advice please!!-Dont understand him anymore.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jose1980

Somebody posted a thread on 10 things to do to make your husband happy, but:

what do you do if he never tells you 'he loves you unless you say it first?', and never realises he never says it? - and if you ask the same question (do you love me?) he gets offended? - is it an ego men have?

what if you feel you have done your best and all you get back is heartache and moaning every night, and would leave the house at night to sleep at a hotel if he realises you are crying?

what if you make a mistake today (something you thought was right and didnt do on purpose or with bad intentions) and never gets another chance to prove otherwise, or gets it with a lot of heartache and suffering?

What if he never sits down to listen to you and try to understand you?

what if he proves you wrong on every point and always affirms he is the right one?

what if you cant share with him the very little stupid things that disturb you(regarding your relationship) even after carefuly chosing the right atmosphere???

-these are things happening yet in a relationship, not marriage-

on the other hand, when all these things are happening, he's always ready to help with any problem as long as it doesnt touch the 'interpersonal relationship' -ie regarding work, church, etc

help!! adding to above. Yet even after all the pain, you still feel you have the desire to make him the happiest man in the world!!!!

Oh God, how do you describe all this???...

..And at the time when you first met, You both felt the very strong presence of God in your relationship, you had a lot of peace and you knew you had just met your husband! adding again to above:

He is always the one offended, when you are offended, you are not supposed to be offended!!!

How can all this be described??

M

maggiemodluvshim

My friend, I am not married, but I have a mom who is married and a few long time married women friends. The advice that they have passed on to me (should I ever get married), is this: when your husband won't listen to you.. take it to the Lord in prayer.. because the Lord is the one who changes the hearts of men (and women!).

Maggie

J

jcruzin

My heart goes out to you Jose1980. I've been married before so I can understand a little of what you are experiencing. I, like Maggie said, I went to the Lord in prayer. I asked God to help and reveal to me what was going on in my marriage. I asked Him, to show me, me. What could I do to help bring peace and understanding to our situation. Most importantly, I as a Christian tithe payer and child of God, I called God to the carpet. I reminded Him of his Word. I was living right (as best I knew how). And as you know, He must honor His Word. (“What God has joined together let no man put asunder.”) The adversary desires to destroy us, but he is mostly after family. He wishes to destroy God's unity and love in marriage.

Praying for you!

Jenny

J

jose1980

Thank you too, so much Jenny.
GBU

C

CharmaineV

Massive hugs! I know how you feel as I've been going through the same things with my husband. It can get better though!

I've recently gotten some dvd's from my mum - it's a lady talking to men about them being kings and the ladies being the warriors that needs to protect their "king's" kingdom. She also talks about how the men should treat the ladies and vice versa. This lady had marriage problems, they lost everything, her hubby was in an affair, etc.

In Isaiah 55:11 it says "so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

Now to explain the verse, if you pray something that is in God's word, then that word can't go out and come back to God empty. So if you for example pray and say "God, in Psalm 23:1 you say that you are my Shepherd and in verse 4 you say that I will fear no evil for you will be with me then that means that you are ....... (your boyfriends name) Shepherd too and that you wil keep him safe " then (just imagine) angels going out with that word and they are running and they can't come back to God if ..... (his name) wasn't kept safe. (Hope you understand what I mean, I'm translating into english as I go along!)

So what this lady did, is she started studying Gods Word and then in the mornings while her hubby was taking a shower, she would take oil and she will pray and say verses that she got out of the Bible and she would annoint his clothes, shoes, etc. She said that she could see her hubby changing for the better till he accepted God in his heart.

Hope all this makes sense!