Advice Please?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

maximumrideaddict

I'm on the EMS squad in my town. I got my EMT certification in December. Lately I've been thinking that this isn't for me. I've only been riding one day a week so far, and only for five hours. I don't have much time for more hours due to school (still in high school), homework, sports, hopefully youth group soon, Bible study, and everything else. Recently I was informed that I have two weeks to learn everything I need to know, which I basically know now except for a few things, and that I have to ride more hours. Whenever I have time for myself I start to feel somewhat depressed, and I'm pretty sure this is because I feel so bad for the patients we take to the hospital. I haven't been on any aweful calls yet, but I've heard other members talk about calls they've been on, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle it. I've been praying about this for a couple weeks now, and I feel like I should stop riding more and more every day. I haven't told anyone this yet. I'm afraid to tell my parents. My dad took the EMT course with me, only because I wanted to become an EMT. I know he'll be dissapointed when he finds out I don't want to ride anymore. And I don't even know how to talk to my mom about this. I don't exactly talk to either of my parents about my life/how I feel. I've actually done a pretty good job about hiding my true feelings from everyone, which I know isn't a good thing.

That's pretty much it... Please, if you have any advice, let me know. I really need it. :confused: Thank you and God bless!

May 24, 2005
You're a teenager. You should enjoy your youth while you still have it. Your parents won't be disappointed in you because you don't want to see people hurting. Just put in a two weeks notice and let that be it. That is my advice.

V

vaz

i think max being a teen we all go through point where we dont tell our rents stuff i dont talk to my dad about stuff at all but sometimes i do basically for me this is coz everything spreads like wildfire in my fam but thats just ours.

i think if your really feeling that you dont want to do it you need to get someone to pray over it with you in person so you can get it weighed with someone therefore you can be sure of the answer.

offten we think we cant handle things when we can, i get frineds from church telling me they sometimes wonder how im still here after everything ive been through my dad leaving me all my childhood years almost moving to canada and then deciding to come home, being a fulltime career for my mum, working, serving in church and loosing the one i loved most. but the thing is God gives you strength when u think you have none sometimes you just have to push on and perciver coz wot it waiting at the end is amazing.

praying for you

M

maximumrideaddict

Thanks guys!
When I was taking the class I was afraid I couldn't handle it, but I made it thanks to the prayers of my church family. But now what I'm afraid of is not being able to deal with something horrible, like some of the calls the other members have been on. I love helping people, which was one of the reasons I joined, but I hate to see people in pain. I'm almost 100% sure I don't want to do this anymore, but I will try to find someone to pray with.

J

JenRN25

let God use your compassion. God gives us strength to care for others in their time of need. during rough situations with patients I try to stay focused on the physical needs of the patient and once stable the spiritual and emotional needs. Talk with your coworkers about your cases. The reason they talk about them is because it helps tem debrief. Its normal. Give it some time. Let God work through you.