Affordable Health Insurance Scam

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SCHISM

Aug 2, 2016
On another thread I brought up the matter of the Bible guaranteeing than a nation that has faith in God has no need of a standing army as he would defend that nation and wins its wars. Why don't you and others like you believe what that part of the Bible teaches you?
I'm sure that many of us Christians do believe in God's promises and would love to see our nation end its warmongering. However, there are many people in our nation that do not have our faith, and those numbers are likely to continue to grow. We can pray, spread the gospel, and wait to see what happens. Also, if you know someone personally who is thinking about joining the military then you can share with them the verses about God's protection, warmongers, and thou shalt not kill. Then maybe that individual will make the right choice to love his neighbors.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
SCHISM; said:
I'm sure that many of us Christians do believe in God's promises and would love to see our nation end its warmongering. However, there are many people in our nation that do not have our faith, and those numbers are likely to continue to grow. We can pray, spread the gospel, and wait to see what happens. Also, if you know someone personally who is thinking about joining the military then you can share with them the verses about God's protection, warmongers, and thou shalt not kill. Then maybe that individual will make the right choice to love his neighbors.

Actually, I have done that and written about it many times over the years. Jehovah's Witnesses and Catholic Workers have been especially receptive to my ideas. In fact I have engaged in several highly successful public debates on the subject. Too bad that so many evangelical types who claim to be fundamentalist and proclaim strict adherence to biblical teaching have not been so receptive. Had they been so the USA would be at total peace just as it is guaranteed in the Bible.