Advice on mental health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
And everything in your responses reek of a desperation to tear someone down and twist their good intentions to be evil. I know my intentions, you only presume to know. Sorry, though, i won't continue feeding your need to put people down. You'll need to go elsewhere for that. /kicks the dust off his shoes
You should apply your first sentence to your first post to me. Funny how it works out like that.

Promises, promises.

Quantrill

U

UnderGrace

Forget about psychiatrists and their nonsense since they will never address SPIRITUAL ISSUES. And what you are facing is spiritual warfare, for which God has provided you with spiritual armor. See Ephesians 6 and other related passages.
@Ata041114

Disagree strongly with this advice, while it does not need to be a "psychiatrist" ......seeking out the support of a professional is not wrong. Not every battle is solely spiritual and it is very wrong to make this assumption, especially since you have stated you have PTSD comorbid with ADHD and depression.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
@Ata041114
... especially since you have stated you have PTSD comorbid with ADHD and depression.
OK. Here's the thing. The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) says that: "The main treatments for people with PTSD are psychotherapy, medication, or a combination of the two."

So let's leave medication to the physicians. What is this "psychotherapy" supposed to do? Here is what they say: "It focuses on identifying, understanding, and changing thinking and behavior patterns."

https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/posttraumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/treatment

So, for you and the poster -- as Christians -- what does the Bible have to say about "thinking and behavior patterns" and how they can be changed? And is that not ultimately a spiritual issue? But psychotherapists will NOT use the Bible. Instead they will use humanistic ideas.

There are many Scripture passages which focus on "thinking and behavior patterns" and the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND. But let's take one passage and focus on it.

ROMANS 8
5 For they that are after the flesh [the old nature] do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit [the new nature] the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[HERE'S THE CURE]

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is ife because of righteousness.
[HERE'S THE POWER]

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
[HERE'S THE COURAGE]

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Feb 28, 2016
I have to admit that every 'battle' is 'spiritual', but sometimes when we are in a position where we have no other options
than to seek a helping hand as the last resort to help us get-out of where we are 'stuck in the mire', whether we know it
or not know
that The Lord is leading us in His direction, then we just have to go for the gold, He gives us a choice -
only by the Grace of God -
and He did lead me to a Christian Counseling Group, who treated me, 'free of charge', because of my circumstances;
and as I stood behind the curtains when telling my story in the beginning, they didn't give up on me, and eventually
I was able to come out and 'tell' my story of horror and abuse and was able to accept their counsel to 'get-out' in order
to live and not die..,
only by the Grace of God, and He told me what I meant to HIM and that He had elected me to do certain things
for Him in my furture...
that's why I'm here right now, loving you all and sharing a part of my story...

Feb 28, 2016
Miri,
I tried and tried to send you a 'private message', but was unable to, and so will just have to say here in public,'
that hub and I Love you very much and appreciate your discernment and understanding of what we are sharing
to our Brothers and Sisters in Christ,,,
:):)