Abraham's conversation with God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bistra

"Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing .....?"... "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great ,and because their sin is very grave ,I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to me;and if not,I will know"..
Genesis 18

Many times in my life when something will happen and I know about it I remember God's desire to be frank with His friend Abraham.I am respected and impresed and many times inspired to be frank with my darlings too.
I can see God's thoughts..
And God shared "I have known him(Abraham).." Genesis 18:19..
I think God's words after that showed God's desire to be known by Abraham too..
Genesis 18:23
Abraham came near and said,"Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked?.."
How wonderful is that Abraham could come near God!!
Sometimes the problems in my life make me distrustful and cooped up in my heart to my Lord.And I can't come near like Abraham..But it is such nice and such encouraging exampel how God wants to be known through our problems and questions.
Abraham passed through one useful dialogue which helped him to see clearer and deeper His God.
What kind of God is God in Who Abraham believed?!
The conversation helped not only Abraham but us!
Oh,my Lord thank You for encouragement to come near You in my questions and troubles.
You have known me and want to be known by me..Thank You
Bistra

Jan 31, 2009

"Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing .....?"... "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great ,and because their sin is very grave ,I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to me;and if not,I will know"..
Genesis 18

Many times in my life when something will happen and I know about it I remember God's desire to be frank with His friend Abraham.I am respected and impresed and many times inspired to be frank with my darlings too.
I can see God's thoughts..
And God shared "I have known him(Abraham).." Genesis 18:19..
I think God's words after that showed God's desire to be known by Abraham too..
Genesis 18:23
Abraham came near and said,"Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked?.."
How wonderful is that Abraham could come near God!!
Sometimes the problems in my life make me distrustful and cooped up in my heart to my Lord.And I can't come near like Abraham..But it is such nice and such encouraging exampel how God wants to be known through our problems and questions.
Abraham passed through one useful dialogue which helped him to see clearer and deeper His God.
What kind of God is God in Who Abraham believed?!
The conversation helped not only Abraham but us!
Oh,my Lord thank You for encouragement to come near You in my questions and troubles.
You have known me and want to be known by me..Thank You
Bistra
great post but I am not sure we can know the thoughts of GodIsa 55:8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.Isa 55:9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Jan 8, 2009
Those thoughts in Isa 55:8 are probably spoken to wicked people, i.e. the natural man, as we see the context in verse 7. The righteous should have the mind of Christ.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 2:15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged by no one.
1Co 2:16 For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Christians have the Holy Spirit joined to their spirit so unless we shut off our mind to our spirit and don't walk in the Spirit then we can have the thoughts of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.