Abused

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cabbage

When I was 13, I got involved with church. It was right after my mother had gotten lung cancer, I had gotten saved, and then she was healed. I started singing in the choir, joined the church, got baptized, served on the drama team, gave devotions in youth group, and a lot of other stuff, I just don't want to bore you. I was 13 and my parents were not Christians. I rode the church van home from church every Sunday and Wednesday. After I got comfortable and settled into church, I noticed my youth director letting me go home last on the church van and choosing me to be in leadership positions over the rest of the youth. Some of the youth got mad and left our church. It was very evident, I just didn't understand why he chose me. But after a few rides on the church van, I figured out why. He didn't like me for my personality or even my Christ like attitude. He was going down a path that would hurt me more than I ever realized. That began the three years that I was sexually abused. I was threatened with his status in the community and as a new Christian, I thought that everyone's salvation that he had lead to Christ would be thrown down the drain and it wouldn't matter. For three years I thought I was holding the community's salvation in my hands. He was a basketball coach who took the team to state and he was wonderful in the community, but behind his mask, was somebody that only I seen. I played it off like nothing was going on. Defense mechanisms set up in me like I dont understand and probably never will. I was lost and confused. I finally told my boyfriend which was probably the hardest thing I had to do up until that point. I was an only child, my original parents were still married and life was great.....up until I got abused. It was not a one time thing. Every church ride home for 3 years became an abuse session. It took me 2 years after the abuse to realize that I didn't do anything wrong and that God loves me. I finally told and it has been a year that it has been out of court. I am not going to say I was never angry that it happened, but God has opened a lot of doors for me to help other people with this issue. It has made me a lot stronger person. I still go to the same church because I don't want to run away from issues when they arise. God has taught me a lot and I am to the point where I am thankful for God using this situation for great things. I am to the point that I am glad I can help others through it. Thank you Lord for Your deliverance and Your daily strength as I have recovered. If there is anyone out there going through this or have a question or haven't healed from a former abuse, please feel free to message me on here. I know that some of you have read this, but for some reason, God told me to share it again! God Bless y'all!

W

ww_21

Matthew 7:15 -"Beware of the false teachers--men who come to you in sheep's fleeces, but beneath that disguise they are ravenous wolves"

I am so sorry you were treated this way. It breaks my heart to know that people like that still exists in the world. Not everyone is this way, I can assure you. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you. If you ever need to talk about it, you can message me anyday, anytime.

C

Crazylove

So srry for what happen, but praise God that th Lord help u overcome ur situation. And that ur using this awful situation th devil tried to destroy u with, to glorify God!

C

Cabbage

I am definitely trying to help others through this situation. God has taught me the true act of forgiveness. When I said that I couldn't, He said that I could and helped me to forgive. Do not be sorry for me for what happened. Satan might have tried to beat me down, but God has redeemed me and set me on a high rock to be used for his glory. I told God that if one person was saved through all of this, it was worth it. I have led many to Christ through this testimony. Thank y'all for the encouraging words!

Jun 25, 2012
God bless you dear for sharing your testimony!! One such as yours has such a private and personal nature to it, and also painful and I'm sure you struggle with shame (though nothing was your fault). Most if not all people who have suffered such abuse as you have will go through different stages of a formal "grieving" process. I know I did. I even wrote myself a "poem" entitled, 'I weep' which named everything that I could think of that caused me anguish. It helped me to write it down and name each thing. Don't let people tell you that as a Christian everything needs to be "ok" right away. Sometimes the worst people at comforting, understanding and tolerance can be our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. In general people don't know how to react and probably walk on eggshells around you. God does heal and give us peace, but some emotions and things will cause pain for years to come. Give yourself time and allow yourself to go through the process. It's part of healing. Allow yourself to FEEL, to work through it. IF you've not sought counseling, I would say it's very beneficial and a counselor can assist you to work through things. Working with one has greatly helped me. I've been abused in certain ways as well as a child, not sexual, but neglect and other things. I know you said you were better now, but I just wanted to share that. Be patient with yourself on "bad" days where your emotions may be raw. They will happen, expect them to happen, and you'll be more ready to face it when it comes around. also, don't try to be the "brave soldier" and hold everything inside. Talking with friends who you trust and counseling can really help to ease the stress that all this has caused you. God bless you sister.

When I was 13, I got involved with church. It was right after my mother had gotten lung cancer, I had gotten saved, and then she was healed. I started singing in the choir, joined the church, got baptized, served on the drama team, gave devotions in youth group, and a lot of other stuff, I just don't want to bore you. I was 13 and my parents were not Christians. I rode the church van home from church every Sunday and Wednesday. After I got comfortable and settled into church, I noticed my youth director letting me go home last on the church van and choosing me to be in leadership positions over the rest of the youth. Some of the youth got mad and left our church. It was very evident, I just didn't understand why he chose me. But after a few rides on the church van, I figured out why. He didn't like me for my personality or even my Christ like attitude. He was going down a path that would hurt me more than I ever realized. That began the three years that I was sexually abused. I was threatened with his status in the community and as a new Christian, I thought that everyone's salvation that he had lead to Christ would be thrown down the drain and it wouldn't matter. For three years I thought I was holding the community's salvation in my hands. He was a basketball coach who took the team to state and he was wonderful in the community, but behind his mask, was somebody that only I seen. I played it off like nothing was going on. Defense mechanisms set up in me like I dont understand and probably never will. I was lost and confused. I finally told my boyfriend which was probably the hardest thing I had to do up until that point. I was an only child, my original parents were still married and life was great.....up until I got abused. It was not a one time thing. Every church ride home for 3 years became an abuse session. It took me 2 years after the abuse to realize that I didn't do anything wrong and that God loves me. I finally told and it has been a year that it has been out of court. I am not going to say I was never angry that it happened, but God has opened a lot of doors for me to help other people with this issue. It has made me a lot stronger person. I still go to the same church because I don't want to run away from issues when they arise. God has taught me a lot and I am to the point where I am thankful for God using this situation for great things. I am to the point that I am glad I can help others through it. Thank you Lord for Your deliverance and Your daily strength as I have recovered. If there is anyone out there going through this or have a question or haven't healed from a former abuse, please feel free to message me on here. I know that some of you have read this, but for some reason, God told me to share it again! God Bless y'all!

Last edited:
C

Cabbage

Oh yes, I agree. It is still hard. I still have dates that I fight with in my mind. Due to the extent of the abuse, I find myself at 21 and I will never be able to have children. I fight with that a lot. I still have PTSD flashbacks and episodes. I was doing wonderful until I had to go to court and I almost feel that that was worse that the actual abuse. That was really hard. However, I am better now. I just graduated nursing school and I'm ready to see what God has in store. I'm taking it one day at a time. I have been through a lot in my 21 years of life and I'm ready to face the next 21. :) I have been through all the stages of grief, but I have done them in a healthy manner. I have been able to help a lot of others through this. I am really glad that I have been able to keep God by my side through all of this! It has been a true blessing to learn to truly learn forgiveness and the way that God walks in love. Blessings to all of you!

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
God Bless, you my sister for sharing your testimony with us, I am so sorry you had to endure some thing so horrendous. But, I thank God that you are able to be a light to others that are or have been in the same situation. I pray through our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus, that he will continue the good works he has started in you. Keep the faith and God Bless.

C

Cabbage

Thank you :D

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your testimony and being a faithful support for all communities :) It is a beautiful thing God's love that guides us through no matter what we encounter. Communication is key in every relationship especially praying to God I pray you are blessed and continue blessing others as God uses you to deliver His message of hope. God bless you, in Christ :)

C

Cabbage

Wow! Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I have been through many trials and tests, but I have learned that if I turn it back around for God, He will work it and use it for greater things than I ever imagined. You know, I refuse to go into great detail about my abuse with anyone on here (unless they ask in a private message), because I know that just generally talking about it is a great trigger for many here, but at one point of my abuse I was tied to a tree and begging God for help. I was begging Him to pour out His spirit upon me. For Him to interfere and He immediately sent this verse to my heart 2 Corinthians 12:9 " But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." It is amazing how God takes care of His children and provides for us at just the right time. I hope all of you have a blessed day! He is working great things in my life right now and I'm so thankful for that!