Advice On Evangelism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KatelynMarissa

Questions you can ask:

-What do you mean?
-How do you know that to be true?
-How has it affected your life?
-What if you're wrong?
-Is there any reason why you should not accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour?
-Does that make sense?

(use this particular one for those who deny God's existence) Here's something you can do: get a paper or something and draw a circle and label it "ALL knowledge" and in parenthasies (sp?) put 100% and then ask the person to put how much knowledge they think they have compared to all knowledge. Then ask him to reconsider the fact of God existing. There's this site www.crazylovebook.com go there and click on videos and then watch the two videos (The Awe Factor Of God and Just Stop And Think) The first one is about the universe and shows picture of how awesome our world is and the second one is AMAZING. It made me cry! Go watch them and write the site down and have him/her go to it. and then there's this one site about biblical prophecies www.100prohecies.org and then there's www.net-burst.net (alot of things on there. no exaggeration on that one) my fav. one on there was the one about Jesus' resurrection. and there's something on there about the trinity...and what not. I believe that deep deep down inside of them, they KNOW there is a God. I haven't used the example I gave you because I don't have an atheist friend.. anyways, here are some tips they we must remember:

-PRAY!!!!!!! always
-persue
-persuade
-listen to them and they'll listen to you
-Love them like Jesus loves them
-Don't say anything like "You really believe that?! That's so stupid." they will probably hate you and ignore you and that would really suck.
-Don't use crazy christian terms that no one understands. (i.e "let Jesus into your heart" etc)
-Learn. Act like you're interested in what they believe.
-Be respectful

When I said ask them to put how much knowledge they think they have, have him put what percent he thinks he has compared 100% ALL knowledge.

Here's a way that you can bring it up:

I've been thinking of a way to bring the conversation up, and I remember seeing on T.V some crazy guy eating his glass cup and plate. I tried googling how many people have died from eating glass/electronics and I didn't find anything :/ google sucks. If you find something on how many people have died from it, give me the link. When you see someone with some glass or electronic(s), you could be like "Ya know, people actually eat things that are electronic and I tried to google it and see how many have died from it, but didn't find anything. It doesn't matter though, what matters is, what do you think will happen to you after you die? " it would work so much better if someone found statistics on how many people have died from it. I haven't used this one yet either, but, either way it still brings it up.
Don't forget to make a beeline to the cross and bring them to a decision of trusting in Christ. Make sure it makes sense and if it does, ask them "Is there any reason right now, why you wouldn't trust in Christ for your salvation?"

You know the drill, now go! :D

If they don't believe you, tell 'em to go to youtube and search 'People eating glass' (atleast that's one way to get strong teeth and internal bleeding and a nice hospital visit...) you might wanna turn the sound off on the video...the sound of glass being "chewed" is quite annoying.

Here's the G.O.S.P.E.L.

God created us to be with Him
Our sins seperate us from God
Sins cannot be removed by good deeds
Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again
Everyone who trusts in Him alone, has eternal life
Life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever

please don't just simply quote the gospel.... explain it to them! (I wrote something explaining them and giving examples that people fully understand on http://hoperising.ning.com ) ---Join the site so you can get more helpful things on evangelism.

there's this site www.dare2share.org that tells how you can reach a mormon, an atheist, a JW, a muslim...etc. click "more options" and then click 'How to share your faith with...'

anyways, go out there and SHRED THE GNAR for Jesus! (STG means go big or go home)

I posted this because I read that alot of you are having probs with sharing Jesus.