About to teach a series on the Armor of God.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
Yes just checking because some believe we are to just sit on the sidelines always praying with no action on our part as in the culture. They basically say the end will come and God's will, will be done regardless.
I understand what you're saying and I do agree that some people do have an attitude that there is nothing we can or need to do but sit and wait.

However, to stand and withstand is not sitting on the sidelines. Standing and withstanding is actually having our faith firmly rooted in the truth of God's Word and not allowing the adversary to gain an advantage. Standing and withstanding against the onslaught of lies we see and hear in our day and time is actively engaging in the spiritual battle we face against the wiles of the devil. We are fully covered with God's protective gear and we have our sword with which we speak truth to expose the lies of the adversary.

While it may appear that we are just sitting on the sidelines (praying with no action), prayer is actually very vital on our part. Read through the gospels and take note of how the Lord Jesus Christ would go off by Himself to take time to pray. If there was ever one single person who did not need to pray, it was the Lord Jesus Christ. However, He prayed all the time ... which is an indicator that maybe if we would take time to bring everything to Father before we acted, we'd save ourselves a lot of trouble and heartache.

I think that once you are finished with your study of this section of Scripture, you might just find that prayer is a truly profound and necessary element in our daily life and that to fully arm ourselves with the armor of God before we pray is of utmost importance.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I understand what you're saying and I do agree that some people do have an attitude that there is nothing we can or need to do but sit and wait.

However, to stand and withstand is not sitting on the sidelines. Standing and withstanding is actually having our faith firmly rooted in the truth of God's Word and not allowing the adversary to gain an advantage. Standing and withstanding against the onslaught of lies we see and hear in our day and time is actively engaging in the spiritual battle we face against the wiles of the devil. We are fully covered with God's protective gear and we have our sword with which we speak truth to expose the lies of the adversary.

While it may appear that we are just sitting on the sidelines (praying with no action), prayer is actually very vital on our part. Read through the gospels and take note of how the Lord Jesus Christ would go off by Himself to take time to pray. If there was ever one single person who did not need to pray, it was the Lord Jesus Christ. However, He prayed all the time ... which is an indicator that maybe if we would take time to bring everything to Father before we acted, we'd save ourselves a lot of trouble and heartache.

I think that once you are finished with your study of this section of Scripture, you might just find that prayer is a truly profound and necessary element in our daily life and that to fully arm ourselves with the armor of God before we pray is of utmost importance.
Not really what I meant. But I suppose I'll just use scripture to get my point.

James 2:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.