Adam and Eve first people on earth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stellpony

Jun 7, 2021
There weren't 2 creations.
Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:3 is a synopsis of Creation. You'll note that Genesis 2:4 starts with this:
4 This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

Moses then goes on to give more detail of God's most important aspect of Creation. Human Beings.
Lots of people say that chapter 2 is the detail of man but please address the fact that God made animlas in chapter 1 before man and he made man and woman at the same time on day 6, it is very specific, the timeline in chapter 1 is very precise for a reason, in chapter 2 God makes adam from the ground and places him in the garden then makes animlas and has adam name them, we do not know how long this is, I would venture to say it was longer than a day, then God sees adam needs a help mate then makes eve. Those two stories are not even close.

Thinking of the people in genesis one they are told to subdue the earth and multiply, adam is told only one thing not to do, also when Cain tells God that he fears people will kill him if he is made to be a wanderer on the earth, who are the people he fears.

I can see over a hundred years ago we had no knowledge of history like we do today. The thought that the earth is only 6000 years old and the whole human race is 6000 years old does not go with facts that are well known today.

A thought that God made the earth and populated it with a non spiritual "human" and then made adam as spiritual to commune with him and have as a close friend, that which he does not have with any other creature, when adam fell he had to go be with the non spiritual race and hence a new spiritual race was formed, in a sense we have all come from adam and eve but with the known history we know now it makes sense.

Jun 20, 2022
Lots of people say that chapter 2 is the detail of man but please address the fact that God made animlas in chapter 1 before man and he made man and woman at the same time on day 6, it is very specific, the timeline in chapter 1 is very precise for a reason, in chapter 2 God makes adam from the ground and places him in the garden then makes animlas and has adam name them, we do not know how long this is, I would venture to say it was longer than a day, then God sees adam needs a help mate then makes eve. Those two stories are not even close.

Thinking of the people in genesis one they are told to subdue the earth and multiply, adam is told only one thing not to do, also when Cain tells God that he fears people will kill him if he is made to be a wanderer on the earth, who are the people he fears.

I can see over a hundred years ago we had no knowledge of history like we do today. The thought that the earth is only 6000 years old and the whole human race is 6000 years old does not go with facts that are well known today.

A thought that God made the earth and populated it with a non spiritual "human" and then made adam as spiritual to commune with him and have as a close friend, that which he does not have with any other creature, when adam fell he had to go be with the non spiritual race and hence a new spiritual race was formed, in a sense we have all come from adam and eve but with the known history we know now it makes sense.
from reading this post i would think you believe that God created a group of humans and then later on created the lineage that leads to the Messiah through Adam?

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
If one of them taught you this nonsense, then no, you haven't.

There are so many ways to refute this nonsense, but I'll just quickly mention a few of them.

For starters, we read:

I Corinthians chapter 15

[45] And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
[46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
[47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Here, "Adam" is clearly referred to as being "the first man" twice.

First means first.

Not only this, but Eve is called "the mother of all living" in scripture.

"And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living." (Genesis 3:20)

The mother of ALL living in that she was the progenitor from whose womb ALL living descended.

I Corinthians chapter 15

[21] For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
[22] For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Again:

Romans chapter 5

[12] Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
[13] (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
[14] Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Sin entered into this world by one man, Adam, in whom all die, and death by sin.

In your crazy scenario, you've got people preceding Adam, sin, and death. Seeing how "death reigned FROM ADAM", those who you allege preceded Adam would still need to be alive.

It's nonsense.

I'll stop here.

Seriously, forsake this folly.
Eve is called the mother of all living. The question is just who are the living? Those people that are among the walking dead? By that I mean spiritually dead. They may be alive but spiritually they are as dead as a hammer.

And I will cause hostility between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring.
He will strike your head,
and you will strike his heel.
~Genesis 3:15

God’s curse of the serpent was also a promise to Eve that one day her descendant would redeem mankind.

It depends on how you want to look at it.

I bet you that if KenAllen is still around you would find that he studies with Shepherds Chapel

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021

You have made some very good points but you have left out one major thing.

Genesis 2:5

New International Version
Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,

New Living Translation
neither wild plants nor grains were growing on the earth. For the LORD God had not yet sent rain to water the earth, and there were no people to cultivate the soil.

English Standard Version
When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground,

Berean Study Bible
Now no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth, nor had any plant of the field sprouted; for the LORD God had not yet sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground.

King James Bible
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

New King James Version
before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;

New American Standard Bible
Now no shrub of the field was yet on the earth, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted, for the LORD God had not sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground.

What do all of these translations say? “There was NO MAN to till,cultivate, or work the ground.

Genesis 1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

New Living Translation
So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

English Standard Version
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Berean Study Bible
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

King James Bible
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Verse 28.

God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

New Living Translation
Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”

English Standard Version
And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Berean Study Bible
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth.”

King James Bible
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God gave both man and woman dominion over the fish,the birds, and every living thing that moved on the earth.

God did not say anything about farming or tilling the ground.

God made both man and woman.

God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed life into him in chapter 2: 7 and HE became a living Soul. How long was it from verse 7 to verse 21? There was a lot that went on in that span of time. In verse 21 God takes the rib from Adam and creates Eve.

The BIG question is just how could Eve been the woman of Genesis 1: 27 if she was not created till the end of Genesis 2. Which means that Adam could not have been the Man in verse 1:27 because Adam did not have a mate till Eve came along.

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
from reading this post i would think you believe that God created a group of humans and then later on created the lineage that leads to the Messiah through Adam?
Strong's Concordance
ethnos: a race, a nation, pl. the nations (as distinct from Isr.)
Original Word: ἔθνος, ους, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: ethnos
Phonetic Spelling: (eth'-nos)
Definition: a race, a nation, the nations (as distinct from Israel)
Usage: a race, people, nation; the nations, heathen world, Gentiles.
HELPS Word-studies
1484 éthnos (from ethō, "forming a custom, culture") – properly, people joined by practicing similar customs or common culture; nation(s), usually referring to unbelieving Gentiles (non-Jews).

Adam and Eve were the begining of the Hebrew (Isreal) the 10 tribes of Isreal.

Jun 20, 2022
Strong's Concordance
ethnos: a race, a nation, pl. the nations (as distinct from Isr.)
Original Word: ἔθνος, ους, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: ethnos
Phonetic Spelling: (eth'-nos)
Definition: a race, a nation, the nations (as distinct from Israel)
Usage: a race, people, nation; the nations, heathen world, Gentiles.
HELPS Word-studies
1484 éthnos (from ethō, "forming a custom, culture") – properly, people joined by practicing similar customs or common culture; nation(s), usually referring to unbelieving Gentiles (non-Jews).

Adam and Eve were the begining of the Hebrew (Isreal) the 10 tribes of Isreal.
why would you trust the Septuagint when you have the Torah and Tanakh that is from the literal original language used?

Jun 20, 2022
on Mount Sinai, God gives Moses the record of Creation in the Hebrew Language. Moses writes it down in the Hebrew Language. and you choose to ignore that for some Greek translation that happens THOUSANDS of years later. why?

Thewatchman

Jun 19, 2021
I do trust the Hebrew but I also trust the Greek for it is the language of the new testament. Be sure to know this I beleave both the Old and New testaments and study both.

Jun 20, 2022
I do trust the Hebrew but I also trust the Greek for it is the language of the new testament. Be sure to know this I beleave both the Old and New testaments and study both.
i am not questioning the reasoning behind the New Testament because it is Koine Greek. but the Septuagint is Hellenized Greek. this is why i only trust the Tanakh for the Old Testament and more specifically the Torah for the Law and Creation. mainly because it is first hand from God to Moses to the paper he jotted the words down.