lieng. The child told her teacher "My dad hit me twice". The teacher told the principal who reported it to to Cildrens services and the children were removed from the home and placed in foster care for 2 momths. The parents had to hire a lawyer to get heir kids back to a tune of $5000.00.

I believe this is purely innocent. The child could be proud of what her parent is doing and just wanted to show and tell her teacher about. Until their is solid evidence of abuse. Don't report it.