Abuse in the church-defending your faith.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SantoSubito

I think that people are just as likely to be pedophiles in any faith, however the Catholics come to the for front of the issue because they attempt to cover it up
Really it's simpler than that since very few bishops attempted to cover it up. The Catholic Church is a monolith, and that makes it easy to attack in the media.

J

jkalyna

Telling them that the faith is faith in God and not in humans, that faith is a personal relationship only with God and nobody else. Humans will always make mistakes but God is always good and wise and heal our wounds and gives us strenght.
TRUE AND THANK YOU FOR SAYING TRUTH. THE CHURCH IS NOT LIKE IT WAS WHEN JESUS WAS ON EARTH. HE WAS A ORTHODOX RABBI, WHAT ARE WE TODAY? THE BIBLE SAYS, WHEN WE ACCEPT JESUS, WE ARE COMPLETED JEWS. THE YEARS I WENT TO CHURCH NO ONE KNEW THE INDEPTH TEACHINGS OF THE BOOKS, ISAIAH, OR ANY OF THE OTHERS, I HEARD PLENTY TALK ABOUT MONIES EVERY WEEK. THE CHRISTIAN BECOMES WEAK, AND WILL NOT SURVIVE THE ATTACKS FROM EVIL LISTENING TO JUNK FOOD. MOST OF THE MEAT OF THE WORD I LEARNED WAS FROM THE MESSIANIC RABBI'S OR TEACHERS. WHO ACCEPTED JESUS, AND CONTINUE TO TEACH THE WORD FROM GENESIS. TO KNOW JESUS IS TO SIT AT HIS FEET, NOT TO PROSTRATE YOURSELF BEFORE NO MAN ON THIS EARTH. JESUS IS MY HIGH PRIEST ONLY. PERIOD AND END OF STORY.:eek:

P

psychomom

Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
Romans 12:15

weep with those who weep...perhaps this is a good place to start?

G

GirlJob

I didn't read all the responses, but I usually say I don't follow that behavior. I follow Jesus Christ. I also say something like people are sinners and not everyone attends church to have a better relationship with God, many have personal agendas, like just keeping their status in the community. Also the church allows all walks of life, the devil is the master at deception so it is very easy for a smooth talker to become apart of the clergy. Just me, but I have pedophiles in my family so I can believe they would be anywhere even church. Even a church that is not Catholic. That's why parents need to be more protective of their children.