Actually...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
...it is the pressing and crushing and defining and limiting and condemning and controlling women that is ungodly, not God using women to teach, preach, lead and prophesy, as His word shows us this occurs by His decree many times. It is the falsehood that women are to be silent, barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen from one verse in Timothy where Paul states his personal opinion that is demonic.

Since I cannot change the minds of pompous, self-righteous and abusive men here, I will say this in my blog, where I can control the responses. :) Because I am a woman and that is my prerogative. Yes. Yes it is.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
The devil has hated women since the beginning. We see in the Garden that God says that the devil and women will be at war. Genesis 3:15 states:

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her Offspring; He will bruise and tread your head underfoot, and you will lie in wait and bruise His heel.
We know the Offspring is speaking of Christ. Enmity means hostility: the extreme ill will or hatred that exists between enemies. We see this in the churches and the world today and even here on this website.

God has no qualms about calling women to preach and lead and teach and evangelize and speak and prophesy, it is the devil that wants to keep women crushed and broken and battered and bruised. It is through women that God brings new life into our world through the womb. Women are to be the helpmeet of their husbands and husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Rather, though, they abuse and beat and batter and crush them beneath their feet. The devil wins every time a woman who is called by God is destroyed through the fear-mongering of men in the church.

There is a difference between women exercising authority and women preaching and leading and teaching. They do not mean the same thing. Because many refuse to look at the verse in 1 Timothy in the context of the church and time it was written, and also ignore the fact that Paul does not state that God said women could not teach in church, but rather that Paul himself doesn't allow it in that context and location for specific reasons, let's look at the words for a moment, shall we?

The definition of authority is right to command: the right or power to enforce rules or give orders; holder of power: somebody or something with official power; power given to somebody: power to act on behalf of somebody else, or official permission to do something

The Greek word used for authority in the context of 1 Timothy is one who with his own hands kills another or himself; one who acts on his own authority, autocratic; an absolute master; to govern, exercise dominion over one

Now, let's see what I believe women can be called to do by God:

preach: give sermon: to give a talk on a religious or moral subject, especially in church; urge people to accept idea: to make an opinion or attitude known to others and urge others to share it

Hmmm, nope, that doesn't line up with either definition of authority, which was forbidden. Okay. Next.

Lead: guide somebody: to show the way to others, usually by going ahead of them; be the way somewhere: to be the route or direction that goes to a particular place or in a particular direction; bring somebody or something: to bring a person or animal along with physical guidance, e.g. by holding the person's hand or pulling a horse's reins

No match to the forbidden authority word there either. Hmmm...okay, next.

teach: impart knowledge to somebody: to impart knowledge or skill to somebody by instruction or example; give lessons in subject: to give lessons in or provide information about a subject; give lessons to somebody: to give lessons to a person or animal

Nope. Not taking 'authority' there either.

What is ironic is that women will be bashed over the head and beaten with this one verse in 1 Timothy, which is Paul's opinion and instruction to a young man in a certain, specific situation, but, moving on...it's ironic that most teachers in the world are women and that's fine, that women can teach Sunday School and kids, but not men. Strange, since the most impressionable years are the young years. So, men of the church will trust women, weak and deceivable as they are, to influence their children in the most formidable years, but then will freak out and leap off bridges should a woman dare to speak the truth of the word of God by moving of Holy Spirit.

As you can see, godly women are not seeking authority, they are seeking to use the gifts God gives them to do the call He has placed on their lives and you know what, no matter how many foolish, prideful and pompous men say that we can't, you can't stop God. He will do what He wants. He will call who He wants. He will qualify those He calls. And, those who cause one of these He calls to stumble, beware. You do not know the mind of God, you do not know the intimacies between Him and another, just as they don't know what He has intimated to you. Do not call the things of God to be the works of satan. That is included in the portion of Scripture about the unforgivable sin. Be careful in assuming that you know, without a doubt, who God has and has not called, what He has and has not called them to.