Advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jclev2010

I recently had a slip up. I was doing good and then thiss friday I went to a high school football game. While there I seen some friends that I hadnt seen in awhile. Long story short I ended up kind of partying with them. Woke up this morning and drove home, on the way home I just broke down and felt more convicted than I ever have. Since im feeling conviction, I have been told that its good. It shows that I truly desire the relationship for god and its only drawing me closer to him. On the other hand I am a youth leader andI play bass on the praise and worship team. Now having had taken a step back I think I should step down and not play for awhile. I feel like if im not living the right way then i shouldnt be up in front of people playing and worshipping him. I just dont know. Im just kinda confused. Help me out.

S

Sonzzz01

I'll say you just need to ask for God's forgiveness and continue to be active in church.

D

dovey

Definatly pray about it and see which way you are drawn. I think it is a mature decision to realize that responsibility should not be taken lightly. Glad you are so concerned. Stay involved in church, but maybe make yourself work back up to a leadership position if you think this is going to become a habit. You sound like a thoughtful guy who made a mistake...we all do. Just don't let that particular one happen again! and it will be a valuable mistake long term...God Bless

M

morgan2294

I think you're doing the right thing- ask God to forgive you. He always will. Use this experience to grow in God- he will show you true joy and comtentment that u won't ever wanna fill with anything else. I'll pray for you!
-your sister in Christ :) morgan

T

taylor_11

I know how you feel. You're right that feeling the conviction that you're feeling is a good thing. That is a sign that God is dealing with you. He doesnt want you to beat yourself up or feel like a failure, He just wants you to completely repent of your sin and let Him mold you into the person He wants you to become. I know that sometimes the hardest thing to do is just accept Christ's forgivness, because we feel like we dont deserve it...

I think that if you have truly repented of your sin and have no intention of doing what you did again, then you should just get back out there praise God for his mercy and forgivness. But God's opinion is more important than mine, so you should earnestly pray and seek God's guidance. =)

Sep 2, 2009
how is partying with friends a sin? but churches would be empty if everybody who has little slip ups, quit participating. you shouldnt stop doing something you enjoy because you did something you enjoy. forgive yourself and move on.

Sep 18, 2009
i think u should just ask god fot forgiveness and then spk to ur pastor hell tell u but look 1 st of u admitted ur sin and u want to change most teens our age dont care at all sounds like uvr got ur head screwed on well ;) god dies on the x for us 2 forgive us aswell and hes our redeemer and look every1 sins its just wat we do after that counts

S

sweetheart728

i think it beautiful that you would take it upon yourself to step down...
my pastor always tells us to "catch yourself dont let us have to catch you" so thats good
but at the same time...
when we slip/fall we tend to run from God (ie: adam and eve... they hid because they knew they sinned)
the bible says we all fall short of his glory....
so dont beat your self up... the only thing you can so is recieve Gods forgivness and get back up... just because you slipped doesnt mean you have to stay there
i love you wit the love of Christ... hope i helped a bit

X__sweetheart__

H

heaven72883

I think you should ask for forgiveness and most of all forgive yourself so you can get past the guilt. Then I suggest speaking to a strong christian and finding a mentor who will hold you accountable. Whenever you feel the need to party or do something you know is not right, you can call this individual and be like "hey i am about to go party with the guys" and he will help you keep on track. Next I would find a group of Christians and postive people to hang around. You can always have fun by doing other things than partying and drinking. You can go go-carting, putt putting, bowling, to the movies, laser tagging, paint balling, there is so much stuff young people can do now a days that doesn't invovle "partying" Id say explore other options and other ways of having fun that doesn't involve feeling guilty. Godbless you.. and keep you

U

Uprise

how is partying with friends a sin? but churches would be empty if everybody who has little slip ups, quit participating. you shouldnt stop doing something you enjoy because you did something you enjoy. forgive yourself and move on.

forgive myself.. o if it were that easy... lets just throw Jesus out the window. i can forgive myself now

Feb 9, 2009
I recently had a slip up. I was doing good and then thiss friday I went to a high school football game. While there I seen some friends that I hadnt seen in awhile. Long story short I ended up kind of partying with them. Woke up this morning and drove home, on the way home I just broke down and felt more convicted than I ever have. Since im feeling conviction, I have been told that its good. It shows that I truly desire the relationship for god and its only drawing me closer to him. On the other hand I am a youth leader andI play bass on the praise and worship team. Now having had taken a step back I think I should step down and not play for awhile. I feel like if im not living the right way then i shouldnt be up in front of people playing and worshipping him. I just dont know. Im just kinda confused. Help me out.
Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Remember that there was only one perfect ever to walk this world and He reigns yesterday, today and forever. Remember also that no one is perfect. 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us from all unrighteousness." Remember that even in the worst of times He's right there with us. Right there to calm the raging storms of life. Whatever this wrong is that you've done ask Him to forgive you and move forward making sure not to fall into the enemies snare again. James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." Don't give up something you enjoy over one wrong in life. Pray about this and pray that God will help you also. Moreover talk with the pastor of your church as well. Pray about all this especially that God will build you up to make you a better person and that you'll grow closer to Him through all of this.

M

Maddog

I'm confused as to what moral law has been breached here. You saw some old friends and had a party? Unless there's more that you're not telling us, I can't see what the problem is. At the moment it sounds as though you're feeling guilty about something that does not warrant it - which is wrong.

N

nickiturton

everybody makes mistakes, so i'm guessing you had a few drinks? i've done that - i've fallen into peer pressure. i told god about it, and asked for forgiveness. i don't think you need to stop playing bass at church - you slipped up! its not like you're fully turning away from god. just get right with him, and ask him to give you strength when you feel weak around your non-christian friends. :)