Advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 26, 2013
What can I do daily to improve my relationship with god and I'm having a hard time figuring out what John (6:44) really means and how I should start my journey to God. Thank you for the advice im sure i will get and god bless!

A

Ariel82

John 6
[SUP]43 [/SUP]Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves. [SUP]44 [/SUP]No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. [SUP]45 [/SUP]It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’[SUP][e][/SUP] Therefore everyone who has heard and learned[SUP][f][/SUP] from the Father comes to Me. [SUP]46 [/SUP]Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father. [SUP]47 [/SUP]Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me[SUP][g][/SUP] has everlasting life. [SUP]48 [/SUP]I am the bread of life. [SUP]49 [/SUP]Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. [SUP]50 [/SUP]This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. [SUP]51 [/SUP]I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
what do you mean start? God starts by first loving and drawing you to HIM. if you have Faith it is because He gave it to you. If you understand the teachings of Jesus it is because GOD revealed it to you. Jesus, the Word is the bread of life.

Feb 17, 2013
What that verse is speaking of is that you must be drawn to the God by the Holy Spirit. He is the one that convicts our hearst and leads us to Christ and if accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour we will be resurrected to eternal life. As far increase=ing your walk with God. Study, study, study, and pray just talk to Him as you would a friend. Tell Him of your problems and thank Him for saving you and setting you free. Now a lot of folks on here will differ from Me, But ask in to fill you with the Holy Spirit. You will not regret it. Then you will have more understanding of scripture that ever and He will always point you to Christ. It is Him that lead you to Christ in the first place.

Keep seeking. Thank God you saved. Amen

Feb 11, 2012
What can I do daily to improve my relationship with god and I'm having a hard time figuring out what John (6:44) really means and how I should start my journey to God. Thank you for the advice im sure i will get and god bless!

But He also said if I be lifted up I will draw all men to my self, Jh12:32. and the Spirit convicts the world of sin righteousness and judgment, so ALL men are drawn, only a few make the choice to follow.

Be sure you are one of the few who chooses to repent and follow Jesus on the narrow path!

Seek those things which are above!

Col 3:1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Be mindful of things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For you died, and your life has been hidden with Christ in God.
These powerful verses above really sum up what is required of you to walk a pure and holy life before God!
But as with all the powerful scriptures, they come with a strong warning and something we must do!
Now IF you were truly raised with Christ in newness of life that comes from the truly repented and crucified life, you will be seeking the things which are from above! The things that please the Lord, who is sitting at the right hand of God!
It also warns to be mindful of thing’s above, which is purity, sincerity and love, and not on the things of this world, as many who profess Christ have it backwards. They love the things of the earth or world more than crucifying their flesh with Christ, and walking the narrow road that leads to life!
Now the most powerful warning so far is the last verse that says you died! Died to what?
You died to sin, worldliness, and rebellion to God, having truly repented (sin stops) and now your new life is free from the corrupting influence of the world and sin, and now hidden with Christ in God!
This death must occur through the process of godly sorrow which produces repentance leading to salvation, if its real, and from the heart, which will show proof such as a clearing of all wrong doing, amending you ways if necessary, a strong fear of God and His wrath to come, plus a vehement desire to cast out of doors all defilement and attachment’s to the world and its vain ways!
This is what real repentance produces in the humble, and obedient soul, who has yielded to the powerful conviction of the spirit of God, who abounds around the whole world, convicting the whole world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, not asking the lost sinner to just accept, believe, and confess in something that never happened!
1Jn 5:4 For everything that has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that overcomes the world, our faith. (Obedience to the truth)
Tommy

J

jody50

You should read your Bible. I would concentrate on the New Testament at first so you will know what you need to do to be saved. Read Mark 16:15 & 16. Go into all the world and teach that everyone who believes and is baptized shall be saved.
Acts 2 :38 Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins. So, we need to believe in God, repent of our sins, confess that Jesus is Son of God, and be baptized. Then we need to find a church that teaches these things and worship according to the New Testament. You can call any Church of Christ and they will help you.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Here is a journey starter. See Jesus in the beginning, the middle and the end...your all in all.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Practically speaking there is no better way to get to know God than to read the Bible. And not just a few choice verses. Read the whole thing, over and over.

Pray, pray and pray more.

Find a good fellowship, and some mentors who can model the way a Christian lives and can give you loving accountability. Christianity is not a solo activity - you need to be with other Christians to grow.

Find some ways to serve God. In your church and in the community.

Just like a baby does not grow up over night, neither does a new Christian. When you know Christ, remember that he is in control. This was a verse God gave me when I first became a Christian, and I have held onto it through difficult and trying circumstances.

"And we know that he who began a good work will bring it to completion in you on the day of the Lord Jesus Christ." Phil 1:6.

Claim it as your own. And another thing that really helps - memorize the Bible. That is hiding God's word in your heart!

N

nonicknametouse

When a seed is planted in our hearts to accept Jesus we can either receive Him or reject Him .God plants that seed through His word and He grows it. He will resurrect those who believe. John 6:44

If you have a home church , you should find a mentor and a prayer partner, who is mature and grounded in God's word. Maybe get a devotional you can read each day to encourage you in His word. And of course Pray, Pray, Pray. As soon as my son leaves for shcool I have my prayer time with the Lord. Somethimes it is outside early when it is dead silent and still. I start with some songs and just praise and worship, dance worship or just sit quiet and listen. You find what works for you. Also reading God's word is wonderful, however you also need to apply it to your life. So if there is anything in your life that does not line up with His word, then you need to work on that and ask Him for His strength to change that area. When we become Christians we are New Creations and need to learn how to live as that new creation which intails every part of our life. One thing at a time. The way we dress, talk, our actions and motives. What we watch on tv to the decisions we make etc. are all in God's word.

Learn what your gifts are and it will help you know what His will is for you. It is a start. Maybe start serving in your church in some capacity. It helps to get to know th congegation. Romans chapter 12 is a good chapter to read and it talks about His gifts.

I am so encouraged to hear you want to improve your relationship with the Lord. God bless you.