Afraid I have committed blasphemy?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

passionforguitar

I'm sorry, this is the 2nd time I've posted about this. I'm just terrified I have committed blasphemy of The Holy Ghost.

I've been so worried about not committing this lately, and in my mind I was thinking " I don't think God's work is that of [ ...you know who's ]! I don't think God's work is [ you know who's ]! " and then the thought " I do " came into my mind.

It was a rebellious thought, I think it was carnal minded [ ? I don't know much about the carnal mind, but isn't it the flesh's thoughts? ]

I'm scared. Do you have to say it? Because I thought it, I didn't mean it.

But then I prayed to God, repenting.
I told him that if I did commit it, he could just make me an Atheist. But if I didn't commit it he could keep me being a Christian.

I just don't know, I told God he knew my heart and if I meant it or not. But all day I've been reading about the sin, and I just had a rebellious thought. I don't know. I just was under so much pressure not to commit it, I think I cracked. :(

So basically, these are my questions:

1. Do you have to say it? Because the carnal mind is " always enmity against God " I was wondering.

2. Do you think I committed it? In the moment I was just fed up and under so much pressure to not commit it. Thoughts of ' Don't do it! ' clouded my mind all day. I just rebelled.
I immediately thought ' Oh no! ' after, but I don't know. I just rebelled. :(

God Bless - booksandstuff

X

xFuSioN

are you even reborn again ?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​passionforguitar, God does not work through you-know-who!! He dont play that way..:)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Ok, a couple of thoughts that may upset you, but at least I am answering and being honest so........

1) No one is "saved" at birth...........just saying.......you might wanna check that one out a wee bit more....

2) Maybe you should consider changing your screen name to passionforChrist? just saying..........

3) It's a bid odd to me that we suddenly have some "14 year old" folks joining CC and posting some (shall I say interesting) comments.................odd indeed........

P

passionforguitar

1. I never said anyone was saved at birth, I'm not sure where your thought I said that is coming from, sorry.
2. Is it wrong I just love playing guitar? I think it's a blessing from God, I adore music and use it to praise him. Obviously not everyone has the opportunity to pursue music as a passion, and I do. I think it's a blessing.
3. And I am 14, I found this website because I made a decision I want to seek God more in my life.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
1. I never said anyone was saved at birth, I'm not sure where your thought I said that is coming from, sorry.
2. Is it wrong I just love playing guitar? I think it's a blessing from God, I adore music and use it to praise him. Obviously not everyone has the opportunity to pursue music as a passion, and I do. I think it's a blessing.
3. And I am 14, I found this website because I made a decision I want to seek God more in my life.
well, goodness, I must have made that up, oh, no, wait............FROM YOUR PROFILE PAGE:

Age14 [h=5]About passionforguitar[/h]Gender:femaleMarital Status:not marriedSpiritual Status:Christian
When saved:BirthCountry Flag/Nationality:USACountry (Location):United StatesFavorite Bible Verse:John 3:16

Nothing wrong with loving to play the guitar............my point was that IF you place that love ABOVE loving God, then it IS WRONG.......... :)

If you really are 14, then great, I am glad you made a decision to seek God.......BUT be sure you understand that God doesn't want to or will SETTLE for JUST being a PART of your life...........He wants to be ALL...................nothing must come before God

P

passionforguitar

Thanks for notifying me, I was baptized at birth, not saved, I guess I was in a rush while signing up. I'll change that though, thank you for notifying me.
And yes, I am 14. I just posted this in the ' Young Adults ' section instead of ' Teens ' because I wanted older Christian's opinions on this, people who had a good grasp of the faith. I'm not saying that teens don't, I hoped for long-term Christian answers.
Finally, I'd never let guitar get above my faith. It's a blessing, I don't want to misuse it. I don't idolize it or anything, it just helps me get all of my emotions and self expression out.

God Bless.

P

passionforguitar

* Miscellaneous forum, not Young Adult, sorry

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I made a decision I want to seek God more in my life.
this right here, to me means you are not on the path of unforgivable sin.

if my people, who are called by my name,
will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

(2 Chronicles 7:14)

don't believe everything that pops into your head :)
keep seeking Him, and keep being humble before Him, admitting it to Him when you fall, and reject evil whether you find it in the world or in yourself.

don't worry - trust Him.

P

passionforguitar

Thanks you guys for all of your help, I just prayed to Jesus, and I feel forgiven and at peace. God Bless you all. :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
& nothing wrong with loving to play guitar. :eek:

David loved to play his lyre, am sure, and he was "a man after God's own heart"

P

passionforguitar

Thank you for your kind insight. :) And I'm basically attached to my Bible and my guitar, haha.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Ok, we gotta go again.........infant baptism is not Biblical in keeping with the Commandments of Jesus.......just saying......if you have confessed and repented and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you should be baptized! That first one didn't do anything for you other than to make your parents and others feel good..........just saying

Yowie

Aug 31, 2013
I remember thinking the same thing and I'd say by your response you haven't done it either.